Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i prefer the original name whether it has a meaning or not, rather the official name but im not saying austere is horrible either

i could have sworn after all the jokes they just let the meme become the name. itll always be dark falz luther to me
    Except it's not a joke and it's fully intended by SEGA. Their big mistake is in not understanding how heavily connoted the word "Loser" is. It's only used here to refer to Luther being defeated and his plans thwarted, causing him to go haywire, as a "sore loser" instead of meaning " being a failure" which is ironically how the word is mostly used. But they definitely meant for the Falz name to be Loser, if only to go with the other Falz names "Elder" "Apprentice" "Persona" and "Double"

Regarding the Austere/Ofsteria issue, the Greek equivalent word is Αυστηρός (pronounced Afsteeros), and it means "strict" in English. Another word for strict is austere.

In fact Sega has been using a lot of Greek words for many stuff in PSO2. The Photon Blast names for example have the suffix Proi (morning), Mera (day) and Nichta (night).
    Ketos means "sea monster", and Ilios means "Sun".
    Phobos can be 2 things: Either the moon of the planet Mars, which will make sense if we see another line of weapons named Deimos (the other moon of Mars), or the greek word "Phobos" which means "fear".
    "Zeinesis" means "birth of god".
    And there are a lot more other borrowed terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i could have sworn after all the jokes they just let the meme become the name. itll always be dark falz luther to me
    His name is actually Loser. Apprentice even makes fun of him for it. The problem is that it probably sounds a lot cooler to a japanese person than an english speaker.

DF name Loser ルーサー/敗者
    host name Luther ルーサー but jp make fun of him by refer with his obsession about omniscient as 全知 some kind of jp pun i think

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    DF name Loser ルーサー/敗者
    host name Luther ルーサー but jp make fun of him by refer with his obsession about omniscient as 全知 some kind of jp pun i think
    I always took "Loser" to refer to Luther's nerdiness. Diving deep into theory, seeking knowledge and omniscience may be seen as a nerdy pursuit. Also if you look at the things he says as Angel and DF Loser, some of them are pretty nerdy.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

got a bunch of takt resta gollem, and a wanda 14* fire

then today, 15 minutes and forgot pop a 250% rare, got a TMG demonia, nice indeed, but i looking for units

Tons of 13*s but not a single 14* yet. :/

Of all the things I could get, I got a Calamity Smasher from a Summer Rappy. :')
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Of all the things I could get, I got a Calamity Smasher from a Summer Rappy. :')
    I got like 5 from rappies. They're surprisingly common.

I think im destined to get one of every old 14* before i get a single demonia.
    My list:

EPD
    Spread needle
    Akatsuki
    Rykros Staff
    Kazami
    Lavis cannon
    Flaming dual saber
    Those jet boots that do explosions (this is the only 14* that came from doragon)

Pretty sure that's everything.

Also, I can probably confirm 12* units are rarer than 14* weapons at this point since I only ever got two bode legs and a rear to drop from forest.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Aug 18, 2018 at 09:49 AM.