Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

new eq is fun but it feels really unfufilling and unrewarding.

only running it because the gs is a PSO1 weapon and i love anything PSO1.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Anyone got RIP music for the tank phase?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKsNeuCzvvA
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

I think I found what is wrong (for me at least) with DB part. First I play tier 5 so maybe it have to do partly with it . The area have no depth feeling (some missing effects/shaders maybe) so dodging correctly is very random to me. Second I have the bad impression attacks and voice are kinda out of synch and 3rd the 2 aforementioned coupled with no sense of speed makes it terrible to run.

Edit: I have to had the fact that disabled lock because Dame Apprentice move is kinda infuriating too and THIS maybe have something to do with tier 5 vs tier 6 because I believe tier 6 have a higher draw distance...
    Last edited by Masu; Jul 27, 2018 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I didn't realize people hate AIS this strongly either. That's why I said it's AIS again.
    I think AIS are fun and I remember a bunch of people wanting AIS in normal maps (which would be dumb, but you get the point). Something like DB is a thing I've wanted for a while in PSO2 because I like temporary super modes in games like this.
    The thing about super modes that makes them exciting is raised stakes. This is why I find using AIS in TD3/4 appealing - the temporary power boost you are given puts on you a heavy burden of responsibility, because you're meant to counteract forces that other players can't (or, rather, aren't supposed to) deal with. When you're riding AIS in those missions, all of your actions gain significantly more severe consequences; losing AIS or wasting a laser always significantly changes general dynamic of the quest for everyone involved.

Buster Quests, for example, don't have those occasional moments when suddenly 3 bosses and 6 enemy towers from different corners of the map decide to attack a single tower. Instead, a wave after wave they just send swarms of enemies that deal chip damage to towers if they ever happen to get close. The difference between using and not using DB at certain moments in BQ is a small numerical difference in time and/or score when the quest is over. Even if you are somehow close to losing or lost in BQ, the reason for that is lack of DPS in general and not because you made mistakes at critical moments, thus using super modes doesn't feel impactful.

Let's also add the fact that AIS and DBs are just nowhere near as deep in terms of mechanics as our actual classes (unless you take meme cases like S-Roll Arts spam into account), so there's hardly any ways to optimize your playstyle (which is something you can always do in your regular form, even without high stakes. This is why PSO2 is/was so engaging despite being an easy game overall). So, when there's no actual pressure to do better (AIS/DB-only fights being the epitome of that), using them becomes infinitely less engaging. You don't really need to learn boss strategies and watch out for incoming damage when enemies like Anga at the end of Amduscia UQ (even during 100% ATK boost) can't even outdamage your heals in Elder form while you're holding down Infinity Smash (or w/e that move is called) for 90% of the uptime (and you're doing it that way because it's the best thing you can do).

Had my first failed run today. Threw a look into what my teammates looked like.
    A Te/Fo using +30 EPD : ok_hand :
    Gotta love expert Matching

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    (unless you take meme cases like S-Roll Arts spam into account)
    This is unrelated, but since I've been a Gu main since essentially EP3, I wanted to say that, while yes, I agree S-Roll Arts is stupid, it doesn't take away from the core intricacies of Gunner class (Chain management/uptime, knowledge of bossing, situational awareness of when to be aerial vs. when you can be closer to the ground, et cetera). All of the meta players who run Endless have picked up Gunner (as referenced by the player stats) but in general Gunner is still one of the least played classes probably due to it's actual playstyle and perceived awkwardness. Obviously, S-Roll Arts takes GU mobbing (which sucked before) and makes it easily one of the best mobbing classes in the game in addition to giving them a way to build Chain while doing damage, but it's not like you can just take any player, slap them on Gunner and suddenly they're doing all of the damage in the MPA. Every random Gunner I encounter is usually not very strong.

On that matter, general MPA strength lately has been on a downturn which I'm not sure if you can attribute to some of the stronger players either quitting, being on hiatus, or doing content with their own group of friends or to the fact that people are using MPA EQs for leveling (e.g. Mother/Deus) since they give good EXP and have no penalty for poor performance or death.

The amount of awkward class combos I've seen (TeFo, FoSu, HuWhateverTheirMainActuallyIs) in addition to players who have low contributions (e.g. Fighters who are getting scraped every other minute) makes it more annoying to try to run this stuff.

Disclaimer: I know PSO2 is casual; this is just observation.

Loser flying so sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Sega did say in their interview that HR and DB were the main problems basically for everything in Ep5
    Good. Maybe next time, they will not do whack shit, and just stick to normal phantasy star content. This quest is the most 90s pure PS style quest I've done in this game since it started and it's got my full props to it. However, I hate using DB, moreso because it's a nerf to my damage, and I'm not a fan of transformations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    This is unrelated, but since I've been a Gu main since essentially EP3, I wanted to say that, while yes, I agree S-Roll Arts is stupid, it doesn't take away from the core intricacies of Gunner class (Chain management/uptime, knowledge of bossing, situational awareness of when to be aerial vs. when you can be closer to the ground, et cetera).
    It does take away having to string your PAs together appropriately (which is very much a core part of the entire game) for the entire time when Chain isn't applicable. Even mobbing-wise Gunner has always had a fairly diverse selection of PAs, even if they were weak. Just because it's not completely braindead doesn't mean it's magnitudes less engaging than it used to be.
    in general Gunner is still one of the least played classes probably due to it's actual playstyle and perceived awkwardness.
    Historically Gunner has always been pretty awkward in a lot of ways. A lot of its issues have been addressed, but some still remain. Hitbox dissonance is still a thing, non-melee AOE moves still often love to hit shit that you aren't actually aiming for (at least S-Roll Arts can actually sustain chain on spots that IF-0/SatAim prefer, trying to sustain chain on those with basic attacks used to be hell). TPS aiming with S-Roll is still fundamentally broken; not only S-Roll awkwardly slows down your aim, your aim also affects the direction in which S-Roll moves. TPS camera locking is a problem with ranged moves in PSO2 in general, but on Gunner it's especially apparent given how often you need to adjust your aim in the process of movement.
    Every random Gunner I encounter is usually not very strong.
    Makes sense, even with all the new safety nets Chain is still the biggest high-risk/high-reward mechanic in the game, and with Chain's cooldown being as low as its is and depending on your performance Gunner is more reliant on it than it's ever been.
    On that matter, general MPA strength lately has been on a downturn which I'm not sure if you can attribute to some of the stronger players either quitting, being on hiatus, or doing content with their own group of friends or to the fact that people are using MPA EQs for leveling...
    Or the fact that Expert matching is pretty much no longer a thing, because you can get carried by your party mates through the required quest.

Not sure what's been going on on my end but I've only been able to complete the quest once.

Every other time so far has caused PSO2 to crash when mobs are spawning in the caves segment, its completely random.