Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    I was a fool to think they would add the EPO.
    It would have been a bad idea indeed but my
    lack of luck made me want that to happen.....
    You mean everyones lack of luck. That Sword is by far the rarest 14* yet.

You got a point.
    But in my case, that doesn't make any difference since I have not dropped a single 14☆ since they have been implemented.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

anyway, I kinda remembered something about the whole expert req thing I wanted to share.

the best they can really do with something like that is make a PSO2 Literacy Test, which is about what they got for it now. As power creeps onward they'll have to make more new Extreme Quests to serve that part of the function, of either being able to be skilled enough to solo it, having a good group of friends to tackle it, or simply being "good" enough to know you need help with this; which means you will continue to seek improvement one way or another. Calling it "expert" instead of "literate" is more of an issue of perception; it makes somebody feel better about earning it, and feel better if they can't quite do it yet. Not everybody responds well to feeling insulted, it turns out!

Everybody complaining about incompetent people in their MPAs still just kinda has the same sound as somebody complaining about how bad it is to play Solo Queue in Overwatch/Leage/other game that focuses on a team-based game mode. You can't stop random people from finding new ways to be bad or lazy out in the wilds of Solo Queue; Life finds a way.

The only proven solution to this situation is finding a private group to run with. This is why teams/clans/guilds exist in these kinds of games tbqh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    The only proven solution to this situation is finding a private group to run with. This is why teams/clans/guilds exist in these kinds of games tbqh.
    Well by extension the problem is with the EQ system, since I usually see people complaining about bad pugs in EQs. I don't think I've EVER seen someone complain about bad pugs in a trigger quest, or endless quest because why the fuck would you pug those if you know you want a good run? EQs require you to do them on SEGA's schedule, which means not everyone who wants to do it might be available. You also have the problem of some EQs being more rewarding if you can get in a lot of runs before they end, which means people want to rush. They kinda got around that by just limiting how many times per EQ you can run it, but some people still want to multiship.

Speaking of multi shipping, pro tip: If you want to get carried super hard then join a single run EQ in like the last 3-5 minutes before it ends to get all the multi-shipping power players. :whacko:

EDIT: I'd also argue that the point of "expert requirements" should be proving you can pull your own weight, which getting carried doesn't do, even if it does mean you know people. You aren't always going to have people. It's the same issue with facerolling it on a class like Su. That won't stop you from going Fi/Fo and using an extended red katana in XH. The game needs more easily quantifiable levels of power in the gear progression, and more parity between multipliers and damage types between classes, because this kind of stuff is the whole reason level and i-level requirements exist in games, but the power gap between two players can be insane even if the only difference is their skill trees.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Well by extension the problem is with the EQ system, since I usually see people complaining about bad pugs in EQs. I don't think I've EVER seen someone complain about bad pugs in a trigger quest, or endless quest because why the fuck would you pug those if you know you want a good run?
    Honestly Dragon Rematch has been terrible lately with people running it for leveling and failure becoming way more common but with Omega Loser/Omega Apprentice EQ, they seem to be shying away from the higher difficulty rematch model and just doing triggers that drop rarely. The triggers have no death limit so in reality as long as you can find people that are even remotely decent, you should be able to clear it even if you open it up to randos. That much being said, I stopped doing Dragon RM with randos just cuz I'm tired of failing of no fault of my own when I'm carrying the MPA damage-wise with no deaths and somehow a Hunter racks up three deaths.

