Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Let’s Talk Units

First, I made these today:

Spoiler!

and unless SEGA does something new with unit affixing or just makes well affixed unit drops more common, this will be the last time I ever affix any unit. Before affixing, my units were exactly the way you see them minus the fact that I added a 6th slot for Stamina IV mainly because I was tired of being a glass canon and I also replaced elegant technique for grace technique because why not? That alone cost me close to $200m. Now I’m sure that someone could have figured out a better strategy than what I went for (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wTE/edit#gid=0), but still, I doubt that it would have cost less than $150m, let alone half of what I paid.

I understand that searching and affixing should be a bit hard to come by during the first few years of a game like this, but it’s been over 6 years now! Why didn’t we get something like NT Units where you can affix a bunch of ability factors? To get 6 slot units with Alter Magia, why are my choices: Have the best luck in the world and them get during XQ or pay +6m a pop in the player shops?

I’m not saying that SEGA need to spoon feed us weapons and units like they did with the Atra line-up, but give us something that can at lease guarantee us decent unit fodders in exchange for something. Even if it would be a lot of work, I wouldn’t mind having to gather a bunch of stones to trade for decent 5 or 6 slot fodders.

Anyway, just my 2 cents on the subject, feels good letting it out.

EDIT: 12★ units, why are can't we replace rings? Why can we only equip Left rings? Why no set effects (decent ones anyway)?
    Last edited by the_importer_; Aug 24, 2018 at 02:07 PM.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

why did you make aus units instead of using 12*s

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    why did you make aus units instead of using 12*s
    Unless things have changed recently, Austere Rear + Arm gives out more stats because of the set bonus, something that 12★ units unfortunately lack. Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to talk about those to, I'll edit my post.
    Spoiler!

You may get /slightly/ more from the Aus Set Bonus but I'm pretty sure the higher defenses/resistances of 12* Units and the ability to use rings on them trumps the Set Bonus. I'm assuming these are for FO? If so, do you not use Short Mirage/Step Jump? Those are pretty good to have in socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    You may get /slightly/ more from the Aus Set Bonus but I'm pretty sure the higher defenses/resistances of 12* Units and the ability to use rings on them trumps the Set Bonus. I'm assuming these are for FO? If so, do you not use Short Mirage/Step Jump? Those are pretty good to have in socket.
    You'd think that logic would dictate that 12★ units would beat out 11★ units, but no. This is one of the things that baffled me when I return last fall, how weak these new 12★ units were.

At 235 S-Def, Austere units at beats the majority of 12★ units. A few 12★ of them barely beats them and only Izane and Phobos have a significant difference, but at the cost of way shittier boosts. As for rings, I would like to use a 3rd one (not Short Mirage however), but not at the cost of losing all of these bonuses.
    Spoiler!

I knew you'd say that!

Thing is, 12* Units have similar Defense bases to Aus Units but they cap higher. Buster Rear has 327 in all Defenses at +10 but Aus is 329/301/315. Whenever you left, Aus Set Bonus and stats were fine but at this point, you're REALLY on the edge of that. There are tons of useful L. Rings for most classes and one of the issues players are running into is that we don't have enough ring slots, which is why SEGA is moving some of the skills (Step Jump, Just Reversal) into the Skill Tree eventually. Buster, Izane, Bode, Shine, and Phobos are all current Unit sets that overshadow Aus Set Bonus too.

For Comparison:

Aus Set Bonus
    ===========
    S.Def 658
    R.Def 602
    T. Def 630

HP+190
    PP+30
    ATK+60
    DEX+50

S. Resist 6%
    R. Resist 7%
    T. Resist 7%

Buster Rear/Buster Arm
    ==================
    S.Def 654
    R.Def 654
    T.Def 654

HP+120
    PP+20
    ATK+50

S. Resist 6%
    R. Resist 6%
    T. Resist 6%

So even Buster units (which are getting an upgrade soon) are within spitting distance AND they can equip Rings. Honestly, if it's for a class you actually play, I don't see a reason to not use 12* Units.
    Last edited by Jene-chan; Aug 24, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

playing fo without short mirage + tech parry + step jump + air reversal sounds pretty bad.

I also actually just realized you were using Whitill Leg which has extremely low defenses and resists so even with that extra HP you slapped on there, you may still have the same issue of being a glass canon. What do your stats look like anyway?

Also, to the other point, yes, Unit affixing is cumbersome and they only made it easier once when they allowed up to 5 fodders for it. The process is still confusing to a lot of new players and they really don't do a good job of explaining it to players in-game or with the tutorial videos they made (which are not referenced in-game). That much being said, there are tons of cost-effective ways to make strong 5-6s affixes these days and you have a community of people who you can ask for recipes or recommendations so that should make it a bit easier.

It doesn't change that it's cumbersome and confusing but I honestly don't really see them changing Unit affixing till we get within the last 3 years of the game's announced support lifespan. At least affixing weapons is easy as shit and you don't have to really worry about that any more.
    Last edited by Jene-chan; Aug 24, 2018 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    playing fo without short mirage + tech parry + step jump + air reversal sounds pretty bad.
    I'm honestly still getting by with Aus/Union. Just Tech Parry and Short Mirage. Granted I don't play as much anymore and refuse to hunt or units, but the new stuff that I've run didn't really have me wanting more from rings. Isn't step jump supposed to be available without the ring at some point, or was that changed, or never true at all?

first it was EPD vs Atra, now its invest into units thatll be out dated soon. where will it end with the_importer?!