Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Alternatively, you can also max the Austere element by feeding it 13* fodders of the same weapon kind(if you are maxing a Sword, you need all other fodders be 13* Swords). You will need 30 fodders if you go that route, but depending on the amount of stuff one could have gathered from all these CFs, it could be a better option. You also have the option to use the attribute boosters(5% each; 10% from the untradeables), but I expect them to rise in price again by then. I would save the mats from the 2nd copy to get a new weapon altogether seeing how easy is to get enough fodders nowdays.

Also you can get 13* weapons, like Vals and Demon weapons, right off of player shops to help max the element of your Austere. Depending on the type of weapon, they can cost you less than 100K each.

This may be the way to go, as PSO2 seems to be weening us off of CFs in favor of more RNG.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

While I'm glad they fixed one of the biggest sword problems, a.k.a Sacrifice byte, It now makes me wish they gave a good look at other HU weapons. Partisan is in a mostly good place, but is barely any stronger than Sword right now, so a buff to Sword could potentially make it nothing more than a niche weapon. And WL is forever rotting in a place of broken mechanics and inefficient PAs. Oh well I guess a step forward is a step forward xD

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    tbh since Austere OT is gonna be upgradeable to Austere NT im almost tempted to just get the OT weapons and upgrade them that way.

I have a 8s invade NT Sword from XQ but I wanna have all 3 weapons for my Hero Character and im too lazy to farm XQ.
    We still have no clue what the trade will require, doubt it will be only OG Austere. They said no stones, but they didn't say no: crests, crafting material, Excubes, fuses, etc.,
    I'm stock piling everything just in case.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    While I'm glad they fixed one of the biggest sword problems, a.k.a Sacrifice byte, It now makes me wish they gave a good look at other HU weapons. Partisan is in a mostly good place, but is barely any stronger than Sword right now, so a buff to Sword could potentially make it nothing more than a niche weapon. And WL is forever rotting in a place of broken mechanics and inefficient PAs. Oh well I guess a step forward is a step forward xD
    I just want every grab PA on the WL to be 0pp unless i ACTUALLY grab something :c
    Spoiler!

Pssst, mag actions still proc banish arrow.

Sword buffs are nice, especially after the absolute failure of Hu/Fi in solo endless quest, a class marketed as strong in solo play. The only problem is that as it is Sword PAs are mechanically inferior in comparison to other PAs from other classes doing the same thing. I have the feelings those power only buffs will just amount to making Hunter into "at least it's not Techer" class instead of dropping it somewhere in the middle of power level rankings.

Nova Strike can be compared to Brightness End and Kanran. Both BE and Kanran have the advantage of being way shorter PAs that allow you to keep your mobility. Nova in comparison is also uncancellable for a long time after you let go of charge, no movement either. BE also has better AoE for being something more like a cone rather than requiring you to get in the middle of many damage sources to make full use of it. Kanran I think was also bigger. In fact Nova Strike is such a shit PA that it just becomes a death trap for anyone not running safety build more than anything else you can do on Sword. You also don't really get many more choices besides Rising Edge's lacking AoE and Ride Slasher that will only do at most half the noted damage if you're planning to use it to mob. I want to put Over End here but at this point everything goes just too fast to use it.

Sword has ring Sonic Arrow as a counter ability similar to Katana and Hero step. One problem with it is that Sonic Arrow generally lacks in AoE compared to both. SA just sucks as a PA even after some minor buffs. There is also Ignite Parrying which is harder to compare. Hero step counter has somewhat similar DPS but the problem is that Hero step counter is easier to use. Ignite Parrying unlike the other parry counters have to be JA'd and TAJA'd for maximum DPS, that means you can't interrupt PAs with it for easy opportunistic damage and if the enemy misses you or gets interrupted in the middle of his attack you have to cancel it and do something more useful. It also has smaller window than Hero step. There is also the thing again with Ignite Parrying taking its sweet time to unleash that damage in a somewhat disappointing AoE making it unusable in many situations.

