Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

It's not like you need Astral/Ether. There are plenty of strong and cost-effective 5s/6s affixes you can do for weapons/units.

Litterally every single strong player I check out has that combo. It's almost offensive.
    I've been blessed with 5 slots apprentice units lately so I might push for that during the next bonus week...
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

You don't need Astral/Ether units/weapons to do relevant damage. Even something like Ares/Stat4/Stam4/OmegaRev/Mut2 on all your units gives you a good stat spread and more survivability. I'm not an affixing master but there is probably something more cost-effective than that without using any Booster items. Even with a reasonable amount of money you can make good 6s units and you don't NEED Grace -- Elegant or even Noble is fine in most cases. Assuming you need the craziest, most expensive gear to break even contribution-wise is a fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    Litterally every single strong player I check out has that combo. It's almost offensive.
    I've been blessed with 5 slots apprentice units lately so I might push for that during the next bonus week...
    Yes I too saw the man, the one and only, the legend, who has sick 6s units With Astral Soul, Ether Factor and Returner V.

No reasonable human being will require you to have such ridiculous units. 40 Atk is like 1~1.5% of your total power nowadays (Even less on certain weapons). Most of the time it's not worth going for that sick extra 10~20 atk and 1~2 pp.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah honestly the stock abilities on the Sub/Stellar Walls you get from reaching 75 are not terrible at all; like they might not be as good as a bode, izane, quilphad or mix of these units, but they'll help people die a bit less, unless they still need to get better at the game; but even a full izane set with astral/ether/returner/ability III/all resist III / striking resist IV/ Stamina IV/Grace Stamina wont stop a bad player from getting turned into paste.

they're leagues better than the 2017 units being made out of literal tissue paper anyway

the rate the game catapults people into extra hard means they probably will still have trouble wrapping their heads around affixing for a while; it took me quiet a bit after the first XH update (that finally opened affixing for more than just 2 fodder items haha) to get over how bad it used to be and get things done anyway.

for now the expert mode reqs are fine anyway; the key part of the Terran/Phanatical phantoms requirement is that either you are skilled enough to clear phanatical phantoms, have a good enough squad for beating terran phantoms together, or resourceful enough to get carried through terran phantoms; which means you should know people willing to help you stand up on your own feet eventually, it's just that you needed to escape non-expert hell in order help facilitate that faster. Getting the sub stellar walls for reaching level 75 so you can meet that req is more of a "are you even paying attention to what's going on" kinda check, which, people do still fail, which is why expert mode still exists. The +35 13* weapon part is the only thing that can get weird if somebody is just catching back up again at the wrong time; like right now they won't be able to earn enough badges to +35 a homura weapon unless they are really busting their butt today until maintenance, and side xie the badges just before they 630 when maint starts, or get lucky with a drop. likewise when a set of easy to complete without an EQ collection files are about to expire is where I normally see this kind of thing happen, or easy files with an EQ but there aren't enough runs of the EQ left on the schedule to do it even with resets
    Last edited by Zorak000; Aug 7, 2018 at 11:48 AM.

The problem is multi-faceted.

Expert requirements don't really mesh well with the horizontal progression style of this game. I keep coming back to this but where was that guy who, when they announced the original Expert requirements, completed them all with no weapons equipped (including Solo EX). So he's an Expert. All he would need to do now is get carried through the Party version of the new EX and he's still an Expert. The other issue too is that Expert makes no checks on your current gear. We've seen this with Mother/Deus EQ where a lot of people bring out their severely under-geared Hunter subs for leveling because it gives good EXP and they end up dying a ton.

The issue is, you're in no danger of failing 90% of the content even with people who either don't have good gear or don't know how to play their class, it just takes significantly longer. Yes, it's frustrating, but the only times it really matters honestly are things like Dragon rematch solely because of the death limit. Honestly, I've stopped doing Dragon RM with randos because there was a streak for me after the 85 cap came out where I was always getting players who were leveling Subs and racking up the maximum death count. Sometimes we'd even have deaths during the mobbing section which is profoundly confusing. This is purely anecdotal to me but it's my observation nonetheless.

The simple solution to this is just group up more often with people you trust and do content with them -- that at least guarantees some level of competency in any given MPA. From my experience, it's generally the top 4-6 players in any given boss MPA that are actually moving the fight along anyway.

The other issue re: new players is that there are so many legacy systems in PSO2 and they even have made tutorials for things like affixing (they have) but it's still a bore to learn. People aren't generally aware that certain affixes boost other affixes, or even how to maximize your up-slot chances. This is compounded by the sheer amount of affixes available which can be overwhelming for someone who isn't familiar with the system or wants to invest time learning how it works. For Weapons, S-Abilities were supposed to make this a bit easier and it has in a sense, but now we're running into the saturation point where there are so many S-Abilities that it's hard to keep track of them and some of the more desirable ones are becoming rarer because the content they drop in is out of cycle.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah; I just figured the "get carried" condition is less of a direct skill check and more of a "knows people who can carry them, or knows how to recruit people to carry them", which is a different kind of skill, but one that should technically mean you have connections to people who can help you figure things out. Like somebody could ask/bribe random strangers in the lobby or on a forum to carry them through, but technically that too is a skill that can lead somebody down the road to improvement.

I assume with magatsu they realized failure states for EQs, specifically due to their time-limited nature, are just a bad idea in general. They tried to add some pressure with Rematch Quests but it sounds like Atrum kinda pushed them into doing this rematch trigger drop system they've started with Loser. that way people can prep a group to run it on their own terms, and if they fail then they knew the risks when they used the trigger. and if they don't think they can handle it, they can simply put the trigger up in their shop and make some money off of somebody willing to drop the corn on it. the drop rates on triggers are still the only lame part about it though, like they could maybe do something like have a bi-weekly set of collection files for rematch triggers of the EQs in the current update cycle heh. just kinda throwing an idea out there im not sure how good/bad that would be.

and yeah this game is an absolute mess of abandoned ideas or systems that have no actual documentation outside of their update trailers and update websites

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Flower View Post
    I hope Demonia is also on the list. I swear I get everything beside what I wanted...

2 Akatsuki, Gilde Girola, Bran Absolute, Reaver Garola, Spread Needle, Yasminkov 4000FJ, Quella Windea, Eternal Psycho Drive,
    3 Lavis Cannon and 2 Rykos Staff.

I also got 6 Guren/Shien, 3 Appress Grudge, 3 Zirenheit and 1 Phobos Elex (double saber).

I even gotten 1 Chronos Time Stone, which is even rarer than Demonia yet I still don't have one.

*start smashing head against the table*
    Looks like your wish just got insta-granted.

Welp, that Kings crest lineup is bloddy awful.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Welp, that Kings crest lineup is bloddy awful.
    Worst part for me is that despite never getting any of the deus or Prentice *14 to drop, and only one for Yamato, Loser and Mother *14 (and not even from their respective EQs), I somehow got 3/4 of Dragon *14 and 2/3 Demonias, so I only miss Dual Bird and Demonia TMG, which I hardly care about anyway. I also got enough conqueror crests to get about every EP4 *14 I actually wanted soo...I guess those crests will rot permanently in storage