Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

awwwww yissss demonia lineup wooooo. best month everrr. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    The problem is multi-faceted.

Expert requirements don't really mesh well with the horizontal progression style of this game. I keep coming back to this but where was that guy who, when they announced the original Expert requirements, completed them all with no weapons equipped (including Solo EX). So he's an Expert.
    Do you happen to remember who it was?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Ah, it was a series of tweets that are ancient now but I have some friends who may know where to find them. I'll ask around.

The problem is multi-faceted.

Expert requirements don't really mesh well with the horizontal progression style of this game. I keep coming back to this but where was that guy who, when they announced the original Expert requirements, completed them all with no weapons equipped (including Solo EX). So he's an Expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Not to take away from the accomplishment, but recall that the original expert questing requirements were to complete Heaven and Hell XQ Floors 1-5 (NOT Floors 6-10). That surprised a lot of players here with how weak the requirement was.

And yet at the time, the expert MPAs ended up so much stronger than non-expert MPAs, for a while anyways.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Welp, that Kings crest lineup is bloddy awful.
    Not a single interesting weapon there. Why in the fuck they're locking entire playstyles behind a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000001% drop and then putting boring trash like this in the shop I don't understand.
    They expect us to play the next half a year for this.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Not a single interesting weapon there. Why in the fuck they're locking entire playstyles behind a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000001% drop and then putting boring trash like this in the shop I don't understand.
    They expect us to play the next half a year for this.
    To be fair, Partisan and Knuckles are very good but those are two weapon types that you don't see played that often. I only started playing Knux Fi when I got Gear Experience and honestly, I don't think I'd want to continue playing it without having the counter paired with the Sway action on GE. Similarly, I got the Partisan a few weeks ago and I'm going to affix it and learn how to play Partisan soon because the weapon is actually interesting.

For people playing Hero, having Demonia available outside of pure RNG is good but it took a long time to get to this point and for minmaxers, having a +30 Demonia actually hurts quite a bit there.

I also do agree, I wish they'd make some of these abilities, which are tied to weapons which have playstyle altering changes, integrated into the class instead of being locked behind a weapon which eventually will become obsoleted. Good example of this would be Lavis - it changes the way Te plays in a number of ways and going back to Wands that don't have hitstop removal or reduction feels terrible. Their proposed changes to Elemental Conversion re: EPD are actually an example of them moving the playstyle changes into the tree which is good, but otherwise, they seem to be adding more weapons that fit this mold instead of less of them.

Also, my continued amusement at them "worrying about all classes starting to feel the same and having the same abilities" but now all classes are getting First Blood and Double Jump. Have they mentioned if Hero's First Blood will be removed or if it will remain? Similarly, will Hero maintain Next Jump/One More Jump and will Jet Boots get an additional jump (so three now as opposed to two)?

Dunno but they are going to remove snatch step once the Skill ring becomes a Skill Tree ability and return the 1 SP. Maybe Hero will have 2 SP more to work with in the future but it wouldn't surprised me if they still had to spend SP like how Rangers and Gunners still have to spend SP on Roll Shoot despite Step Attack being a default skill for ages.

Also, my continued amusement at them "worrying about all classes starting to feel the same and having the same abilities" but now all classes are getting First Blood and Double Jump. Have they mentioned if Hero's First Blood will be removed or if it will remain? Similarly, will Hero maintain Next Jump/One More Jump and will Jet Boots get an additional jump (so three now as opposed to two)?
    My opinion stands still. Sega wanting to implement these doesn't mean they are right, just like the mistake they do on Hero, by saying there's nothing wrong with it that end up throwing big balances to other classes, twice. But it's official so I respect the move, nothing more to argue about.

As for JB getting triple jump, no idea (I personally don't think so). But Hero will remain the same I believe.

Lol, so they're not even adding the Loser 14*s to the King's Crest lineup. I should have seen it coming, only those with good luck are permitted to get hold of any weapons that change up class playstyles, the rest of us plebs have to wait a year until the gear is outclassed before we're allowed to have a reasonable chance of grinding towards it. Wouldn't want to go crazy and let everyone have some fun, would we?

Well, on the bright side I guess I can just start ignoring every EQ that isn't Incarnation of Knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    I was a fool to think they would add the EPO.
    It would have been a bad idea indeed but my
    lack of luck made me want that to happen.....