Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

The fact it wears masks of other falzes is really cute

Look foward to me ruining it in my art thread in the near future.
    Last edited by Sayara; Sep 22, 2018 at 11:47 PM.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    The fact it wears masks of other falzes is really cute
    Talk about "Persona" swapping, eh?

.... I'll see myself out.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Now I wonder if we'll need to destroy those masks to kill it ..... or the mask just showing what attacks it'll use ......
    Seriously tho .... those lasers attack looks super hard to dodge >_>
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

all falz into one and super aggressive from what we got on raids so far. i am 200% in on this boss, the gameplay looks super exciting. finally some content to look forward to. now how about that gear

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Talk about "Persona" swapping, eh?

.... I'll see myself out.
    maybe emil was the original persona before player

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    How the fuck did high level boost or all those notation boosts for everyone make them more fluid? WLs are still a horrible weapon and those needed to be more fluid. Like what was the reason for Gunner getting Another Sroll Arts besides going from best single target class to best everything class? How would moving charge parrying from 0.7 second to 1.5 make Hunter more fluid? I hate how people eat up anything that makes them kill things faster and immediately praise Sega for it. Classes are less fun to play than ever because everything became mechanically easier, enemies didn't catch up, and the interclass balance sucks even harder. Fluidity is only as good as enemies are able to react to it, and there is a reason why Monster Hunter has its popularity, with even MHW receiving massive complains over lack of enemy AI changes justifying moveset enhancements.

We got double jump while Sega couldn't be bothered to make EP4 Ragne reskin have armored core or any attacks reaching a person unloading on it (just use the AQ AI). In fact most of pre EP5 stuff has various difficulties hitting upwards but we totally needed that double jump, or wonderful dashing PAs so we can exit quests even faster and make sure any TD derivative needs no proper splitting from the players.
    While I don't agree with some of the buffs we got, most of them effectively made a more even ground without breaking everything
    - Dashing : seriously, wanting to go back to "be BR sub to get access to Guren or fuck off" ? because I sure as hell don't miss that era
    -Stance and skill activation. Any Bouncer would tell you this is the best change in history
    - First Arts and Double jump. I had the same issue with double jump at first but turns out if you look at it, vertically challenged classes still can't fight or stay in the air any better. most of the stuff still hits you at double jump height anyway, and classes that could cheese enemies by flying high didn't need double jump to do so in the first place. First Arts is properly balanced to not be exploited, it only lets you bypass normals to do it (any Ranger would tell you this vastly improved fluidity without giving some sort of unfair advantage). Most skill and skill tree buffs were also welcome changes that got

I do agree some of the power increase buffs were necessary, and that Hero damage (and only specifically that) should have been nerfed instead, but I also know a lot of the playerbase would have disliked bringing the good old nerf hammer to Hero, especially if it were to bring it to the early Ep5 nerfed state.

Also, new raid looks rad as hell ! Can't wait to get that
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Sep 23, 2018 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    snip
    "Fluidity" doesn't mean jack shit when it's achieved at the cost of player's agency, the most important aspect of action games. You might as well be saying Easy Automatic is the superior way to play Devil May Cry games, because mashing a single button produces all the stylish combos you'd need. You might as well be saying anime is the superior form of art to videogames, because you can see all of the action by pressing a single "Play" button.

The whole point of making things more fluid is to make players feel more in control. And I don't mean "control" and in absolute control over the situation, I mean better means of engagement with the game's world. What's the point of having tons of enemies attacking you if, instead of planning your maneuvers around them, you can hold down a PA button to negate all of the incoming damage and be rewarded with a full PP bar? Those enemies might as well not be there. The game might as well not be there.

Hero might have a huge amount of block and iframes, but to actually do well you have to use riskier moves. Hero's fluidity was not achieved through infinite invulnerability, it was achieved through careful consideration of each animation - how long should each part of a PA take, how should it look, how far it should move you, how does it relate to player's input, when and what kind of freedoms should it give you etc. Quite a few of essential Hunter's PAs, Ranger's attacks and techniques have delays from the moment the player does the input to when the attack begins (for example, Sacred Skewer-T0 throw animation, Launcher's reloads on basic attacks and Divine Launcher T-0, Rafoie's cast animation), creating a huge perception of disconnect between player and the character. A fuck ton of ranged PAs have issues with camera control in TPS mode. Quite a few melee PAs have no reason to move your character away from the enemy, yet they do. This is the kind of thing they should've focused on.