EDIT: I'd also argue that the point of "expert requirements" should be proving you can pull your own weight, which getting carried doesn't do, even if it does mean you know people. You aren't always going to have people. It's the same issue with facerolling it on a class like Su. That won't stop you from going Fi/Fo and using an extended red katana in XH. The game needs more easily quantifiable levels of power in the gear progression, and more parity between multipliers and damage types between classes, because this kind of stuff is the whole reason level and i-level requirements exist in games, but the power gap between two players can be insane even if the only difference is their skill trees.
    The reason why item level works in games like FF14 and similar MMOs is that the games are designed around vertical progression. PSO2 is still an extremely horizontal game so assigning item levels to gear would be arbitrary since even weapons like Austere, while extremely old and powercrept, can still do relevant damage whereas in FF14, if you're rocking a LV60 iLv250 weapon versus a boss intended to be fought with LV70 gear of at least iLv350, you will do no damage and you will die to everything due to the way stats scale exponentially. PSO2 just isn't suited for requirements of that kind which is why the "Expert" requirement was derided originally by both the Japanese and Western fanbase when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    You mean everyones lack of luck. That Sword is by far the rarest 14* yet.
    Simply because no one bothered to wait Elder to draw his sword again and just nuke rush at him. Sure the rates are abysmal but breaking his sword to add it into his drop pool would've been better than nothing.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Simply because no one bothered to wait Elder to draw his sword again and just nuke rush at him. Sure the rates are abysmal but breaking his sword to add it into his drop pool would've been better than nothing.
    sega confirmed a long time ago you dont need to break Omega Hunar's sword for it to be added to the loot pool

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    The reason why item level works in games like FF14 and similar MMOs is that the games are designed around vertical progression. PSO2 is still an extremely horizontal game so assigning item levels to gear would be arbitrary since even weapons like Austere, while extremely old and powercrept, can still do relevant damage whereas in FF14, if you're rocking a LV60 iLv250 weapon versus a boss intended to be fought with LV70 gear of at least iLv350, you will do no damage and you will die to everything due to the way stats scale exponentially. PSO2 just isn't suited for requirements of that kind which is why the "Expert" requirement was derided originally by both the Japanese and Western fanbase when it came out.
    Except, other than the latent there's no reason weapons of the same category and rarity need to vary as much as they do other than power creep. The baseline need to be more normalized. I know the game has a lot of horizontal progression, but the gap between the high and low ends is too big, and there's too many variables. Horizontal progression is fine, but it needs less variables, or the variables need smaller ranges. Especially when things like acquiring certain equipment is basically random, and affixing scares people away.

And I wasn't really saying PSO2 needs i-levels, rather using them as an example of having a hard line drawn in the sand of "you need at least this much". If something below that line is still better than stuff above it then that's arguably a problem.

btw a friend found the old tweet, bless his soul.

https://twitter.com/Otubakurame/stat...44482011787264

He was using Farhens but basically he was able to do Expert without any weapons totally on his own.

Well by extension the problem is with the EQ system, since I usually see people complaining about bad pugs in EQs.
    We should first determine what those who complain about bad pugs actually mean when they say "bad". Because I've seen people call a run "bad" that was somewhat slower than what they're used for, effectively wasting more seconds on their "precious" Triboost / RDR tickets. Also, I encountered someone wishing cancer to the whole mpa because of bad splitting in Beach Wars that had uneven sides. This was in non-expert.

I basically agree with Kondibon's argument that the game has too many variables and with too large effects. In fact, maybe Sega should copy their A-, B-, C- etc. Frame system from PSO2es and consolidate all effects into a few of those, so that not everything becomes multiplicative with each other and becomes a balancing nightmare. Also there is a lot of fluff in skill trees that serve no purpose other than have somewhere to put 99 points in. There is no need for X-atk 1, X-atk 2 and X-atk 3. Just let X-atk 1 go all the way up to /30. No need for <Element Mastery> 1 and 2. Just let 1 go up to 15. Rare <class> mastery skills also seem to exist to penalize using off-class weapons, even though I am not aware of many 13s and 14s which can do that, so it's another skill that could be deleted entirely, and give players baseline 10% damage to cover up the loss, maybe as a title to accompany those titles that give 10% extra damage for registering weapons in our library.

Regarding Expert mode, maybe Sega should require us to complete them using some stock characters and not our own. Just like the tutorials and battle arena are done. That way Expert mode cannot be "cheesed" by acquiring better gear or more stats.