Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    That and Ares NT exchange is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction (if we forget the fact that for whatever BS reason, takt is omitted again, coz it's apparently not a weapon) since now if you do land say Ares Gunslash, you can actually put it to good use, instead of facepalming and cursing RNG gods for such a troll present.
    The exchange for other Ares NT weapons is a step in the correct direction compared to the Slave NT/Nemesis NT exchange. The actual method of obtaining one is not. I have multiple friends that have been putting time in on this boost period and have gotten absolutely nothing. I would even be running this if every run gave you 1 token and if you got maybe even 250 tokens, you could trade in for an Ares NT of your choice.

As it stands now, it still is to be seen what they do with it but from previous experience, once the boost period runs out, Ultimate is going to become a graveyard again since when the content isn't boosted it just isn't worth it to run. They've made no mention of doing a regular boost rotation so I wouldn't bank on that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    The exchange for other Ares NT weapons is a step in the correct direction compared to the Slave NT/Nemesis NT exchange. The actual method of obtaining one is not. I have multiple friends that have been putting time in on this boost period and have gotten absolutely nothing. I would even be running this if every run gave you 1 token and if you got maybe even 250 tokens, you could trade in for an Ares NT of your choice.

As it stands now, it still is to be seen what they do with it but from previous experience, once the boost period runs out, Ultimate is going to become a graveyard again since when the content isn't boosted it just isn't worth it to run. They've made no mention of doing a regular boost rotation so I wouldn't bank on that either.
    which is all fair, they should make the two options co-exist if they are going to make more stuff with such a low drop rate, but at least we actually have one of the two options (fair reminder that Jutis > Lumiere is STILL full RNG, you could get 30 Jutis and not land 2/3 of the type you do want, while EP3 could dick you with so many irrelevant drops that you'd resort to stone exchange to get what you want anyway)

It's also quite painful that UQ will just die once boost is over because this time around boost is hardly relevant. It pretty much amounts to slapping a tri-boost on top of 250 RDR, and we all know how much it matters when hunting for really rare weapons. Unlike Slave/Neme NT, this boost doesn't do much more than signal that "hey you should maybe run that quest while it's on" at the end of the day, but I guess it highlights the quest enough for people to actually run it
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Sep 5, 2018 at 11:48 AM.

It just sucks that they don't want to put in measurable progression and seemingly they chuck stuff behind 100% RNG. The ultimate example is Kril getting a good deal of stuff for his 60 hour investment and zangechan getting literally nothing for the same investment. Your effort doesn't feel rewarded unless the number roll works in your favor which is just total ass.
    ya and how do we know he didnt just read my post and put a higher farm hour count out of frustration? I could have easily said the same thing and moved on

Quote Originally Posted by zangechan View Post
    grinded ~65+ hours of ult amu.
    0 ares drops so kindly fuck off
    It's not a competition but I'm not sure I even believe you farmed longer than me this past week and didnt get at least 1 Ares and by farming, I mean at least 8-15hrs days this past week

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    ya and how do we know he didnt just read my post and put a higher farm hour count out of frustration? I could have easily said the same thing and moved on
    I know zangechan personally and can confirm. So yeah, that's just how it goes.

I know zangechan personally and can confirm. So yeah, that's just how it goes.
    I'll take your "word" for it then it

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I'll take your "word" for it then it
    It doesn't sound that unbelievable. Random is random. I've been playing recently mostly because of the free keys and AC tickets. I ran the combined Mother Deus on a whim and dropped the 14* Katana, my only 14 drop. Never got one from endless Solo PD runs, Dragon, boost events, etc. I couldn't even get the relevant 13's from those events half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexorcet View Post
    It doesn't sound that unbelievable. Random is random. I've been playing recently mostly because of the free keys and AC tickets. I ran the combined Mother Deus on a whim and dropped the 14* Katana, my only 14 drop. Never got one from endless Solo PD runs, Dragon, boost events, etc. I couldn't even get the relevant 13's from those events half the time.
    i havent seen a single 14* from mother/deus, apprentice or dragon/atrum, so i know what you mean, im lucky i get Val and that's if it even comes with a SSA

I think there's a treshold that shouldn't be reached with bad rng...65hours of farming for peanuts = ditching the game once and for all with me. Farming 10 hours non stop Forest when boost was up and getting nothing worth out of it was my last time doing such stupidity for a game which turn to not be one anymore. Am not seeking a secondary job especially when I don't get my bill at end of the day.
    'Fuck you sega you won't get me anymore' became a leitmotiv lately...

Edit: Gratz Kril but that's still way too much time for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    I think there's a treshold that shouldn't be reached with bad rng...65hours of farming for peanuts = ditching the game once and for all with me. Farming 10 hours non stop Forest when boost was up and getting nothing worth out of it was my last time doing such stupidity for a game which turn to not be one anymore. Am not seeking a secondary job especially when I don't get my bill at end of the day.
    'Fuck you sega you won't get me anymore' became a leitmotiv lately...

Edit: Gratz Kril but that's still way too much time for what it's worth.
    What's more impressive is weathering the snorefest that is UQ Amduscia for that long. I probably clocked in 4-5 hours top in it and am just now eagerly hoping for Lilipa UQ, Lilipa UQ of all things, because mobs and bosses may be BS but quest itself at least provides enough variation to not feel like a glorified EXP LQ

This is a hot issue in reward design, not just for Sega but for literally every online game developer.

- Make rewards entirely 100% deterministic -> Hardcore players earn them asap -> Hardcore players will start QQ-ing that there is literally nothing to do in-game. If content is released at the rate at which hardcore players earn their rewards, non-hardcore players are left behind and quit because they will never ever be able to keep up.
    - Make rewards entirely 100% RNG -> You can literally not get anything, while someone else who only holds left-click for autoattacking and hugs the floor after every enemy ability can get Best-in-Slot on day #1.
    - Make rewards something like the CF system but with drops from bosses available -> Lucky players can still get their BiS equipment within the first day if RNG helps them, unlucky players are forced to wait weeks to get 6 copies the grind way.
    - Make rewards only RNG drop, but allow players to trade other items to get them if RNG doesn't help -> Again lucky players get everything for no effort, others have to spend maximum time to gather the rest of the "ingredients" to get their rewards
    - Make rewards RNG drop, but allow exchanging between players -> Someone who only plays the market can get BiS without running quests at all. Lucky players get their rewards again without effort, unlucky players are at the mercy of the market.
    - Make rewards drop from multiple content instead of only one -> Literally everyone flocks to the path of least resistance and the rest of the game is rotting and people can't find a group for it.

There is no reward system that will keep the playerbase happy.

Quite honestly, compared to every other online game I have played, Sega has actually done the most effort to ensure that gear is not earned from doing only the hardest content, and from RNG only. Also, campaigns are meant to cycle content so that we don't get bored seeing the same areas and enemies all the time.