Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default PlayStation Vita To End Production In 2019, No Plans To Announce A Successor For Now

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/20...essor-for-now/

Oh well, RIP old friend, you struggled to survived for many years even after people keep saying that you were dead. Only time will tell if SEGA will pull the plug from the Vita port of PSO2.

As for me, I'll order a new slim version of the Vita (firmware lower than 3.69) with an extra memory card in case anything were to happen to my current one. As for TV output, I already have 2 PSTV systems, so I'm good.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

maybe we can get moving fingers now

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    maybe we can get moving fingers now
    ?????
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    ?????
    What you dont know that joke?
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    What you dont know that joke?
    Even if I did, I fail to see how this could be funny or relevant to the topic.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Even if I did, I fail to see how this could be funny or relevant to the topic.
    It comes from the idea that having Vita support has held the game back, and that by dropping Vita support, it could lead to actual, significant graphical and model improvements (like having separate, movable fingers) beyond shaders and slightly higher resolution textures. It's not likely to happen at this point, but it is what it is.

Maybe Sony saw the success of Switch and is preparing a successor that will be a hybrid console / portable.

What confuses me about the Vita is Sony trying to compete with casual gaming by trying to adding in unneeded functionality, like touch and a camera. It seems like they could have kept the cost down and sold more units if they had focused on doing one thing well. Not to mention that a lot of the games don't even work with the PS Vita. Though ironically I'm tempted to buy one now to test out homebrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    It comes from the idea that having Vita support has held the game back, and that by dropping Vita support, it could lead to actual, significant graphical and model improvements (like having separate, movable fingers) beyond shaders and slightly higher resolution textures. It's not likely to happen at this point, but it is what it is.
    In short, a very "meh" inside comment within the PSO2 community

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Maybe Sony saw the success of Switch and is preparing a successor that will be a hybrid console / portable.
    That was what people were hoping for, but we didn't get anything et E3 or TGS and that last one should have been the big one for the reveal since Japan is more of a handheld market than a console market.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    What confuses me about the Vita is Sony trying to compete with casual gaming by trying to adding in unneeded functionality, like touch and a camera. It seems like they could have kept the cost down and sold more units if they had focused on doing one thing well. Not to mention that a lot of the games don't even work with the PS Vita. Though ironically I'm tempted to buy one now to test out homebrew.
    They tried to make Vita a multimedia device in hope that Vita would catter to the phone audience as well, it failed.