Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It doesn't help with normal affixes, and it certainly doesn't help with units.
    I meant that since Sega have announced up to S6 abilities, the go-to way for future weapons (possibly in 2019 with Episode 6) would be to have S1 through S6, and Grace+Soul. Or even outright S1 through S8 at an even more distant point.

Units also do not currently share the -NT weapon treatment for grinding. For all we know, Sega may be still testing the waters internally, and have -NT units too once 13* are implemented live. We may have S abilities on units too then. That's all hypothetical of course, and I make this assumption on the fact that RNG seems to be "weakened" with all those high Ability +% items, NT replacing OT, S abilities and CFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    well upslotting is easier (kind of), less stuff to drop, dmg is always there. RNG comes in with whether or not the 13*'s drop with S1-3 abilities on it. i mean you can buy the abilities from shop (even though a lot of it is expensive right now) but i mean at least we know SSA's kinda destroyed a lot of the 13* series and some of the 14*'s series
    And here I show how much of a noob I am. I didn't know we can buy S abilities from shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    And here I show how much of a noob I am. I didn't know we can buy S abilities from shop.
    In case you wondered why almost every EQ revival drops a Val Gunslash. That's why.
    Also you can buy Demon weapons off the shop so 1/3rd of Lumiere requirements are a freebie and building a Anti-Dragon rematch weapon takes like 2 minutes.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

when did they say anything about s6? or even s5? about all I heard was that Atra is going to be the only S4 weapons for at least the rest of the episode. The game files show icons for all the way up to S8, but PSCrew has to demonstrate to us that they are actually going to follow through with this system, and not just toss it to the side later (hey remember when collection files were the way to get the gear you wanted? and not untradable 100% RNG drops? or glacially slow rock collection? or some kind of hellspawn of two types of RNG-only drops with a side of rock collection?) I mean val weapons are ok in my book because even though they are RNG drop only, you can at least trade those, so if you get the thing your buddy could use, you could hook each other up

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    when did they say anything about s6? or even s5? about all I heard was that Atra is going to be the only S4 weapons for at least the rest of the episode. The game files show icons for all the way up to S8, but PSCrew has to demonstrate to us that they are actually going to follow through with this system, and not just toss it to the side later (hey remember when collection files were the way to get the gear you wanted? and not untradable 100% RNG drops? or glacially slow rock collection? or some kind of hellspawn of two types of RNG-only drops with a side of rock collection?) I mean val weapons are ok in my book because even though they are RNG drop only, you can at least trade those, so if you get the thing your buddy could use, you could hook each other up
    I dont think they said about S5-8 yet and yes they said Atra is going to be the only series with S1-4 on them so we'll have to wait until Ep6 or if backward tread on this statement and that last raid of the Ep offers 1-4 too idk.

all this whining about droppable gear vs Collection Files, I mean you serious think theyre going to out put the newest 14*'s with CF's? I mean come on, even if Val drops became CF's I gurantee you they will or wont have nothing more than ok-ish SSA's on them and of course the better ones being drop only.

remember, every person in game has Atra available to them from the start, all it takes is a +35, a Title material with some crafting items and thats it, you're pretty set for awhile until you hit the real grind or rather until something good drops for you to fill in your other weps

all this whining about droppable gear vs Collection Files, I mean you serious think theyre going to out put the newest 14*'s with CF's? I mean come on, even if Val drops became CF's I gurantee you they will or wont have nothing more than ok-ish SSA's on them and of course the better ones being drop only.

remember, every person in game has Atra available to them from the start, all it takes is a +35, a Title material with some crafting items and thats it, you're pretty set for awhile until you hit the real grind or rather until something good drops for you to fill in your other weps
    I mean it kinda sucks when you actually play a class seriously and the only progression you can make it based on RNG and not of any effort of your own. Atra was a great step to correct this but you can only have one from Title and Time Stone from Dragon rematch is probably the rarest drop from him. Gunner is my main and that's where my Atra is, but I also play Fighter and I'd love Apprentice TDags but everyone else I know has gotten them and I haven't. Feels good to know the only thing I can do is mash the LQ and pray.

