Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Law and Chaos
    - Characters come in Law, Chaos, and Neutral flavors.
    - Law Characters are defensively oriented, with abilities that support party members and heal.
    - Chaos Characters are offensively oriented, with abilities that inflict big damage and status effects.
    - Neutral Characters are a rare class that don't fit in either Law or Chaos and can be used in either party.

Battle
    - Characters will auto-target enemies based on elemental weaknesses, but you can also manual select targets.
    - 2x Speed, Auto Battle, and Skip Elemental Burst options are available.
    - Attacking and defeating enemies in battle raises the Element Value. Higher Element influences attack options and boosts normal attack damage.
    - Execute a special character-specific attack called an Elemental Blast by consuming your Element Value.
    - Switch between Law and Chaos Parties mid-combat with the Reverse Rush technique, an ability that attacks the target while switching parties.

Fate Divergence
    - Influence the path of your characters with the Fate Divergence System.
    - Upon maxing a Character's Bond, you can choose to make them a Law or a Chaos character.
    - Based on your choice, their appearance, Skills, and Elemental Blast will change.
    - A Character's Story will also vary based on whether they're Law or Chaos after the Fate Divergence.
    - You can use a special item to change a Character's path if you're not happy with the choice you made.

Idola Battle
    - Raid battles where you fight Idola.
    - However, if your party falls while fighting an Idola, you will become an Idola! You can then fight other players as an Idola.
    - If fighting an Idola, you will earn rewards for defeating the Idola. If you are playing as an Idola, you will earn bonuses based on how many players you defeat.
    - There are also special Idola vs. Idola fights in certain events.
    - Many of the large Idola are based on constellations. There are lesser Idola as well.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Is it me or are we all dismissing the game not because of its content, its battle system, its lore, it's potential longevity or even its general gameplay, but exclusively because of its looks? And yes, I include myself in this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Is it me or are we all dismissing the game not because of its content, its battle system, its lore, it's potential longevity or even its general gameplay, but exclusively because of its looks? And yes, I include myself in this statement.
    you forget the fact that this mobage cashcow is supposed to celebrate 30 years Phantasy star.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It's a multitude of reasons.

It was announced as part of the 30th Anniversary of Phantasy Star, but it seems people were expecting more than just a mobile game. The game itself doesn't really seem to do anything to set itself apart from the other fish in the sea in that regard and is only loosely visually similar to older PS titles. In fact, other than the name of the project and some familiar characters/enemies, it seems to be connected to PS series in name only. It gets compared to FGO a lot in terms of it's presentation and it's combat system, even if mechanically it may be different. The animation style in the game also looks very rough using some pretty awkward looking tweening between actions.

Basically, it was something seemingly nobody asked for but we have it anyway. Judging from comments around today and on the stream, people don't really seem to be sold on the mechanics either. They either actually don't like the mechanics or they may be too jaded from their initial reaction to care.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    you forget the fact that this mobage cashcow is supposed to celebrate 30 years Phantasy star.
    Exactly, it hardly does this series justice and feels disingenuous when they revealed this by showing shots from games in the series up till this point only to be shown a mobile game as the way to celebrate the anniversary. Though it is routine for Sega to disappoint nowadays I expected more personally.

It probably also doesn't help the negative feelings towards Episode 5 of PSO2 as well. A lot of people are losing steam and then you release this which doesn't seem to address anything people had issues with the direction of Phantasy Star. In combination with this being Phantasy Star's 30th year celebration and this is what we get. The game itself doesn't really stand out from others so it is hard to see it as anything other than a cashgrab.

I do miss the Sci-Fi feeling that Phantasy Star had but every update seems to push further and further away from it. I don't have any malice towards IDOLA. If there are people that like it, congrats to them. But this does seem like a massive slap in the face for the old school fans.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

A lot of these features are like "but that sounds like FGO/Unitia/Ordinal Strata/etc etc" other than the Law/Chaos switching gimmick.

To stand out, it'll be about how they manage the content flow and the monetization, both of which can only be judged after launch.

For now I just feel like it's an uninspired clone but hey it's F2P. I'll try it but they'll really need to make up for the lack of inspiration with amazing execution.

The "idola battle" part looks fun though.

I miss PSO and PSU where eveything is all sci-fi. Not this fantasy themed mobage. It seems SEGA is pushing the fantasy themed gameplay since EP5