Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

sroll arts a.mode is lame because if they wanted gunner to be better at fighting crowds, they should have focused more on buffing it's AoE PAs. heck even give stuff like shift period a damage boost for hitting things outside of ZRA just to compensate for targets being outside of ZRA's range; as long as it doenst somehow become better IN zero range advance vs single targets.

a lot of pre-EP3 PAs got balance and conceptual issues just because pscrew focused on doing cool stuff with the weapons, seemingly without much thought put into overlap or practicality; not to mention how the game was much much slower back then too. That's more than likely why Bouncer weapons got fewer PAs than the other weapon types, they focused more on making sure there were as little redundancies as possible.

anyway; the one thing I can take away from s.roll a.mode is that it gave me some insight into what the original intention of the s.roll up/arts skills were supposed to be: a way for gunner to keep it'd DPS up while building chain trigger, but a lot of that idea gets invalidated when you have party members to help out; especially other party members with tmgs.

what I think they should do is just kill SP entirely and make all of the skills free but locked behind class level gates; just make sure all of the current skills are available by like level 70 or 75. sure that would invalidate people buying multiple skill trees, but it solves a lot of the "bad skill" problems on a lot of the trees. can't have a bad skill if there's no reason to -not- take it. and other benefits would include things like Fighter and hunter mains being able to actually use both of their stances

A thread about TGS devolving into nonsense about the games shitty balance. If its such a problem just play hu/fi so everything is marginally more annoying. Or use shitty gear to simulate balanced enemy strength. Otherwise, no point complaining since this is a game made with a casual audience in mind. Players who just want to spend $$$ to dress up their character so they can get boners while they play with sega fully complicit since it makes them big bucks, just to wait 6 months for the smallest of changes.

In a macroscopic sense this game isn't that poorly balanced, but just try to solo guides of creation/endless on any class you want.

this thread went to shit jesus christ

oh right so uh, if we're fighting a giant torso

and this has that same torso but with legs:
    https://puu.sh/ByXBz/5dc3514753.jpg

does that mean we're getting a re-imagined olga flow 2 fight?

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    But I guess it's also playerbase that's half at fault here, that we need to gatekeep players out of easy multiplayer quests with harder singeplayer quests because other players not only want to finish their easy quests, but also do it fast so that they can cram 5 runs on 5 different ships in a single EQ.
    imagine being so casual that you feel the need to be angry because YOU cant tackle quests that expect you to KNOW how to play your class. So you try the new solo XQ a few times, cant get pass Deus then rage quit (or get carried by others therefore allowing you to never actually get better) because you refuse to learn to "git gud" and play your class at your best, even if its just for that one clear.

They should have made the 6mill solo XQ title a requirement, would benefit the people who are competent with their class get better quality runs than those who just spam BNS on everything including bosses. Hell make the last solo XQ the req instead or something

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    oh right so uh, if we're fighting a giant torso

and this has that same torso but with legs:
    https://puu.sh/ByXBz/5dc3514753.jpg

does that mean we're getting a re-imagined olga flow 2 fight?
    god i hope Olga Flow makes a return

The Mini Suit Request Election better have Kakwane Suit Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    igod i hope Olga Flow makes a return
    fighting olga flow, or something like that, but now in a game where we can actually jump

that's all I've ever wanted

the weird scaffolding mechanic they had in psp2/i doesnt count.

EDIT: oh right a friend of mine pointed out, the full body in the silhouette might just be the humanoid/hunar we fight in 5-6, with the main fight happening in December.
    Last edited by Zorak000; Sep 23, 2018 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    you do realize that literally the only thing different about gunner lv80 and lv85 is that they're not shit at mobbing
    one of the many reasons sroll is so strong is that it can be used at very low pp cost to build chain while vastly increasing DPS compared to normal attacks. combine that with if whatever you are chaining has added mobs around it (endless) will die WHILE you prep your chain.
    you do realize that hero executed properly can outperform a solo gunner in most cases since gunner peaks best when with party members (gu gu ra te) whereas hero doesnt require that
    if this were true, hero would have better raid solo times/endless score than gu which is horrendously inaccurate.
    you do realize that on certain bosses, braver/ranger/bouncer can keep pace with (and sometimes exceed) gunner
    isolated cases at best, the norm is far from the truth here.
    you do realize that playing gunner in endless isn't a free instant win for solo one lap (it's easier than doing it on other classes for sure)
    you literally contradicted yourself in a single sentence
    you do realize that other classes have ways of invalidating the danger of a pack of mobs with mini-bosses thrown in
    none compare to sroll arts besides perhaps compounds or 9hit maron, and those have a 120 second cooldown or require hyper aggressive spawns which are not nearly always the case, particularly in a pug setting.

there is a reason gunner is sitting around with 2lap clear + 5-10 stages into lap3 when soloing, while all other classes at best struggle to get to third or fourth interval in lap2 with god rng and ares buffs at best.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    if this were true, hero would have better raid solo times/endless score than gu which is horrendously inaccurate.
    when i said solo, i meant as a solo player not in a party in an mpa boss like omega loser/mother/deus. if you're in the middle of a chain and the boss phases, you can lose a lot of damage where other classes don't have to worry about that as much (e.g. fighter or hero). obviously, it's just because you don't have direct control over the phasing of a fight. sometimes you start to chain a part and it just breaks before you can pop it. i know full well that in solo boss mpa kills, gunner has the fastest times. i worded it poorly and honestly the entire scenario i was trying to explain is kinda pointless anyway because it's in a 12 person mpa lol

when i said solo, i meant as a solo player not in a party in an mpa boss like omega loser/mother/deus. if you're in the middle of a chain and the boss phases, you can lose a lot of damage where other classes don't have to worry about that as much (e.g. fighter or hero). obviously, it's just because you don't have direct control over the phasing of a fight. sometimes you start to chain a part and it just breaks before you can pop it. i know full well that in solo boss mpa kills, gunner has the fastest times. i worded it poorly and honestly the entire scenario i was trying to explain is kinda pointless anyway because it's in a 12 person mpa lol
    i'm aware of what you meant. if you use a chain when a boss is close to phasing, that has nothing to do with the class. it means you don't know hp thresholds.