Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    i'm aware of what you meant. if you use a chain when a boss is close to phasing, that has nothing to do with the class. it means you don't know hp thresholds.
    gotta be on that fast side of serpents during Deus so your CT doesnt get interrupted

but with what you said can also be applied to Hero Time, all about the dmg thresholds and just general timings

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    oh right so uh, if we're fighting a giant torso

and this has that same torso but with legs:
    https://puu.sh/ByXBz/5dc3514753.jpg

does that mean we're getting a re-imagined olga flow 2 fight?
    Wooooow I just noticed it, but the resemblance to Olga Flow is definitely right there. I hope it's true because the mechanics of the original fight were pretty much not made for the original PSO (like the whole familiar killing deal on top of tanking huge swipes and ceiling crumbling on you) but with some work, it could fit PSO2 gameplay perfectly . Here's to hoping it's not just the final Hunar that just happens to resemble Olga Flow.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Sep 24, 2018 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    While I don't agree with some of the buffs we got, most of them effectively made a more even ground without breaking everything
    - Dashing : seriously, wanting to go back to "be BR sub to get access to Guren or fuck off" ? because I sure as hell don't miss that era
    -Stance and skill activation. Any Bouncer would tell you this is the best change in history
    - First Arts and Double jump.
    I know it's so yesterday but I wanted to react to this.
    Dashing: make Guren and Asagiri unspammable. Presto, you don't have a class that can teleport through a map in 20 seconds and other classes don't get jealous and ask for the same crap to be implemented. (I'm looking at you Wand PA)
    Quite seriously, running should be the fastest option available, at all times. Running is the thing you do when you gotta go fast and get somewhere. It makes no sense that somehow, running is slower than just about any sequence of PA.
    Have PAs do some special moves and allow to reach higher places/avoid traps, sure. No problem with that. But make them unspammable. You want to move fast from one point to another? Run. Don't go dash-jump-dash-dash-PA-LA cancel on an autoword and spam. Fuck that.
    Stance and skill activation: I haven't tried it yet but I have never taken any of those BO secific skills precisely because activating and managing them looked like a huge hassle. I feel like this is a rwal quality of life improvement.
    First Art: look at you skill tree, place points in step advance, unlock step attack, there you go. You had first arts since day one, you were just too lazy. Fuck whoever requested that.
    Double Jump: Boots user be like "erm...". It was their entire shtick. It never got used properly, sure, but it was their entire shtick.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Yeah they are kinda stuck in a bit of a design hole here. You got Emergency Quests that put everybody on a 30 minute timer to clear it without entering the quest's failure state, or to clear it as many times+reach the clear limit before the half hour ends. Then you got the fact that you are generally stuck with the people in the block you are currently in, or more importantly, you CANNOT join any joinable MPAs in blocks that are either full (non-premium) or doublefull (premium). Multi-block matching still gets blocked if there is a joinable MPA in a full or doublefull block, leaving both the person looking for an MPA and the joinable MPA out in the dark. Meanwhile, the half-hour time limit to begin the quest means they cannot rely on a queue system, much less a queue system that could filter people by class/role.

Hence why I assume they have been trying to make every class more independent for DPS output, since we cannot control who is in our parties and MPAs without organizing in advance. While making weapon types cover their own weaknesses better means people can focus on their favorite weapons more, it also feels like its making everything more generic. like, I'm happy for the people who REALLY want to use a single weapon type, but as somebody who likes using the best tool for the situation, it's kinda leaving me feeling a bit empty since the choice hardly matters. Not to mention, this also a blow to people who enjoy supporting roles (healing/buffing/debuffing/tanking), since if everybody can operate independently, they'll feel that they aren't much of a contribution to the effort. That's been a feeling I've noticed building up more and more over time with a good chunk of my friends who main hunter or techer almost exclusively.

you could say "well that's just how the game is", but the issue is that the game still gives people the option to create a support-based build, even if all it does is make them slow the MPA down, especially if there is another player in the MPA with the same build (mainly looking at the problem facing multiple techers in an MPA here).

About the only options they seem to have about this kind of thing are:
    1a.) Make MPA instances independent of lobby instances
    1b.) Change EQ availability; either make them available a lot longer, or expand the EQ trigger format
    1c.) If content requires a specific amount of support skills in the MPA; implement a system to reserve space in the MPA instance for somebody with one or all of those skills.

