Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

I literally can't play this game without step jump and Air reversal nowadays. These are some of the first rings I create when gearing up characters because the amount of mobility, utility and survivability they give is immense. Air Reversal is a must have for magatsu, unless you like wasting time falling to the ground and then climb back up again.

Playing the game nowadays with 11* units in my opinion is like cutting one of your legs off and saying it doesn't bother you to walk around with a crutch. Maybe in 2017 before step jump worked on all dodge actions you guys had a point but nowadays you're slowing yourself down. The reason Sega turns those 4 skill rings into skill tree skills is because they wanna free up room for some of the more niche skill rings, like just reversal blast, giving you an attack for screwing up and not completely ruining your DPS or Mate / Atomizer Lovers speeding up and increasing your recovery items or Party of Toughness, reducing damage received in group content.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    I'll just add this: you mentioned ABC, right?

If you need to switch to your orbit while the enemy is still there and targettable, then you're not casting techs and are losing out on damage. A situation where you can maintain 100% uptime while the enemy is targettable and recharge only when they're not (or moved away and you have to relocate, for example when fighting dragon) is ideal and not very realistic - but the closer you are to it, the higher your damage output will be.

So, even with ease of regaining PP, the more you have it the better your uptime and higher the DPS. I find that much more compelling than extra L-ring slots that a portion of the playerbase kept repeating as being so useful basically since 12*s came out, but I'm just not seeing it. I mean, the utility is still there, but I find it less useful than the ability to deliver sustained damage. Even for classes with strong normal attacks (hero for example), more PP is still more uptime and a better damage output overall.
    https://twitter.com/eirene0412/statu...81539573379072

While that is true, #1, you should be aiming to move as little as possible on FoTe to reap the benefits of PP Restorate while standing still. Even with an Orbit battery, I can swap to it for 1-2 seconds and recover half or more of my PP. It would be even better if I made a Val GS battery. While, yes, technically you are stopping DPS for 1-2 seconds to swap in but it's really not that much of a loss. Also, my comment re: ABCs was more towards seeing people with awesome gear but finding a large discrepancy in their DPS in boss encounters.

Also, I'll refer to my post on page 1 for Aus Set Bonus vs. Buster Units:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...=1#post3452324

Aus gets you 70 more HP, 10 more PP and 10 more Atk. Honestly, with the current meta, the HP is the biggest loss there but that can easily be made up literally anywhere with affixing and proper Unit choice. Buster Units have been out for a year and are pretty common in all Omega content. Again, having a huge PP pool isn't really needed anymore outside of certain builds (Bow Br/Partisan/Time Attack Builds).

If you want to re-purpose some old Aus Units for a sub, that's fine, but if you're gearing your main, you really have no reason to not be using at least Buster Units for the Ring coverage.

Didn't they mention they're gonna update Austere series or something? I'm not sure if that includes with the units.

Also, is there a reason they're lagging two months on implementing Step Jump and Air Reversal into the skill tree? They could have implement it by next update and be done with instead of waiting.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Didn't they mention they're gonna update Austere series or something? I'm not sure if that includes with the units.

Also, is there a reason they're lagging two months on implementing Step Jump and Air Reversal into the skill tree? They could have implement it by next update and be done with instead of waiting.
    Aus weapons are getting an NT version at some undisclosed time. There will be some conversion from Aus OT to NT but we really don't know anything about that. We also don't know if that includes the Units but if they make 12* Aus Units, they most likely will not have a Set Bonus.

Also, as I mentioned, we don't have an actual time frame on when they're putting Step Jump/Air Reversal into the tree but it's probably within the next 2 months. We do know they're putting Double Jump/First Blood on the tree before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post

From the sound of it Sega wants the October update to be huge for re balancing. We're gonna get Bow dodge action, Rapid shoot CD reduction, Jet Boots overhaul in multiple areas, Rings will become Skill tree skills and possibly some parts we still don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I literally can't play this game without step jump and Air reversal nowadays. These are some of the first rings I create when gearing up characters because the amount of mobility, utility and survivability they give is immense. Air Reversal is a must have for magatsu, unless you like wasting time falling to the ground and then climb back up again.

Playing the game nowadays with 11* units in my opinion is like cutting one of your legs off and saying it doesn't bother you to walk around with a crutch. Maybe in 2017 before step jump worked on all dodge actions you guys had a point but nowadays you're slowing yourself down. The reason Sega turns those 4 skill rings into skill tree skills is because they wanna free up room for some of the more niche skill rings, like just reversal blast, giving you an attack for screwing up and not completely ruining your DPS or Mate / Atomizer Lovers speeding up and increasing your recovery items or Party of Toughness, reducing damage received in group content.
    I do want to make a case for air reversal though. I do agree step jump is a must-have for literally every class atm. Air reversal, as you and mil mentioned is very quest-dependent. I did end up slotting it on a ghetto *12 that I use for maggy and underman/solo but its utility just goes from a must-have to a " why is that on my unit again" depending. Even something silly as A Rod Shoot mode feels more impactful in some quests, which says a lot
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 26, 2018 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    LA cancel forces you to go through the walking animation to start moving again. after i got step jump for fo, i could never go back; the movement after switching to orbit feels clunky and slow with LA cancel.
    If you're going to run; but Ilzonde is one of the most mobile abilities in the game right now. With Bolt Tech PP Save it barely costs you anything and you can reduce the costs further with PP cost reducing special abilities.