All in all Sword will still be why even bother tier weapon unless the damage changes put the class raw DPS at least in situational parrying everything perfectly setting above a casual Gunner doing casual things with life leech not even letting it die. With how Sega seems to just drop Hunter into all rounder category, which can be pretty much translated as good for nothing waste of space, I doubt they will ever let any Hunter weapon be the best at anything.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

the problem here is that what pscrew seems to consider "strong for solo play" is that it's very durable, and just guarding is a lot easier than some of the other evasive actions. you can clear content easier, if given enough time to, but that's not what endless quest is all about

anyway im kinda getting more and more disappointed about the fact they're sweeping buster quests under the rug instead of making an attempt to fix them, or at least telling us they are considering how to fix them based on feedback. The initial issue was that they made the quest tailored to Hero's abilities, with the strange assumption that the majority of the playerbase would be totally OK with the idea of dumping the classes they have focused on learning and gearing for five years, for the single advanced class. While since then, they have made a lot of changes that would theoretically help the other classes keep up with hero on the buster fields, they seem to have developed a total aversion to the mode itself. one of the biggest signs of this was the buster quest RDR boost from the new year's event web panel thing; I was looking forward to farming up some buster medals and more units with Sentence abilities, and then they decided to bring back the new year's LQs with a bigger boost than the one for buster quests!

the quests themselves needed more variety in the geography, the initial ones they released were extremely bland. they had us go to some cooler looking locations for some of the story quests ever since chapter 4, so what's kept those from at least giving us a better change of scenery? I can understand the idea that they don't want to accidentally make a map that's "too optimal" or "not optimal enough" otherwise people would simply abandon the quest because it wouldnt be worthwhile to run, but that's something they gotta design for.

the worst thing about all of this is that the framework they had started to make for buster quests was really really good! a system that would encourage endgame folk to go back and lend a hand to people still working their way up through the buster grades, all while earning a currency for getting cosmetics or special items to help with adding special abilities to their weapons and units is a really really good idea; but they simply didn't go far enough with it. devil castles dropping units with Sentence abilities; alongside the medal shop's Sentence Receptor unit as a step in the right direction on that end. What they really dropped the ball on was the fact that you shoot up through grade 1 and 2 so fast, and when you reach Main Match Advance, you can't do Free Quests to help out the people still clawing their way through regular grade 3, so they managed to still create a limbo for people who aren't totally on top of content right as it comes out.
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jul 11, 2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    the problem here is that what pscrew seems to consider "strong for solo play" is that it's very durable, and just guarding is a lot easier than some of the other evasive actions. you can clear content easier, if given enough time to, but that's not what endless quest is all about
    Which isn't even completely true. Sword can only properly defend during bossing, Partisan's evasion options are greatly limited by volg combos' nature, and WL just facetanks everything hoping Automate will outlast whatever you're fighting.
    I find it so ironic that tons of classes got insane power buffs while they were already strong, but the class least susceptible to become broken even with massive power boosts is only getting one weapon buffed. I mean HU has tons of weapon-based limitations due to speed, movement and IP reliance (Sword) PP ( Partisan) and overreliance on grab mechanics to deal any amount of relevant damage (WL) but it never got anything special aside from the sweeping early EP5 buffs.

To add insult to injury, unless you do a super tank build and forsake damage in the process, other melee classes can be more tanky than HU, best example being BR/HU which can potentially have access to Automate, J reversal Cover and flash Guard/MH on top of Katana Counter, KC Escape, Invul on Endo 0 and Guren, and super armor on most PAs....and it deals a lot, lot more damage than HU, with better mobility and cancel options on top. But oh well no amount of complaints on a forum could solve the issue anyway xD

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Once we're out of this whole event hullabaloo and the latest extension to the buster medal shop expiration date draws near in September, if they don't got anything lined up for them... what would you call the opposite of doubling down? Doubling back? Whiplash? whatever it is, that's what seems like they're doing here. a bunch of people made some angry internet comments, and now they are just falling back on their tired old Flavor of the Month White Beast S2 schemes

the only other excuse I can see is that they decided to cancel their plans at the time (I would have expected to see more events like Skull Rush happening between ARKS Rally Boosts, among other things), but they couldn't actually make New Content without corporate approval or something. There's a real stench of "we had to cancel plans, but we had to do something to hold people over until we can start doing the new plans" going on; I am not going to count Omega Loser though, that kinda seemed like part of the plan all along, though perhaps there could have been more to him than just the paint job and handful of new attacks.
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jul 11, 2018 at 04:24 PM.