Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The only time I complain is when people try to insist I play a game differently, I love getting tips that's always great. Way too many time though I've had a random person join my party to basically start ranting about how I'm doing everything wrong. This isn't about the Hero though, that was unnecessary complaining. I just really hate how simple most RPGs are getting, and Hero is a prime example of that. Nioh is the only game I've played in years that's actually added on to how a character is built. Most other games now you're just grinding out random stuff to complete a build not create it.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

there are optimal DPS strats for TE/FI+HUs but whether you want to follow that exactly or just incorporate some of it into your gameplay is up to you. as for Hero, well Sega sorta dun goofed which is why we're having all these rebalances (also other reasons too like QoL)

isn't it kind of ironic that you're calling hero simple but are playing wand te/fi, a single weapon normal attack spamming class?

A person who judge Hero that barely use Hero just because it's Hero and call its users noob. Well good luck on unlocking your expert block on the new XQ. You are probably too expert anyway to even know how to do the easiest air trick ever (which I kinda doubt). As Velmoria warned, the coconuts on the first stage will probably kill you first anyway if you ever try that (which I again doubt you will try). =)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    The only time I complain is when people try to insist I play a game differently, I love getting tips that's always great. Way too many time though I've had a random person join my party to basically start ranting about how I'm doing everything wrong. This isn't about the Hero though, that was unnecessary complaining. I just really hate how simple most RPGs are getting, and Hero is a prime example of that. Nioh is the only game I've played in years that's actually added on to how a character is built. Most other games now you're just grinding out random stuff to complete a build not create it.
    i guess the difference is compare the pso2 formula whit the rest of the other RPG

the game let you decide what is your main class and freely choose any subclass, you have a array of class combinations, but as any game whit this mechanic, there a grade of compactibility of the combinations

for example you can play HU/FO-TE, at simple glance you wield a big sword/partisan/wired lance and combo up whit techniques to fight. But the incompatibility of the trees make it fall appart of other combinations, you see, HU have no % damage up toward casting techs, and FO-TE doesnīt have damage power up toward striking/ranged attacks.

now, a HU/BO could be more viable due element stance, but lock you up to have a element weapon match the enemy weakness, also doensīt have a noticeable % damage up toward techs

a HU/SU have more compatibility due the tree can raise S-atk value, have universal %damage up for attacks and have a skill that "tag" a enemy raising any damage he get, but is more oriented toward bossing rather that mobing, againg casting techs have little power and all the combinations speaked are limited to the "support" abilities, that doensīt scale whit T-power (shifta, deband, zanverse, megiverse, zandion)

this is why the combination predominant is HU/FI, as raise striking power, can give S-atk tree and when switched to raise the subclass. FI/HU have a high grade of compactibility

when the class combination donīt have a synergy, tends to fall appart the class, the supposed perk the classes give canīt catch on the perfomance on the long run.

now about the direction of the pso2 as a game, instead of the typical formula of having each class to limit a role in the game "guardian, healer, mage, fighter", pso2 go for all classes be a offensive class whit different battle style. Even TE, the supposed class of support buff party slave can whistand on is own on fight instead relying on others in battle, Whit this in mind, when people see a strange combination of classes the first trought is a mistake by the player because the things i commented before.

it's fun to carry a big sword while flying around with Safoie-0 and chase those big birds.

Wow it seems most of the English player base is only on it because of how Japanese it is. Hero is by far the simplest class, it's a fact. I don't care if it's more fun, or if it has cool tricks. You get one skill tree that is blatantly spelled out for you and would be useless if you tried to do any different variation, aside from going pure tank which is technically also useless. I don't need a bunch of assholes who apparently know nothing of the game other than how to attack coming here to shit on me because I don't like a class. If you've got some actual info against my points feel free to send it at me, if you're just going to insult me feel free to eat a dick.

Edit: hopefully the people this isn't to don't take offense.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

Don't worry, my main class is Ra/Hu and I pretty much never touch H-ero class after class rebalance from last year (I think).
    Did played H-ero class again few days ago for 2 quests.
    Also, Hu/Su is fun class.

Wow it seems most of the English player base is only on it because of how Japanese it is.
    1.- Can you paraphrase (<- google translation) it? i don't understand that statement

. I don't need a bunch of assholes who apparently know nothing of the game other than how to attack coming here to shit on me because I don't like a class.
    personally, i think most of the game is how to attack, take in consideration the nature of the game, where are the weak spot, knowing hitting on the head is always a x2 multiplier for ranged attacks and less for any other type of attacks, a WB tag is considered a weak spot, thus triggering weak hit advance (ra skill tree) and weak stance (br skill tree). the second part i agree whit you.

There was a time when subclassing was more flexible, like X/GU for burst damage thanks to chain trigger, but now chain is main only so killed any GU combination. As for GU killed RA subclassing due the stance TMG ring

Quote Originally Posted by Velmoria View Post
    Don't worry, my main class is Ra/Hu and I pretty much never touch H-ero class after class rebalance from last year (I think).
    Did played H-ero class again few days ago for 2 quests.
    im always glad to see a main RA, im RA/BR at this moment, lazy raising HU as sub to reemplace BR. trought im gonna miss those nuking normal attacks whit launchers

Wow it seems most of the English player base is only on it because of how Japanese it is
    i dont get why people say this, they may as well say this about anything made by a Japanese Developer

Hero is by far the simplest class, it's a fact. I don't care if it's more fun, or if it has cool tricks. You get one skill tree that is blatantly spelled out for you and would be useless if you tried to do any different variation, aside from going pure tank which is technically also useless.
    if its so easy do solo XQ with it most people cant even clear solo XQ much less getting the Endless Quest titles

I don't need a bunch of assholes who apparently know nothing of the game other than how to attack coming here to shit on me because I don't like a class. If you've got some actual info against my points feel free to send it at me, if you're just going to insult me feel free to eat a dick.
    i dont get where this hostility is coming from when i think people gave some fair points. i guess:

HR: Higher DPS + Use of Techs
    TE/FI: Lower DPS/easily outperformed + Use of Techs + TE buffs + Gimmicky

I dont feel like getting into it but the obvious is there. you dont like HR dont play it but at the same time dont complain about not clearing certain content because of your class composition.

Edit: hopefully the people this isn't to don't take offense.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Velmoria View Post
    always a Meme class that should die off