Sure, at the end of EP4, things like Lavis and EPD were drop only but you also had Zen/Qlif progression from CF and common drops from Deus/Gracia, so you could actually make progress towards a goal instead of throwing your arms up and saying "welp I hope I get lucky".

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    I mean it kinda sucks when you actually play a class seriously and the only progression you can make it based on RNG and not of any effort of your own. Atra was a great step to correct this but you can only have one from Title and Time Stone from Dragon rematch is probably the rarest drop from him. Gunner is my main and that's where my Atra is, but I also play Fighter and I'd love Apprentice TDags but everyone else I know has gotten them and I haven't. Feels good to know the only thing I can do is mash the LQ and pray.

Sure, at the end of EP4, things like Lavis and EPD were drop only but you also had Zen/Qlif progression from CF and common drops from Deus/Gracia, so you could actually make progress towards a goal instead of throwing your arms up and saying "welp I hope I get lucky".
    there are people to this day who are doing end game content with old 13*'s (like quilph) so realistically you dont need these 14*'s to be good but yes min/max etc complain about drop only items all you want, just remember the moment you get everything you want given to you (even by CF's), you lose interest in the game and players stop dropping off because theres nothing to work or look towards in terms of gear. You're never going to get the toppest of gear by them just handing it to you (and i say this loosely right now because Atra), drop only will almost always be the go to gear to get and hunt for for min/max damage.

all i can say is, start grinding Enchanted Forest during boost week thats in roughly 2 weeks, Jutus and Year 1 14*'s will be dropping and those will be your go to weapons to get despite being drop only. Obviously aim for Lumiere if RNGesus is kind to you and drops a +34 or 2 of the Jutus weapons you need since Lumiere is getting buffed down the line

you ALSO have Austere NT to look forward which inevitably will be 14* with S1-3 coming down the line too, what methods of getting Austere NT aside Conversion and I assume drops idk, I cant say because I'm not the Dev's

also don't bother with App TD's, better stuff out like I said, Lumiere but if you want them, go for them then

It's the merit and demerit of the game that you don't need the best gear to clear everything. You don't even need gear remotely close to the best. The problem is, by admission of the devs as well, tons of people play this game for time attack and that's min-maxing. If you're gated from a damage tier from a drop only weapon, that's pretty ggs. A lot of people don't like mindless farming and yes, I know, this is how PSO2 operates now, but a lot of people don't feel it's rewarding when you mash for hours and get nothing. Even a lot of my Japanese friends say the JP community of long-time players feel similarly.

Also I'm amused that you'd suggest to go after Lumi TDs as opposed to App TDs as they're gated by RNG as well.

so realistically you dont need these 14*'s to be good
    as a dedicated Te who understands best just how hopelessly dependent Techers are on Lavis just to catch up to the current meta, I would like to strongly disagree.

Then again, it's raining Conqueror's Crest nowadays, so what am I even complaining about.

just remember the moment you get everything you want given to you (even by CF's), you lose interest in the game
    That's just the sign of a game that isn't fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    That's just the sign of a game that isn't fun to play.
    That's more like people can't get their goals straight, while current hunt gear is bad (please I want stone progression system again like Guren/Shien did), gear should always be chased with an idea in mind (I want to reach x point/best time in solo XQ/Endless/Solo PD or clear a raid solo or w-e) and not the collectionist mindset a.k.a I just want a weapon to say I got it. Incidentally, getting the best gear for one or two of my classes never prevented me from enjoying most quests, so again that's up to the player.

I do agree more exchange/stone systems should be introduced for *14 (and I mean shops that don't require to drop a specific weapon, but have said weapon exchangeable as well). Funny how current gear situation calls for EP3 rollback in terms of gear accessibility.