Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

If casual players just want to play the content, they can just stay in non expert blocks matching and not slow down people that just want to min max their time. But nahh, they have to tick the expert matching to play with the tryhards just because they can even though you can play the content just fine with it. And honestly, most players in the game are at the middle zone in terms of tryharding. They can probably clear the solo xq with their meh equips but cant be bothered to go fast on every single eq while the top 0.01% wants to.

P.S Solo xq is cheesable with hr and lifesteal weps, which i am sure is the next problem tryhards complain if the game implements solo xq as expert req.
    Last edited by AVO; Sep 24, 2018 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AVO View Post
    If casual players just want to play the content, they can just stay in non expert blocks matching and not slow down people that just want to min max their time. But nahh, they have to tick the expert matching to play with the tryhards just because they can even though you can play the content just fine with it. And honestly, most players in the game are at the middle zone in terms of tryharding. They can probably clear the solo xq with their meh equips but cant be bothered to go fast on every single eq while the top 0.01% wants to.

P.S Solo xq is cheesable with hr and lifesteal weps, which i am sure is the next problem tryhards complain if the game implements solo xq as expert req.
    If tryhard players want to speed up their runs, they'd run with their own people who also want to do the same. (Like plenty of teams do)

It's silly to jump into a random group and expect everyone to do what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    people even complain on expert matches cause some players still have unaffixed/poor gear or because they play badly and should not be playing on expert mode.

So, instead of forcing players with expert/non expert, they should just simply divide players who have affixed/unaffixed equipment and force the unaffixed ones to get at least 150 atk affix on each equipment or else no expert games for them

but just because you have high-end gear doesn't mean you are an expert player
    you can even be bad at the game with 200+ atk affixes
    just my opinion...
    as much as I wanted this in the past, i dont really wanted now because as you said, you can have end gear and still be bad at the game. I'd rather take something that'll make sure you know how to play your class efficiently to make it pass the Expert Req, not get carried by 3 friends/team mates/randos and be deemed an "expert"

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Casual players play low skill content made for casual players and wonder why everyone is mad at them. Hardcore players notice that it obviously can't really be casual content made for filthy casuals because BASED KIMURA threw us a timer there, and also the checkbox that's supposed to match me with only experts and every expert has to sign huge fucking ToS that state that they are only supposed to use their strongest class combo and play at full throttle any time they are matched with a checkbox user. God bless experts I can get the red crystal of pure and only fun in the game much faster now, or even more of it when I multiship.
    see your ranting comes off like your the casual, like your part of problem to all this and your seething over Expert players who actually have the skill and want to multi ship runs because being time gated to certain drops/EQ's kinda sucks and the more runs I can get to have a better chance at that drop but no, I got mr "just got carried through the Expert Req, I'm ready to leech!" over here not picking up the slack etc. Look at the Deus nerf, they should have kept it where it was but no, the casual filth went and complained about it and the Devs just made the entire thing gg ez no re in zero time flat to appease these people. If you and 11 other people cant clear a raid boss within one whole hour idk what to tell you but git gud, realistically they should have kept it at 30mins and make people pick up the pace

pro tip: just get carried through it with 3 other people and you're an expert now, have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post

see your ranting comes off like your the casual, like your part of problem to all this and your seething over Expert players who actually have the skill and want to multi ship runs because being time gated to certain drops/EQ's kinda sucks and the more runs I can get to have a better chance at that drop but no, I got mr "just got carried through the Expert Req, I'm ready to leech!" over here not picking up the slack etc. Look at the Deus nerf, they should have kept it where it was but no, the casual filth went and complained about it and the Devs just made the entire thing gg ez no re in zero time flat to appease these people. If you and 11 other people cant clear a raid boss within one whole hour idk what to tell you but git gud, realistically they should have kept it at 30mins and make people pick up the pace
    Yeah I come off as one because I have a shred of empathy for those casual players unlike certain, probably autism affected, people. People can also finish Expert Requirement all honest and still decide to enter play-at-my-own-pace mode with a joke class. You found yourself the premiere fun of the game being the rare drop sure, but apparently the game has so many systems other than waste time - receive digital proof of good boy, because you or at least chunk of playerbase are meant to enjoy all of the process before getting drops. Deus nerf wasn't the result of players failing a boss, that's what should be happening. It was the result of rush mentality with time gated content where people would rather focus on bandaid patches to rewards like making infallible EQs or the checkbox to help you filter unwanted players. All that instead of focusing on delivering some damn good quest design like Challenge Mode 1 especially without the gay onepoint meta.

