Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I personally think it's more related on license issues. I mean they did release PSO2 on southeast asia. Tanslation was made in English, so English version shouldn't be much of an issue. However, none of the collabs made it there, where most often the collabs are used to promote local contents for Japan.

The other might be (unlikely) the interest is low, or social-related issue (*cough* DOA xtreme venus vacation *cough*).

Speaking of AC scratch, there are many mobile games using the very mobile gacha we always know available globally, so I don't think that might be the issue.

If I say they just wanna make it easy to have it in Japan, not so sure either, cause they let it licensed to the southeast asia, though it's not managed by SEGA. Maybe there were no publishers in the US that are willing to be with SEGA terms as much as the publishers who did on the southeast asia? Where SEGA decided not to take care of the game by themselves outside of Japan? No idea either.

Well of all these assumptions, the fact about why they still don't wanna bring that US remains a mystery.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jul 30, 2018 at 08:38 PM.

Mystery or not, the fact that bringing it to the west at this point is a waste of resource.
    test

Licensed stuff can easily be removed, and in the end, they can "try" to make a deal for some of that content if they think it's worth, just imagine a "worldwide" server was released next year, you can have 4 years of content just grabbing everything that's not licensed from the Japanese game, and stuffing 10 years of updates (actual content, not cosmetics) in 4y would be something of an advantage for that hypothetical server lol

I wouldn't be willing to start over or lose my anime collabs. I've pumped 400 dollars into my JP account. Plus as an American... I don't want to go back to playing with strictly Westerners. I had PSP2 and they ruined it by being lazy, hacking, pricks. Nvm all the cringe.
    Americans are selfish on online games and generally make the experience worse. The Westerners that have gotten onto the server are mostly of a similar mindset to Japanese players, stick together, cooperate, help each other.

If this was an NA server someone with 200 atk affixes on everything would be scoffing at my mere 70-115 affixes and saying I should never join endgame content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesheenku View Post
    I wouldn't be willing to start over or lose my anime collabs. I've pumped 400 dollars into my JP account. Plus as an American... I don't want to go back to playing with strictly Westerners. I had PSP2 and they ruined it by being lazy, hacking, pricks. Nvm all the cringe.
    Americans are selfish on online games and generally make the experience worse. The Westerners that have gotten onto the server are mostly of a similar mindset to Japanese players, stick together, cooperate, help each other.

If this was an NA server someone with 200 atk affixes on everything would be scoffing at my mere 70-115 affixes and saying I should never join endgame content.
    i cant tell if youre joking or not. you couldnt be more wrong in so many ways my friendo

Depending on which ship i guess.

Ship10 is the lenient ship where both jp and eng dont mind with each other much(unless you're noisy as fuck)
    Ship2 is the English Majority Ship
    Ship1 is the JP Proship
    Ship4 is the 2chan ship.

Then again this is just based on my observation of what people say so its not 100% accurate.
    test

Only $400, you're not a big scratcher are you?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Only $400, you're not a big scratcher are you?
    When that's half your paycheck it's relatively big lol. I spent that in one day not across several days.

Had I a better job... well. I spent to the absolute foolish limits of what I could afford.

I may be getting a higher paying position soon, about 15 an hour. I'm not spending much on bills so if that happens... well I won't have to worry about any meseta grinding.

When that's half your paycheck it's relatively big lol. I spent that in one day not across several days.

Had I a better job... well. I spent to the absolute foolish limits of what I could afford.

I may be getting a higher paying position soon, about 15 an hour. I'm not spending much on bills so if that happens... well I won't have to worry about any meseta grinding.
    he was being sarcastic with you and your view on the community is a bit skewed consider a good chunk of us who have still been here since the day 1 (or alpha/beta) days offer a better insight on how the English (and JP) community has evolved over the years.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

even though you think a lot of us are playing now, there's at least 10-100x more people, maybe even 1000x, that would at least try it out if they saw it pop up on steam or something in english/localized

from what I could tell from the format of the text data extracted to make the patches, the data cyberkitsune dug up while making the proxy server program, and one other thing I'll mention in a bit here, it seemed like the developers were shaping the game up to be global servers, or at least giving the game part of the infrastructure to do so, but sometime before even closed alpha they must have been told to scrap those plans.

The text data seems to be formatted where each text file has each text entry with an id number or reference name, the text, and a number that is 90% just a "0". when the SEA server came out, and people extracted the text from that, they discovered that all of the Japanese text was still in the files, but shifted over to "1", with their translation of the text using "0" instead. This could have been used for things like Word Select, so you could box in some [words] which would make your client sent out the reference name instead of your text, then the other clients see the reference name and use the text of the language they had their own client set to. Word select was a hallmark of PSO1, applauded for allowing players to communicate across the language barrier. The dragonkin of Amuducia use [word select] to talk to ARKS for cryin out loud! (this was the other thing)

that and I think cyberkitsune found data for block names that made reference to cross-region play; the cross-ship blocks were there too, so it might have wound up being a similar situation to the shared ship had any of the other servers actually reached challenge mode or arena.

Anyway, all of this kinda wreaks of SoJ Corporate giving a big "no", either because they don't want to deal with having to null out collab items for IP reasons, nulling out various cast parts because there's a number of copyright trolls about robots that look vaguely like airplanes over here, possible clashes with gambling laws over the AC Scratch, or one of many many other reasons. "Paying people to manage the server" might also be a major factor too, as they seem to be having trouble with paying people to work on the main game itself full time right now. not so much actual financial issues, as I guess the AC scratch continues to keep the game very profitable, but just general managerial issues of having a development house that works on multiple projects at once.