You've been talking about "coherency" in how classes play? Well, here's what we got. Over End, a PA that was supposed to be the ultimate attack that rendered you vulnerable, was shit due to shit damage. It still does shit damage, but now its sole identifying element is gone, because you can just cancel it at any point. Rodeo Drive T-0 now has a turning radius of 0, but its animation hasn't changed at all; it doesn't lean on turns (you know, like motorcycles and jets), so it looks and feels like shit, despite practicality and decent damage. Same thing's about Asagiri - at its old speed it simply felt right, now it's just uncanny. If they at least gave it a bunch of sparkles at the start of the animation and on turns, or maybe made a camera go to the enemy before the character to give it a more cinematic feel, it'd feel so much more satisfying. DB's weapon-defining throwing blade gimmick is still vastly inferior to Hero's sword, despite adjustments. S-Roll Arts render everything else useless, yet S-Roll itself feels like ass to use with its small range and heavily restricted maneuverability, which is a sin for a class that usually prided for its mobility. If S-Roll allowed you to somewhat freely "slide" around during its execution, like in Bayonetta or Nier Automata, it would be the sickest shit. WLs are still utter ass, as it's been said before, and making them deal more damage only makes players have to deal with their asinine design much more often. Man, I could go on...

Yes, we did get some actually good changes (had to wait way too long for some of the best ones, like First JA and some skill rings becoming defaults, though), but the other shallow buffs simply overshadow them, as the game ultimately feels way less like an action game and more like a glorified rhythm game with ridiculously long input windows.
    Last edited by isCasted; Sep 23, 2018 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    S-Roll Arts render everything else useless, yet S-Roll itself feels like ass to use with its small range and heavily restricted maneuverability, which is a sin for a class that usually prided for its mobility.
    Gunner? Gunner was being praised by it's mobility? By who? Gunner for the longest time was just a Burst machine. Even back in the day people would S-Roll into Namegid simply because S-Roll JA was a massive 200% boost, instead of just 110% Front S-Roll wasn't even a thing before EP4 and Grim barrage only went forward like 2 steps before starting to shoot. What a mobile class.

Also if we're gonna talk about fluidity we have to look no further than what Sega is releasing soon for Bows and Jet Boots. These are mechanical improvements, not just numbers being turned up. I personally hope more weapons, like Wands, WL etc will see such improvements in the future but these things obviously take time.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    S-Roll Arts render everything else useless
    Kinda funny for a class that reached "Gu X" in some party description back then
    Was the first class that reached that level of treatment ...... wasn't it?

Oh, and ..... " Arks Live " hosted by Ichitaro usually contains info regarding future balance / patch / content wasn't it?
    I wonder if it'll take about 2018 winter in roadmap or the XH free field ....
    There's one on Oct 6th at 2000 JST
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    CUT
    First of all we still got the numbers needlessly to make sure enemy effective HP is even worse than before. Second would be that Sroll Arts might be oversight or whatever but that does show that Sega can't patch their oversights nowadays like they did with Meteor Cudgel infinite winds in EP3, and a new class is even more opportunity for oversights that transform into all around buffs for everyone which can become yet more oversights.

And no, easy to use != fluid. Those examples were to show that Sega precisely didn't touch class fluidity with their anti hero buffs. Hunter could have Nova Strike finally fixed to be at least cancellable or move you a bit horizontally, but nope, have charge parrying buff that just kinda lets you hold your charge longer if you see enemy attack instead of blocking. WL managed to get jackshit to fix its huge dependence on tanking hits because Other Cyclone and Holding Current both do amazing damage and are clunky uncancellable PAs on a class that can make itself semi-immortal with proper build and no real DPS loss.

I also can't see how classes have their place nowadays. Hunter/Bouncer/Braver all do the same shit of being full HP classes with strong defensive skills that hit things in melee sans the bow. Bouncer fields are still a joke too. Fighter is different from the three by just being better, and also having to work with 25% hp, which is constantly fixed by making LB not kill you or by defence stacking and Iron Will. Gunner now after it learned to mob makes all of those irrelevant because it has better AoE, similar safety even as /Fi, and incredible DPS. Techer amazingly still has one place per MPA and any more is useless. I mean you can just look at Sega's slides about class roles. All rounder with a bit of support, all rounder, UNIVERSAL, ranged DPS, melee DPS, it's all the same shit. All rounders just do DPS, universal just does DPS, DPS just does DPS but is also supposed to be better at it than all rounders that offer nothing more. Sega by trying to make game more "fluid"" just removes even the small differences like mobbing/bossing orientation between classes.

I don't see how classes weren't able to deal with enemies pre EP5. Force in EP4 alone got many mobility buffs. Ranger got what exact fixes in EP5 to help its reliance on Super Armor and HP? Even then when you think of what classes couldn't handle you can only think in solo terms in a multiplayer game, and solo quest ideas of KMR can fuck themselves.