Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Hr lead to a lot of powercreep because it was intentionally better than the other classes by design. The plan was for the new classes to all be like that, but only have 1 per episode. The balancing only happened because people HATED having every class but hero get dropped off. Any new classes they add shouldn't be anywhere near as dramatically ahead of everything, if they are at all.

Personally I'd argue that it was a good thing because it prompted them to actually make the other classes more fun and fluid to play, which is something they needed for a while, even before Hr existed.
    How the fuck did high level boost or all those notation boosts for everyone make them more fluid? WLs are still a horrible weapon and those needed to be more fluid. Like what was the reason for Gunner getting Another Sroll Arts besides going from best single target class to best everything class? How would moving charge parrying from 0.7 second to 1.5 make Hunter more fluid? I hate how people eat up anything that makes them kill things faster and immediately praise Sega for it. Classes are less fun to play than ever because everything became mechanically easier, enemies didn't catch up, and the interclass balance sucks even harder. Fluidity is only as good as enemies are able to react to it, and there is a reason why Monster Hunter has its popularity, with even MHW receiving massive complains over lack of enemy AI changes justifying moveset enhancements.

We got double jump while Sega couldn't be bothered to make EP4 Ragne reskin have armored core or any attacks reaching a person unloading on it (just use the AQ AI). In fact most of pre EP5 stuff has various difficulties hitting upwards but we totally needed that double jump, or wonderful dashing PAs so we can exit quests even faster and make sure any TD derivative needs no proper splitting from the players.

As the saying goes, some classes get the better balance than the others.

*Looks at bo taking almost a year to get turn rates on dw and gw*

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Those new DF attacks .... seems hard to dodge ..... >_>

And, I guess it's attacks will depends on the mask (all DF so far?)

The last vid, in case anyone want to see it offline Official YouTube posted better version, so, I'll delete it
    Last edited by final_attack; Sep 25, 2018 at 09:23 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

new raid ShinDF somehow a combine form of all DF (´・ω・`)

Omega Profound Darkness/Greater Shadow(?)/Amplum Umbra(?) https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1043698556643631105
    test

is the new raid perhaps the Omega PD?

also I was expecting more on the stream :v

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    How the fuck did high level boost or all those notation boosts for everyone make them more fluid? WLs are still a horrible weapon and those needed to be more fluid.
    I wasn't talking about raw multipliers and you know it. Numbers are a lot easier to change than mechanics.

Like what was the reason for Gunner getting Another Sroll Arts besides going from best single target class to best everything class?
    That's just bad number balance and poor foresight, it had nothing to do with Hr anymore than Shunka or Su/Gu did. Sega makes those kinds of mistakes all the time.

How would moving charge parrying from 0.7 second to 1.5 make Hunter more fluid?
    I'm not even sure why you think this is some sort of balance outlier... But to answer the question, by making the skill easier to use. I'm not sure how that doesn't equate to fluidity to you.

I hate how people eat up anything that makes them kill things faster and immediately praise Sega for it.
    Then you're getting mad at the wrong person. I've had problems with the gameplay and clunkyness of the classes for a long time, even before Hr.

Classes are less fun to play than ever because everything became mechanically easier, enemies didn't catch up, and the interclass balance sucks even harder.
    I disagree that classes are less fun to play because they function more coherently. I also disagree that interclass balance is worse. It's honestly better, every class has a place and is good in a variety of endgame content. If anything is screwed up right now, it's subclass balance, but that's honestly a separate issue.

Fluidity is only as good as enemies are able to react to it, and there is a reason why Monster Hunter has its popularity, with even MHW receiving massive complains over lack of enemy AI changes justifying moveset enhancements.
    That goes both ways. A lot of classes had no ways to deal with a lot of the stuff enemies can do. Monster Hunter is a very different, more strategic type of game, don't try and tell me ep1 PSO2 had the same sort of flavor for anything other than raidbosses, which had, and still have in a lot of cases, the ability to "keep up" with players.

We got double jump while Sega couldn't be bothered to make EP4 Ragne reskin have armored core or any attacks reaching a person unloading on it (just use the AQ AI).
    Why are these somehow mutually exclusive, or even related. Also, what does range have to do with class design? I want enemies buffed to keep up too. That doesn't change the fact that everything used to be clunkier than it needed to be.

In fact most of pre EP5 stuff has various difficulties hitting upwards but we totally needed that double jump, or wonderful dashing PAs so we can exit quests even faster and make sure any TD derivative needs no proper splitting from the players.
    Quests being short has WAY more to do with how many mobs are in them, how tough they are, and how much you have to do than how fast players can move.

While I agree the game has had a problem with power creep in regards to old content, a lot of the old content was either really simple, or really slow anyway, and PSO2 is clearly meant to be a faster game, which is something I enjoy about these kinds of games.

from the trailer their title is Shin/real,true - DF maybe it like when double ate all DF but still can't tranform themself into PD
    Last edited by oratank; Sep 22, 2018 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    from the trailer their title is Shin/real,true - DF maybe it like when double ate all DF but still can't tranform themself into PD
    Persona probably had hold back whatever Shenanigens PD has, and then Elmir become its agent to reabsorb the falzes in omega and release its true power
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Omega Profound Darkness/Greater Shadow(?)/Amplum Umbra(?) https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1043698556643631105
    Boss looks cool, music is cool.

I'M IN.