Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylar View Post
    Not sure what's been going on on my end but I've only been able to complete the quest once.

Every other time so far has caused PSO2 to crash when mobs are spawning in the caves segment, its completely random.
    Do a check for Old/Missing files. Then once it's done, defragment your hard drive. You may want to perform a thorough disk scan before all that to ensure your actual hard drive is ok (chkdsk [drive] /v /r /x)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    Good. Maybe next time, they will not do whack shit, and just stick to normal phantasy star content. This quest is the most 90s pure PS style quest I've done in this game since it started and it's got my full props to it. However, I hate using DB, moreso because it's a nerf to my damage, and I'm not a fan of transformations.
    i dont think what they did was wrong more or less some more testing should have been done maybe? probably could have prevented this entire balance issue (or minimized the dmg). as for Dark Blast, while I do miss Beast race, I like having it there as a reminder of what could have been or what IS here and been represented in another way (PSU's initial 4 Beast Mode's but in Falz forms)

also this Raid is getting annoying that I've only had 2 13*'s drop so far and thats doing multi ship runs, I just want SSA's man

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i dont think what they did was wrong more or less some more testing should have been done maybe? probably could have prevented this entire balance issue (or minimized the dmg).
    The issue was more that Hero dropped, community outrage ensued and they went on stream and said Hero was working as intended and they were not going to nerf it and initially provided no follow up to a single statement of "we have some class balance planned". They didn't seem to think anything was wrong with the situation at all. Honestly, I don't think they even grasped how bad the disparity between Hero and the other classes was until the negative feedback started overflowing and people started jumping ship. They basically had to stop everything and work on large and sweeping balance changes for 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    The issue was more that Hero dropped, community outrage ensued and they went on stream and said Hero was working as intended and they were not going to nerf it and initially provided no follow up to a single statement of "we have some class balance planned". They didn't seem to think anything was wrong with the situation at all. Honestly, I don't think they even grasped how bad the disparity between Hero and the other classes was until the negative feedback started overflowing and people started jumping ship. They basically had to stop everything and work on large and sweeping balance changes for 3-4 months.
    I second this. Hr didn't ruin the game as much as SEGA's handling of the whole situation was sloppy. In the end, Hr upped the quality standard of classes, and almost every class is way better than they ever been. Ra can more than stand on its own, Hu is more than just everyone's subclass, Fi just keeps excelling at its niche, Fo has gradually become more accessible and fluid than ever, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they even grasped how bad the disparity between Hero and the other classes was until the negative feedback started overflowing and people started jumping ship.
    I think they did, and it was intentional. What they didn't seem to anticipate was everyone hating the idea of the game being centered around one class for an entire episode. They were upping the ante but leaving existing classes (and by extension playstyles) behind for it. Had they released Hr with 2 or 3 other "advanced" classes with a wider variety of playstyles the backlash probably wouldn't have been as bad (it definitely would still be there though).

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    In the end, Hr upped the quality standard of classes, and almost every class is way better than they ever been. Ra can more than stand on its own, Hu is more than just everyone's subclass, Fi just keeps excelling at its niche, Fo has gradually become more accessible and fluid than ever, and so on.
    This is basically the kind of stuff I mean when I say Hr prompting them to buff the other classes is a good thing.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 27, 2018 at 06:58 PM.

I agree. I'd definitely had nothing against the early EP5 situation and idea of dropping regular classes for advanced ones if Sega released 3 advanced classes using a variety of weapons and new playstyles. But by the looks of it we might consider ourselves lucky if we even get a 3rd advanced class before sega stops supporting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I agree. I'd definitely had nothing against the early EP5 situation and idea of dropping regular classes for advanced ones if Sega released 3 advanced classes using a variety of weapons and new playstyles. But by the looks of it we might consider ourselves lucky if we even get a 3rd advanced class before sega stops supporting the game.
    Well they originally said they're planning on releasing a new class per episode, so we were probably never going to get another one during episode 5 anyway. I don't think they completely scrapped the ideas, they're just going to avoid trying to make them outclass everything else.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff they added to classes, Fo in particular, came from ideas for future adv classes though.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 27, 2018 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Well they originally said they're planning on releasing a new class per episode, so we were probably never going to get another one during episode 5 anyway. I don't think they completely scrapped the ideas, they're just going to avoid trying to make them outclass everything else.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff they added to classes, Fo in particular, came from ideas for future adv classes though.
    Yeah but advanced classes were supposed to be something we move towards and abandon regular classes. Sega hates fixing things and 5 years of them trying fix issues through band aids and stacking stuff on top of each other rather than proper overhauls is proof enough of this. If they wanted the player base to be ok with switching to Advanced classes then Hero by itself wasn't enough. They had to drop one of their rules and obviously they chose to start fixing regular classes instead of rushing new advanced classes.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Yeah but advanced classes were supposed to be something we move towards and abandon regular classes. Sega hates fixing things and 5 years of them trying fix issues through band aids and stacking stuff on top of each other rather than proper overhauls is proof enough of this. If they wanted the player base to be ok with switching to Advanced classes then Hero by itself wasn't enough. They had to drop one of their rules and obviously they chose to start fixing regular classes instead of rushing new advanced classes.
    I'm not absolutely sure about that, I think I remember them saying in one interview that they intended Hero to be the best...similar or slightly above Fighter. Which means a soft shift towards advanced, not the hard "be Hero or die" approach. They didn't plan to nerf it only because they didn't even realize what they actually did in the first place, then got hit by the backlash and started to realize they miiight have overtuned the class, which wouldn't even surprise me tbh. Even at start of EP5, damage numbers weren't completely crushing other classes' number, but they failed to realize how everything not damage was actually important, which is why the very first bandaid was a damage-related one, allowing old classes to pull out bigger number to somehow compensate their shortcomings in...every other aspect.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jul 28, 2018 at 01:36 AM.

Unfortunately already getting bored of the tank portion because it's pretty much impossible to fail if there's 1 person in the party that knows the dangerous parts when the enemies spawn behind/to the sides. A bit of randomness would have gone a long way.