Dem god dam filthy casuls ruin muh expewience!
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Yeah I come off as one because I have a shred of empathy for those casual players unlike certain, probably autism affected, people. People can also finish Expert Requirement all honest and still decide to enter play-at-my-own-pace mode with a joke class. You found yourself the premiere fun of the game being the rare drop sure, but apparently the game has so many systems other than waste time - receive digital proof of good boy, because you or at least chunk of playerbase are meant to enjoy all of the process before getting drops. Deus nerf wasn't the result of players failing a boss, that's what should be happening. It was the result of rush mentality with time gated content where people would rather focus on bandaid patches to rewards like making infallible EQs or the checkbox to help you filter unwanted players. All that instead of focusing on delivering some damn good quest design like Challenge Mode 1 especially without the gay onepoint meta.
    *tips fedora* okay mr contrarian

and they did nerf Deus because people kept constantly failing the EQ because of time restraint, HP total AND damage because casuals couldnt do it. meanwhile people who are ACTUALLY GOOD at the game had no issues clearing this boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    Yeah they are kinda stuck in a bit of a design hole here. You got Emergency Quests that put everybody on a 30 minute timer to clear it without entering the quest's failure state, or to clear it as many times+reach the clear limit before the half hour ends.

snip to save space
    This is one of the design problems, and a double edged sword. Either EQs become more available through either means, which means that anything that can be farmed by them will become even rarer / more time consuming to acquire, or you have the current situation where players have to reserve their spot a lot earlier in their desired block. Regarding multiblock, the current situation might be able to be improved upon, by automatically transporting whoever initiates a multi-block mpa to an empty block. So if I am in B-013, and B-013 is 50% full while B-014 is 10% full, then if I initiate a multiblock mpa I should be transfered to B-014, despite the fact that B-013 has room already. However this breaks down for groups that start as premade and later have to open to allow to be filled in with randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    2.) make everybody hard dps lmao
    I feel this is a missed opportunity on Sega's behalf to make every class have 2 "sub-classes"; one pure dps and 0 utility, and one with lower output and with utility. The stance system would actually help with that by allowing a player to change modes even during a quest. This could also solve the multiple Techer issue; just have 1 Techer stay in utility stance while the others stay in their pure dps one. However, either due to designer oversight or due to player demand, we have the current situation where nearly everything below a stance skill is available at all times passively.

Sega instead of letting hardcore players have hardcore content that lets casual players know they aren't playing well by repeatedly killing them and their party failing the quest, puts hardcore players in the same casual content casuals do, and there the only indication to a casual that he isn't doing well is how much a hardcore player bitches about clear times.
    There is hardcore content. EQ rematches, Endless Quest for high score, UQ...

But the comment about hardcore players bitching about clear times is unfortunately something that happens in every MMO, not just PSO2. A couple weeks ago I stumbled upon a discussion for World of Warcraft where players were demanding from Blizzard (the developer) to ban players who use chat in instanced content because "they make the run go slower". Really, the fact that we bitch about clear times is so hypocritical of us players. We demand hard and long content, but only as hard and long so that we ourselves clear it and everyone who is better than us. The moment that content appears that is hard enough that we cannot clear it, we start QQing that the developers are out of touch and do not know how to properly design a game and that the devs focus exclusively on no-life basement dwellers who hiss like vampires at the sight of the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    If tryhard players want to speed up their runs, they'd run with their own people who also want to do the same. (Like plenty of teams do)

It's silly to jump into a random group and expect everyone to do what you want to do.
    True. But its not absurd to ask players to grind their units and weps and not hold rising slash/pst0 and spam shrike and Brand New Star either.

True. But its not absurd to ask players to grind their units and weps and not hold rising slash/pst0 and spam shrike and Brand New Star either.
    the minimal is sometimes too much for people, this is literally all I ask for. even budget affixes are better than the default affix or w/e random stuff that the unit dropped came with. +35 (or +30) with even a decent affix is more than enough as well.

but what am i saying, +19 wep with +7 unit grind + rando junk affixes on units is apparently meta or something

Why not hold rising slash? If they find it fun, let them do it. Atleast they aren't just straight up afk'ing.