Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default looking for help with a Tech crafts list

So i have this old list here from uh episode 3 or 4? not sure how long ago this list was made and I'm looking to have it checked and corrected for whether or not these are the best to use. I know for sure some of these are outdated. Also if you can provide a short why each is used over other craft that'd be very helpful

Blazing Foie
    Blazing Gifoie
    Blazing Rafoie
    Safoie - 0 type
    Multi Shifta
    Blazing Nafoie
    Concentrated Ilfoie

Barta* You don't really use it for anything but if you do Ice Fang
    Gibarta Ice Fang
    Multi Rabarta
    Sabarta Ice Fang - Sabarta is mostly used for weapons like Elysion and sarafi jb
    Multi Deband
    Ice Fang Nabarta - Elysion
    Ice Fang Ilbarta

Zonde - Type-0 for pure dps. TA
    Gizonde power if not TA (need -8 pp)
    Power Razonde - Can be a replacement for zonden with pp craft reduction in TA if you want type 0 zonde.
    Power Sazonde doesn't need craft but if you want it you get power craft and use the elysion
    Ilzonde - Charge time reduction

Zan - Charge time reduction
    Gizan - Never use but if you do it's up to you.
    Razan - Multi does more damage than power
    Sazan - PP reduction
    Nazan - Type-0 broke this skill in terms of damage. It's pretty good. #1 best wind technique.
    Zanverse - Charge time reduction. You can use this for a quick charge into compound techs.
    Ilzan - Charge time reduction does more DPS overall than wide.

Power Grants - really good with elysion and sarafi JB especially if you're TeBr
    Gigrants - One of the techs you don't really use but if you want to craft it I would play around and see what works better for you. Most people prefer charge time for amdu TA
    Ragrants - Charge time reduction also does way more dps than brilliant especially if you get a high craft
    Resta - More power. Non-charged resta almost always fully fills your hp
    Anti - PP reduction unless you're a techer support main then you want to get concentrated. Anti on FoTe is mostly use to get the benefits of super treatment.
    Nagrants - Multi hit to status effect bosses.
    Ilgrants - Swift because it's mostly used for status effect

Megid - Power
    Gimegid - Charge time reduction. Mostly used for bosses who don't move a lot, does a TON of damage.
    Ramegid - Typo-0
    Samegid - Charge time but it's not used at all.
    Namegid - Power craft. Takes a long time to charge but can do a lot of damage.
    Ilmegid - Power craft

First off what class you playing as.
    You don't use Swift Ilgrants, not even for the status effect. Brilliant Ilgrants with level 85 Fo skill is insane DPS, Better than Ragrants.
    You should also not bother with Elysion anymore. That Wand is heavily outdated.

Just going through a few off the top of my head. EP 5 actually allows for some choice and flexibility.

Barta - is now pretty solid DPS for low cost, especially for ranged enemies in a line. I use efficient, but both crafts are good. Probably leans more toward Ice Fang with the PP Restorate buff.
    Gibarta - both are good, I don't actually use it much as Barta is better DPS and still efficient and Rabarta is better DPS with decent AoE and freeze
    Rabarta - both good, Multi if you want freeze for niche situations or else Ice Fang for higher DPS if I remember
    Nabarta - Type 0, it's a shield now
    Ice Fang Ilbarta - DPS, efficiency, synergy with level 85 Photon Flare

Ilzonde - doesn't need a craft for best movement anymore (best is uncharged)

Ilzan - I use wide, I use it as utility and use other techs for damage

Grants - Heavily buffed, both are good, I prefer Brilliant since PP cost isn't that high
    Gigrants - Type 0, amazing AoE tech, must have
    Ragrants - Brilliant now does comparable DPS to Concentrated. With level 85 Photon Flare it's actually better than Concentrated for the 20 second duration of the charge speed buff. I'd say keep Concentrated in general though because you have Ilgrants
    Anti - I went Concentrated even on Fo, it doesn't cost much with Te skills and most top weapons have space for further PP cost down. Using charged lets you hit people not directly next to you to gain Super Treatment PP buff.
    Nagrants - More for mobs than boss
    Ilgrants - Brilliant for Ragrants level DPS at less PP cost and max status effect. You could use Swift for ranged light DPS a bit higher than Grants, but that's not the ideal use for it in most situations.

