Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

There better be a new difficulty once level 90 hits, because XH level requirement has inconsistent since ep4... First it was 70+, then 75+, then 75/75+...

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlob View Post
    There better be a new difficulty once level 90 hits, because XH level requirement has inconsistent since ep4... First it was 70+, then 75+, then 75/75+...
    Random tangential thought that this brought to my mind: I get that they wanted to go with Normal, Hard, and Very Hard for the nostalgia of the original PSO after the C, B, A, S, S2, etc from PSU, but I don't understand why they never just went with some numeric system to tell the difficulty, since having to find new adjectives or adding even more "S"s to describe the difficulty level is just dumb.
    They could have gone with something like star levels to mirror what we already have with weapons, and then with each difficulty increase they just need to add an extra star to describe how difficult it is, and you wouldn't even need a graphical representation of all the stars in a line, just something like "☆1," "☆5," etc.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 23, 2018 at 07:08 PM.

I don't think we'll see a new difficulty ever again. if Phantasy star Nova is any indication they're gonna stretch XH difficulty until 15* weapons come out and the game support starts running dry.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I don't think we'll see a new difficulty ever again. if Phantasy star Nova is any indication they're gonna stretch XH difficulty until 15* weapons come out and the game support starts running dry.
    double XXH except the only thing that changes is the enemies level and drop chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    ...since having to find new adjectives or adding even more "S"s to describe the difficulty level is just dumb.
    I can think 2 more difficulty levels that wouldn't mess with our current shorthand writing: Ultra Hard (UH) and Absolute Hard (AH). Some games use the term Nightmare for their highest difficulty too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    double XXH except the only thing that changes is the enemies level and drop chart.
    Well, it's not like N -> H -> VH was anything different. SH just made enemies move at double their speed, and XH was again just a level buff on enemies.

theres a chance the final difficulty will be ultimate like pso1.. ultimate quests dont really count since they are technically xh themselves and it would make a bit of sense to have that as the final difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Well, it's not like N -> H -> VH was anything different. SH just made enemies move at double their speed, and XH was again just a level buff on enemies.
    no i know, i mean, they can double their speed again, more atk/hp, combo's, reskins as usual (if we're lucky new models/enemies all together)= still be XH lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    no i know, i mean, they can double their speed again, more atk/hp, combo's, reskins as usual (if we're lucky new models/enemies all together)= still be XH lol
    Looking at it from another point of view, the only reason we do Free Fields (not counting EF) and ARKS Quests is because they are Daily Featured. They are not there to progress our character equipment-wise, but to allow lower level players to catch up to the level caps. For the more hardcore folk there exist lvl80 XQs, rank 50 AQs, Endless, EQ rematches, UQ.

For me the main problem is that players have been given so much power creep that working with others is sort of counter-intuitive. By that I mean that in pretty much 100% of the game you only care what you do, and not what others do; EQs are realistically the Player and 11 NPCs who have good dps (and who may say "Thank you for party" at the end). Maybe Sega could experiment with some new challenges where working together with other is the key to success, and not mindlessly spamming attacks. The Capture ECs are one, but the reward from doing it correctly is too small to even bother (not to mention that the boss dies before the Capture message appears)

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I think they're just phrasing it in a way to not lose any face.

Hero and DB are not the issue of EP5. Hero is by far the best designed class so far and DB can can be ignored (in fact thats what people do in Solo EQ runs).

The problem is that Hero was so well designed that the cracks in our regular classes started to look more like rifts. It also didn't help that BQ and Crimson Dragon were designed around Hero's strengths (high mobbing power and mobility coupled with being able to use all 3 Attack types depending on Dragon Body part resistance and Hero counter everything) and a lot regular classes simply couldn't keep up with that.

Unless Google translate bamboozels me one of the two gentlemen said that by the time they release level cap 90 they want all classes to be pretty much on an even playing field so gotta wait and see what the level 90 Skills gonna be like.
    I'm one of the only people that think that Hero is an okay design, but I definitely wouldn't call it great. A class/character being too good is ALWAYS harmful, versatility should always come at a price, and SEGA has trouble defining that price. Hero boost being the only damage conditional is err and oversimplifies the class to a "I do whatever I want unless I get hit, in which case I become pathetic".

Gear Management is supposed to be the more involved part, but it falls on its head due to obscure and unexplained mechanics (game doesn't even mention Gear Gain decay for overrusing some actions is a thing) and the vast discrepancies between the weapons (as in we got one actual weapon, one gear slave with some situational applications, and a secondary bad gear slave only used as a PP battery, even when heads are present).

The idea of 4 PA is good, but so many of them are just bad or lack imagination (Moment Trick and Second Edge don't have any good practical use aside from weapon switch, Final Storm is straight useless. Jet Wheel and Wise Hound can only justify their existence because of Gear, which I find kind of shallow)

Now don't get me wrong, Hero is definitely an improvement and a step in the right direction, and it has a lot less issues than a lot of some old classes, but there are things it did wrong, and hopefully some of them will be fixed while some other will be minded for the next advanced class
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jul 25, 2018 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I can think 2 more difficulty levels that wouldn't mess with our current shorthand writing: Ultra Hard (UH) and Absolute Hard (AH). Some games use the term Nightmare for their highest difficulty too.

My team believes it's going to be called "Super Normal".
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey