Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    Spoiler!
    If all of this is true then the Collabs argument gains a lot of weight since Japanese Media are very open about collaborations, Western media not so much and it would be way too restrictive to try and exclude all of the collab items from the western version & Cross region blocks while having them accessible in the Japanese version. That and all the legality headache since these items would still be inside of the game files.

What also supports this "Unified server for multiple region blocks" Idea is the fact that hit detection in this game is client sided rather than server sided. As a result of that us gaijins can play without any problems while most of us suffer from a 200+ ping. The only thing that goes against this Idea is PVP but that was added in EP4 at which point the devs probably gave up on the global release.

But if this is true then that means that Sega wanted to support all 3 regions with only the 10 servers that they made for Japan, which would save a lot of money when it comes to distributing the game and would take care of the delayed patch issue since all of the regions would receive patches at the same time. However that also means that if PSO3 will want to attempt something cost efficient like this again then that means it probably won't come to the West either unless Anime and Game companies in the west start working towards having much better relationships with each other.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

There was also some others things as well that suggests global servers as well.

-Back in Closed Beta there was data for American Holiday Lobby events (Thanksgiving, America New Years, etc)
    -Before Ep4 there was a language select option in the options.
    -There does exist a graphic for the title screen without the katakana name under it in the JP version
    -Finally back when the game went commercial the Japan only clause in the TOS wasn't there. It was added back in later on Sakai claiming it was easier to fight cheaters/hackers with it on. Since this was around the time they announced the NA version they also probably felt they might as well put it back on since they scrapped the idea for global servers at that point.
    -Also theres data to change the timezone to any around the world. the English patch I believe uses this.
    Last edited by EvilMag; Aug 3, 2018 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    he was being sarcastic with you and your view on the community is a bit skewed consider a good chunk of us who have still been here since the day 1 (or alpha/beta) days offer a better insight on how the English (and JP) community has evolved over the years.
    Oh I didn't realize x3

1 -> I'm not sure if it was the beta but I played when the level cap was 30 and the only 3 classes were Hu/Fo/Ra

2 -> I wasn't insulting this games Western community. I was talking about Western MMO communities in Western games, where the majority of the community is Western and the game is built for Western audiences.

I checked my emails to see if I could find when I started playing but I forgot I wiped my entire emails a while back so my earliest is 2015, bumped.org says 13* were out by then so that's far too late.

I know for a fact I played when there were 3 classes and only level 30 but that's all I can say. It's also possible I started playing roughly around my join date here.

EDIT - AHAH! Found it.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...some-questions

My very first post. So I started playing shortly after I joined here, so just a couple of months after the OB.

So basically, I'm not OB or Alpha old sure but my time with this game is nothing to scoff at. 6 years on and off.

But this isn't a measuring contest. All I said was that this community is more pleasant to me than the communities of Western MMO's I've played. I didn't say the community was perfect either but nobody annoys me greatly when I'm actually in a map fighting.

Hence why I said I feel Westerners that play these sorts of games have a more Eastern mindset in their behavior. At least relative to Westerners in Western games. Random nonsensical lobby conversations are definitely rude, I think that's like talking on your phone out loud in the middle of a restaurant but that's mild compared to most MMO's that reach a large Western audience.

All this on the back of my experience as an MMORPG player for 12 years having played entirely Western centric MMORPG's or Chinese/Korean MMO's released in the West until SMT online and PSO2 both of which emphasized cooperative play and both of which have had again relatively pleasant communities.
    Last edited by Sesheenku; Aug 3, 2018 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesheenku View Post
    Oh I didn't realize x3
    2 -> I wasn't insulting this games Western community. I was talking about Western MMO communities in Western games, where the majority of the community is Western and the game is built for Western audiences.
    ok?

Hence why I said I feel Westerners that play these sorts of games have a more Eastern mindset in their behavior.
    uhhhh no, most of them dont (I refer to the roudy bunch)

At least relative to Westerners in Western games. Random nonsensical lobby conversations are definitely rude, I think that's like talking on your phone out loud in the middle of a restaurant but that's mild compared to most MMO's that reach a large Western audience.
    Most of the ruckus stick to their containment blocks but thats not to say some of them dont act like idiots by cussing out JP because they cant understand (which I've seen a few times over the years) but most stick to their team chat and occasionally parties but people still talk in public chat.

ok?

uhhhh no, most of them dont (I refer to the roudy bunch)

Most of the ruckus stick to their containment blocks but thats not to say some of them dont act like idiots by cussing out JP because they cant understand (which I've seen a few times over the years) but most stick to their team chat and occasionally parties but people still talk in public chat.
    I never said all I said in my anecdotal experience most. Arguing anecodtal experience against anecdotal experience is pretty pointless though and backing it up with more time doesn't strengthen it. Even if you had double my play time it's still not usable to assert something as fact and you'd need to do that to disprove me and I would have to do the same to disprove you. I'm only speaking for myself and my experience.

In my personal experience I've never seen aWestern player cuss out a Japanese player. In yours you have. Both are right but neither are indicative of the community at large. Since there's no statistical data to back it up there's no way to assert either opinion as anything more.
    Last edited by Sesheenku; Aug 4, 2018 at 07:50 AM.

Depends on what ship and what block you're in.

If you're in ship2 B1 you would probably encounter something like that.
    test

I never said all I said in my anecdotal experience most. Arguing anecodtal experience against anecdotal experience is pretty pointless though and backing it up with more time doesn't strengthen it. Even if you had double my play time it's still not usable to assert something as fact and you'd need to do that to disprove me and I would have to do the same to disprove you. I'm only speaking for myself and my experience.

In my personal experience I've never seen aWestern player cuss out a Japanese player. In yours you have. Both are right but neither are indicative of the community at large. Since there's no statistical data to back it up there's no way to assert either opinion as anything more.
    why do you keep trying to back this up with time as your basis? I said over the years but I'm showboating my actual personal time in game to prove anything and statistical data would exist on this either so no point bringing this up because most people wouldnt post about this anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Depends on what ship and what block you're in.

If you're in ship2 B1 you would probably encounter something like that.
    Blocks 01/07 are the containment blocks

why do you keep trying to back this up with time as your basis? I said over the years but I'm showboating my actual personal time in game to prove anything and statistical data would exist on this either so no point bringing this up because most people wouldnt post about this anywhere

Dude, you brought up time first.

he was being sarcastic with you and your view on the community is a bit skewed consider a good chunk of us who have still been here since the day 1 (or alpha/beta) days offer a better insight on how the English (and JP) community has evolved over the years.
    Dunno about you but usually when someone talks to you like that, they're implying they know better because they've been around longer than you. I simply responded saying I'm not that young in terms of play time.

Have I misunderstood what you're trying to convey?
    Last edited by Sesheenku; Aug 4, 2018 at 10:41 PM.

Dude, you brought up time first.

Dunno about you but usually when someone talks to you like that, they're implying they know better because they've been around longer than you. I simply responded saying I'm not that young in terms of play time.

Have I misunderstood what you're trying to convey?
    i was trying to give you a generalization but apparently that didnt seem to cross your mind since you seem to think im coming off hostile or something

i was trying to give you a generalization but apparently that didnt seem to cross your mind since you seem to think im coming off hostile or something
    Not hostile so much as assertive of your point, at least it sounded that way.

What I said was a generalization too. A contradictory one at that. I've seen the horrors of block 1 and block 7 but it's just eye rolling more than anything else.