Gimegid - both good. Power has comparable DPS to Concentrated but is more efficient. Concentrated lets you fit more casts into windows of opportunity.
    Samegid - Both good, I'd take the opposite of whatever you craft Gimegid to. This is now a high DPS, long range/shotgun tech (terrible at mid range)

Your best bet is to head over to pso2.swiki and check out the DPS tables. There are seperate pages for each element but they are easy enough to navigate, here's the fire one for example.

Use google translate if you can't read the kana.

People recommend Brilliants Ilgrants all the time but how do you actually hit with that? I miss easily with uncrafted Ilgrantz, by the time the stars arrive at the target's location the target moved away and the stars career off into the distance.
    Only with speed craft can I hit reliably. Brilliant craft is a lot slower than even uncrafted Ilgrants so I doubt it can hit reliably and if several stars miss the dps will inevitably be low regardless of craft.

I can't imagine brilliant craft being able to reliably hit enemies that aren't stationary.

Swiki says sped craft Ilgrants loses accuracy at short range but I don't remember Ilgrants being at all accurate at tmg range or closer even uncrafted.
    Does slowing it down mean it can hit more accurately at short range? Would there even be a point considering it turns into another short range tech like Ragrants?
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; May 24, 2019 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    People recommend Brilliants Ilgrants all the time but how do you actually hit with that? I miss easily with uncrafted Ilgrantz, by the time the stars arrive at the target's location the target moved away and the stars career off into the distance.
    Only with speed craft can I hit reliably. Brilliant craft is a lot slower than even uncrafted Ilgrants so I doubt it can hit reliably and if several stars miss the dps will inevitably be low regardless of craft.

I can't imagine brilliant craft being able to reliably hit enemies that aren't stationary.

Swiki says sped craft Ilgrants loses accuracy at short range but I don't remember Ilgrants being at all accurate at tmg range or closer even uncrafted.
    Does slowing it down mean it can hit more accurately at short range? Would there even be a point considering it turns into another short range tech like Ragrants?
    You usually don't use ilgrants unless you can be sure they will hit the target. Brilliant Grants is used in situations when neither ragrants nor ilgrants would hit the target

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    You usually don't use ilgrants unless you can be sure they will hit the target. Brilliant Grants is used in situations when neither ragrants nor ilgrants would hit the target
    Pretty much this. You use illgrants over grants or ragrants for a single target at short distance when you're sure there won't be obstruction or movement.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

But, then you just replace a reliable high dps long range tech with a short range tech even more situational than ragrants, sounds quite pointless cause crafted Ragrants doesn't have much less dps than crafted Ilgrants but this way you lack an entire tool for a common situation and have to use like Grants, which has considerably less dps.

I really don't understand the reasoning.
    Even less so for Phantom since tech short charge means brilliant ragrants is better but brilliant ilgrants still won't hit more reliably.

But, then you just replace a reliable high dps long range tech with a short range tech even more situational than ragrants, sounds quite pointless cause crafted Ragrants doesn't have much less dps than crafted Ilgrants but this way you lack an entire tool for a common situation and have to use like Grants, which has considerably less dps.

Even less so for Phantom since tech short charge means brilliant ragrants is better but brilliant ilgrants still won't hit more reliably.
    It's due to minmaxing. You can definitely not get Brilliant Ilgrants and retain Uncrafted or Swift Ilgrants for away / far away targets. However the absolute optimal for Light-weak enemies is exactly what the above posters have suggested. I do not know how worse Brilliant Ragrants is compared to Brilliant Ilgrants for single target, but the difference shouldn't be large enough to make Brilliant Ilgrants outright required for Tech users.

Assuming perfect crafts, brilliant ragrants is ~10% less than brilliant ilgrants. Ilgrants also has much better DPP. Idk how you're using ilgrants, but ragrants is way more situational than ilgrants. Ragrants requires your target to absolutely not be moving, meanwhile ragrants has short tracking for slightly mobile targets. Assuming you're close to your target and you're reading its movements correctly, brilliant ilgrants should always be hitting.
    Brilliant grants is ~15% less than uncrafted ilgrants, but grants has better dpp and is a guaranteed hit and uncrafted ilgrants can still miss/be obstructed.