Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Also, which craft is better depends on class combo
    Due to the way Phantom Main and sub reduces charge time by 50% and damage by 30% stuff like Brilliant Ra Grants become more powerful while Concentrated Ra Grants becomes weaker.
    Ilgrants doesn't suffer from this and Brilliant remains the best craft.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; May 29, 2019 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    But, then you just replace a reliable high dps long range tech with a short range tech even more situational than ragrants, sounds quite pointless cause crafted Ragrants doesn't have much less dps than crafted Ilgrants but this way you lack an entire tool for a common situation and have to use like Grants, which has considerably less dps.

I really don't understand the reasoning.
    Even less so for Phantom since tech short charge means brilliant ragrants is better but brilliant ilgrants still won't hit more reliably.
    part of the problem is you're only looking at on-paper dps, not practicality. perhaps footage will help show you why. some relevant times to check in the second video start at 11:05, 18:49 for why power ragrants is used, 25:38 for more ilgrants, 30:13, 31:56. djnata is the only force player to get 70M in endless, so if you really want to learn some strats watch him a lot.
    Spoiler!

Thanks a lot, that really convinced me. Off to get a good Brilliant Ilgrants craft!

Just leaves one tech I really don't understand.
    For the time being I don't think I'll play FoTe so this is about pure Phantom casting.

Gigrants T0 eats pp at a truly absurd rate and I really don't see how that is better than one of regular Gigrants crafts because when I tried it I had to stop to refill pp every few seconds. I switched back to Brilliant but iirc I can hold it for under 10 seconds at 210ish pp.
    Dps is higher than a regular craft but considering more than one or two casts of it, really feels like the pp refill required with T0 drops the dps down notably below a regular craft.

Despite my Spirited Response S1 + S2 + Radiating Grace 2 gs (432% pp refill when sheathed) refilling pp this much eats a lot of time.
    Does anyone got some accurate data on the final dps over a few minutes of Gigrants T0 vs the same fight with Brilliant Gigrants?

Thanks a lot, that really convinced me. Off to get a good Brilliant Ilgrants craft!

For the time being I don't think I'll play FoTe so this is about pure Phantom casting.

Gigrants T0 eats pp at a truly absurd rate and I really don't see how that is better than one of regular Gigrants crafts because when I tried it I had to stop to refill pp every few seconds. I switched back to Brilliant but iirc I can hold it for under 10 seconds at 210ish pp.
    Dps is higher than a regular craft but considering more than one or two casts of it, really feels like the pp refill required with T0 drops the dps down notably below a regular craft.

Despite my Spirited Response S1 + S2 + Radiating Grace 2 gs (432% pp refill when sheathed) refilling pp this much eats a lot of time.
    Does anyone got some accurate data on the final dps over a few minutes of Gigrants T0 vs the same fight with Brilliant Gigrants?
    idk when the last time you used gigrants type0, but it hasn't consumed pp super fast since ep4. the drain is quite reasonable now compared to then, and should still always be used over either of the other gigrants crafts.

DPS in this case is also not the only reason why Gigrants T0 is run

the uncharged part deals damage meaning you can move and position yourself right where you need with much less risk to get swatted from an off-angle, and even if you do, you still got relevant damage. Add to that the fact that charge release circular AoE is one of the biggest in the game and you got yourself a winner !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 24, 2019 at 08:36 PM.