2.) make everybody hard dps lmao
    Last edited by Zorak000; Sep 24, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    I know it's so yesterday but I wanted to react to this.
    Dashing: make Guren and Asagiri unspammable. Presto, you don't have a class that can teleport through a map in 20 seconds and other classes don't get jealous and ask for the same crap to be implemented. (I'm looking at you Wand PA)
    Quite seriously, running should be the fastest option available, at all times. Running is the thing you do when you gotta go fast and get somewhere. It makes no sense that somehow, running is slower than just about any sequence of PA.
    Have PAs do some special moves and allow to reach higher places/avoid traps, sure. No problem with that. But make them unspammable. You want to move fast from one point to another? Run. Don't go dash-jump-dash-dash-PA-LA cancel on an autoword and spam. Fuck that.
    Stance and skill activation: I haven't tried it yet but I have never taken any of those BO secific skills precisely because activating and managing them looked like a huge hassle. I feel like this is a rwal quality of life improvement.
    First Art: look at you skill tree, place points in step advance, unlock step attack, there you go. You had first arts since day one, you were just too lazy. Fuck whoever requested that.
    Double Jump: Boots user be like "erm...". It was their entire shtick. It never got used properly, sure, but it was their entire shtick.
    movement: I mostly agree, though I find that bullet jumping in Warframe is really fun, so maybe there's a truth somewhere in the middle of holding W and extreme technical movement inputs. also as the speed of the game increases, I assume the need for faster and longer-ranged gap-closing on melee weapons also goes up; so making them unspamable is a tricky situation in how one makes goes about achieving that goal without making melee ineffective compared to guns and techs.
    stance/skill activation: yeah bouncer's subpallet is really crowded between class skills, healing techs/consumable items, photon/dark blast, and techs for changing jet boot elements. especially for people using a controller.
    first art: it's not lazy, it's much slower than just using the PA. really this is counter-intuitive to what you were talking about with movement tech. not to mention I like being able to setup standing snipe for ranger PAs without needing to use a "primer" PA first, or in launcher's case, being able to go right into a pp-cost reduced sphere eraser without having to spend a bullet charge becuase almost every launcher PA either has a significant startup cost or breaks standing snipe by the time the JA window appears
    double jump: it's not boot's entire shtick, I assume pscrew realized that double jumping is just too good to only have on boots and hero. it's a real quality of life improvement tbh. Not to mention boots and hero still have One More Jump, so they can still climb up darker walls and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    imagine being so casual that you feel the need to be angry because YOU cant tackle quests that expect you to KNOW how to play your class. So you try the new solo XQ a few times, cant get pass Deus then rage quit (or get carried by others therefore allowing you to never actually get better) because you refuse to learn to "git gud" and play your class at your best, even if its just for that one clear.

They should have made the 6mill solo XQ title a requirement, would benefit the people who are competent with their class get better quality runs than those who just spam BNS on everything including bosses. Hell make the last solo XQ the req instead or something

god i hope Olga Flow makes a return
    Why would you assume I can't clear solo XQ3, and that's the only reason behind my hatred of Sega's progressions system? I cleared it , day 1 counting from the first day I was logged in after its release. My entire point is that the benefit of clearing solo XQ is retarded. You are done with a hard quest or at least harder than usual, and then you get your license to make other quest easier. There is no logical progression. Solo XQ should unlock some sub-difficulty or even new party quests where everything hits like that Hunar but is also scaled to level 85 MPA HP + expert player bonus, of course higher rates of gear and some sidegrades to currently best weapons (because we don't want casuals angry). Currently it's like you playing an RTS with 11 other easy AIs against 12 enemy AIs at level easy, then you solo a quest that's you versus normal AI, just so you can retake those same quests but this time it's 11 hard AIs with you against 12 easy enemy AIs.

Sega instead of letting hardcore players have hardcore content that lets casual players know they aren't playing well by repeatedly killing them and their party failing the quest, puts hardcore players in the same casual content casuals do, and there the only indication to a casual that he isn't doing well is how much a hardcore player bitches about clear times.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Sega instead of letting hardcore players have hardcore content that lets casual players know they aren't playing well by repeatedly killing them and their party failing the quest, puts hardcore players in the same casual content casuals do, and there the only indication to a casual that he isn't doing well is how much a hardcore player bitches about clear times.
    it wouldnt matter if they mixed in hardcore and casual (like they do now), people can whine and complain the mpa, no matter whats said the casual low skill player is never going to pick up the pace. almost playing with that leech-like mindset really,
    "oh i play at my own pace!" nice, heres your participation trophy

people even complain on expert matches cause some players still have unaffixed/poor gear or because they play badly and should not be playing on expert mode.

So, instead of forcing players with expert/non expert, they should just simply divide players who have affixed/unaffixed equipment and force the unaffixed ones to get at least 150 atk affix on each equipment or else no expert games for them

but just because you have high-end gear doesn't mean you are an expert player
    you can even be bad at the game with 200+ atk affixes

just my opinion...
    Last edited by NightlightPro; Sep 24, 2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    it wouldnt matter if they mixed in hardcore and casual (like they do now), people can whine and complain the mpa, no matter whats said the casual low skill player is never going to pick up the pace. almost playing with that leech-like mindset really,
    "oh i play at my own pace!" nice, heres your participation trophy
    Casual players play low skill content made for casual players and wonder why everyone is mad at them. Hardcore players notice that it obviously can't really be casual content made for filthy casuals because BASED KIMURA threw us a timer there, and also the checkbox that's supposed to match me with only experts and every expert has to sign huge fucking ToS that state that they are only supposed to use their strongest class combo and play at full throttle any time they are matched with a checkbox user. God bless experts I can get the red crystal of pure and only fun in the game much faster now, or even more of it when I multiship.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    people even complain on expert matches cause some players still have unaffixed/poor gear or because they play badly and should not be playing on expert mode.

So, instead of forcing players with expert/non expert, they should just simply divide players who have affixed/unaffixed equipment and force the unaffixed ones to get at least 150 atk affix on each equipment or else no expert games for them

but just because you have high-end gear doesn't mean you are an expert player
    you can even be bad at the game with 200+ atk affixes

just my opinion...
    the problem with separating through affixes is that the prices of the affix market are heavily stacked against satk. It's so ridiculously more expensive to run Satk, and even then the prices fluxate on a per ship basis; so in order to allow all players of all attack types on all ships to be able to afford affixing to X amount, you have to set the bar low. And even then that might not be enough and you'd prob have to do something to the market it make the most expensive attack type more affordable.

it's has been, still is, and always will be a bad idea to gate players based off of affixes. not to mention; like what you said you can still be bad with good affixes, and you can be good with sub-standard affixes.