Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I watched some MHW feedbacks on youtube... Poor fighting mechanics, only boring grinding orders, no leveling except weapons... well I think it's a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Poor fighting mechanics
    I can get people not liking MH's core gameplay loop being "fight the monsters", but I'd really like you to elaborate on that.

i won't judge the game i haven't played yet. but maintaining something like adding extra frames to everything to the level making it clunky and overeacted in 2018 is the most thing i'm not impressed in it. they can excite their die-hard fans by maintaining those things (uh original, uh unique), but not ones who were not interested in it in the first place or newcomers. i'm happy that sega has done something better than that with pso2. i still remember the first days in pso2 when noob party of 4 got wiped out by a caterdran because sword was too fuckign slow. but look at pso2 now, all classes are flying over the maps now. some ppl won't notice it because the change was slow, but you should appreciate that they didn't mind changing their game and actually did something well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3chi View Post
    i won't judge the game i haven't played yet. but maintaining something like adding extra frames to everything to the level making it clunky and overeacted in 2018 is the most thing i'm not impressed in it. they can excite their die-hard fans by maintaining those things (uh original, uh unique), but not ones who were not interested in it in the first place or newcomers. i'm happy that sega has done something better than that with pso2. i still remember the first days in pso2 when noob party of 4 got wiped out by a caterdran because sword was too fuckign slow. but look at pso2 now, all classes are flying over the maps now. some ppl won't notice it because the change was slow, but you should appreciate that they didn't mind changing their game and actually did something well.
    MH is built around that though. Learning to adjust to your weapons is a big part of the game. It's fine if you don't like it because it's slower, but it's not outdated because of it.

Also PSO2 has hitstop to, even on Hr. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3chi View Post
    To each their own, but classes being able to fly around the map with no worries is not exactly clap-deserving mechanic either. PSO2 current design suffers from the syndrome of "If it doesn't instakill you, you can let it hit you forever" to exaggerate a bit. Having slow actions meant that the players had to take them into account to avoid any potential incoming damage, which adds a bit of strategy in positioning, and at the same time allowed developers to balance that incoming damage to something that just nudges your HP bar, not outright deplete it. Sure the game feels more fluid now and we feel more in control of our characters, but the exchange is that we now have gameplay that relies exclusively on instakills to challenge players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    but the exchange is that we now have gameplay that relies exclusively on instakills to challenge players.
    That's honestly been the case for a while simply because resources are so plentiful. Even in the early days most of my deaths were being oneshot or blindsided.

I watched some MHW feedbacks on youtube... Poor fighting mechanics, only boring grinding orders, no leveling except weapons... well I think it's a piece of shit.
    have you even played the game? because the only thing i can agree on in this game is that its super casualized in a sense that hunting solo is faster than farming in groups because of the poor scaling in this game. I would take a 5min fight over one that would take 15-20mins along with people carting over and over.

I need to know if youre just sh**posting or not man lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    have you even played the game?
    I don't play a thing besides PSO2 due to lack of free time and find useless to invest efforts in offline games.
    I just watch reviews and gameplay videos of various games catched my eye, but if I was - there are much things better to play than THIS in 2018. MHW is SUPER primitive and boring IMHO.

PS: I almost forgot the main point - it's cost. I definitely will not spend money on the game with a such quality.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Jul 30, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

I don't play a thing besides PSO2 due to lack of free time and find useless to invest efforts in offline games.
    I just watch reviews and gameplay videos of various games catched my eye, but if I was - there are much things better to play than THIS in 2018. MHW is SUPER primitive and boring IMHO.

PS: I almost forgot the main point - it's cost. I definitely will not spend money on the game with a such quality.
    Well if actually had played the game you'd know how foolish you sound. Monster Hunter games are mechanically tight games where each fight is a boss fight. It doesn't feature a leveling system but that only gets in the way of enjoying the game and everyone knows that which is why you won't find any hunting games with a experience bar. Your character grows stronger depending on the gear you crafted from the remains of the enemies. to access higher difficulties you need better gear and so on. Every frame of these games count. You can pull of some incredible stunts if you are an expert in the weapon of your choice. I remember back in EP2 people were begging Sega to take notes from Monster Hunter because back then there was no Limit break and monster hunter already had self status inflicting items. Traps and Bombs were always useful in these games and it only took Sega till recently with the level 85 cap to make Rangers give a shit about those. Monster Hunter games are some of the best games you can get on any system they're available on. They're incredibly fun to play both solo and with a multiplayer group. Japan isn't insane about the series for no reason.

Casual reminder that part of PSO2's initial design process was actually consulting with the Monster Hunter development team after the PSP series for tips on how to design PSO2 and make it more engaging as an action game.