The few seconds of walking before getting to full running speed is definitely clunky, but you don't have to deal with it necessarily between Fo being ranged and having a great movement tech.

as for units, have you played forest much? it drops all the bode units and has had multiple boost weeks. people are always playing it in pug blocks.
    I've tried it during a few boost periods but I didn't get any units, just a couple of 13*'s. I didn't hardcore grind it, but grinding was never really my thing even when I played a lot. Especially when it's a purely random drop.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I definitely appreciate what the rings give you, but they don't really make it into my can't live without list, at least for Fo. On Magatsu, my biggest issue is having Magastu lag off into the distance and falling because what I was standing on disappeared. Air Reversal won't help too much there. Getting knocked off doesn't happen all the often. I think of Air Reversal more as insurance than some kind of active protection. It's for when you make a mistake (everyone does) in specific situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    Aus gets you 70 more HP, 10 more PP and 10 more Atk. Honestly, with the current meta, the HP is the biggest loss there but that can easily be made up literally anywhere with affixing and proper Unit choice. Buster Units have been out for a year and are pretty common in all Omega content. Again, having a huge PP pool isn't really needed anymore outside of certain builds (Bow Br/Partisan/Time Attack Builds).
    You can't really make up for better stats with affixes unless the unit in question makes a superior affix easier (Bode having Catalyst or whatever it was for example). Austere will always have better bonus stats than buster units and this gives you more flexibility in affixing. The rings might be worth more than the stats, but that's a separate issue from affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexorcet View Post
    You can't really make up for better stats with affixes unless the unit in question makes a superior affix easier (Bode having Catalyst or whatever it was for example). Austere will always have better bonus stats than buster units and this gives you more flexibility in affixing. The rings might be worth more than the stats, but that's a separate issue from affixes.
    70 HP, 10PP and /especially/ 10 Attack does not make up for the utility of Rings. That's only when comparing to Buster Units. Bode Units give you more Attack then Aus Set Bonus and more Resistances at the cost of some HP but again, you can make up HP easily in any slot and players generally don't need huge amounts of PP anymore soooooo...
    Last edited by Jene-chan; Aug 26, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    70 HP, 10PP and /especially/ 10 Attack does not make up for the utility of Rings. That's only when comparing to Buster Units. Bode Units give you more Attack then Aus Set Bonus and more Resistances at the cost of some HP but again, you can make up HP easily in any slot and players generally don't need huge amounts of PP anymore soooooo...
    Yeah it's fine to ditch the stats for rings, I was just pointing out that you can't really make up for innate stats with affixes. I think it's better to look at all the stats together as opposed to breaking them down by category, unless you're going to discount a category (as you are with PP). Unless a given set of units gives you all of certain stat that you'll ever want (let's say PP), then having more of that stat on another set of units would just allow you to buff other stats (HP and/or attack) more with those other units.

If I were looking into new units with an accompanying affix, I'd wait to see what the buster upgrade was, then select between that, Bode, Qliphad, and Austere if I didn't want more than Short Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    I'll just add this: you mentioned ABC, right?

If you need to switch to your orbit while the enemy is still there and targettable, then you're not casting techs and are losing out on damage. A situation where you can maintain 100% uptime while the enemy is targettable and recharge only when they're not (or moved away and you have to relocate, for example when fighting dragon) is ideal and not very realistic - but the closer you are to it, the higher your damage output will be.

So, even with ease of regaining PP, the more you have it the better your uptime and higher the DPS. I find that much more compelling than extra L-ring slots that a portion of the playerbase kept repeating as being so useful basically since 12*s came out, but I'm just not seeing it. I mean, the utility is still there, but I find it less useful than the ability to deliver sustained damage. Even for classes with strong normal attacks (hero for example), more PP is still more uptime and a better damage output overall.
    the difference between 170pp and say 210pp is 2 techs at best, 1 otherwise. especially if you have orbit SSA gs, having 210pp is literally meaningless outside of TA (very specific content). also, if you have no long-term experience with L-rings, you don't really have room to dismiss other's knowledge of their usefulness. of all the classes you could have made an example of, hero was the worst choice. swords normal are 21% less dps than vapor bullet and the best dps combos all use normal3 to begin with. TA is again the only place where a large pp pool is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    I do want to make a case for air reversal though. I do agree step jump is a must-have for literally every class atm. Air reversal, as you and mil mentioned is very quest-dependent. I did end up slotting it on a ghetto *12 that I use for maggy and underman/solo but its utility just goes from a must-have to a " why is that on my unit again" depending. Even something silly as A Rod Shoot mode feels more impactful in some quests, which says a lot
    as was said before, many rings feel much less impactful if you only play pug EQ and afk otherwise, particularly if you don't have boss aggro and are otherwise being ignored altogether to do whatever the hell you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexorcet View Post
    If you're going to run; but Ilzonde is one of the most mobile abilities in the game right now. With Bolt Tech PP Save it barely costs you anything and you can reduce the costs further with PP cost reducing special abilities.
    this is a situational contradiction. half the point of step jump on fo is so you can move with your orbit while you regen. you can't ilzonde if you are out of pp.