Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Maybe Sony saw the success of Switch and is preparing a successor that will be a hybrid console / portable.
    The point of a hybrid Console is that it'd fuse together the the home console and handheld development teams to work on one device and provide regular content without splitting the fanbase across multiple devices (since Ninty never had tremendous 3rd party support this was always a serious issue on their devices). Sony already did that by focusing all of their resources on the PS4 and I doubt they'd want to stop their dick measuring contest with Xbox just to win over some Nintendo players. Not to mention such device would lose Blueray & DVD functionality which is still a big selling point in favor of the Xbox and PS4 despite not being marketed very much.

I also doubt even Sony fans would buy a Vita successor. A lot of people felt betrayed by Sony in the way they treated the Vita You just need to look at some 1yo r/vita threads.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    The point of a hybrid Console is that it'd fuse together the the home console and handheld development teams to work on one device and provide regular content without splitting the fanbase across multiple devices (since Ninty never had tremendous 3rd party support this was always a serious issue on their devices). Sony already did that by focusing all of their resources on the PS4 and I doubt they'd want to stop their dick measuring contest with Xbox just to win over some Nintendo players. Not to mention such device would lose Blueray & DVD functionality which is still a big selling point in favor of the Xbox and PS4 despite not being marketed very much.

I also doubt even Sony fans would buy a Vita successor. A lot of people felt betrayed by Sony in the way they treated the Vita You just need to look at some 1yo r/vita threads.
    The goal of a new handheld or a hybrid would be mostly to stay relevant in Japan where portable devices rule. The PSP sold as much as the original PS1 and almost as much as the PS2. The Vita with it's crap support and expensive hardware and memory cards has sold close to 6m in Japan while the PS4, their top product, has sold under 8m. The Switch has been out for less than 2 years in Japan and is catching up pretty quickly to the PS4's sales.

I'm not saying that this should be the PS5. They could have a PS5 for the graphic whores and a hybrid for people who want the best of both worlds.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    That's what I was getting at. There's a possibility that Sony is preparing PS5 to be a hybrid console. The portable part of it wouldn't necessarily have a Blu-ray slot since that would probably require it to have significant size, but it could have "large" internal memory (like 128GB or 256GB) that allows players to transfer games from the main console to the portable part to play on the go.

Let's not forget that high costs for the first versions of their consoles aren't exactly something Sony is afraid of. PS2, PS3 and PS4 base versions have all been the most expensive ones of their respective generations.

Maybe if this piece of shit never existed in the first place we wouldn't have literal ps2 graphics, 2d orbs floating around in sanctuary and nonmoving fingers. Too little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Let's not forget that high costs for the first versions of their consoles aren't exactly something Sony is afraid of. PS2, PS3 and PS4 base versions have all been the most expensive ones of their respective generations.
    Let's also not forget that in case of PS3 this large price extremely backfired as no one was willing to spend 600$ on a PS3 despite Sony winning 2 console generations in a row when it comes to Units moved and having a large, diverse game library.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Maybe if this piece of shit never existed in the first place we wouldn't have literal ps2 graphics, 2d orbs floating around in sanctuary and nonmoving fingers. Too little too late.
    Tbh it's very unlikely the Vita had anything to do with them making this game so ass looking. I met a lot of people who play on Tier 1 Graphics simply because they're running on potatoes and making the game more demanding would exclude them & shrink the potential playerbase. This and the fact that the Vita version didn't launch simultaneously suggest that the game was made with PC in mind first and retroactively ported to the Vita, which back in 2012 was still new and exciting tech. And let's not pretend like if the shitty PC graphics helped the Vita version to perform acceptably in MPAs.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    They tried to make Vita a multimedia device in hope that Vita would catter to the phone audience as well, it failed.
    Are you referring to the original 3g vita? I would have loved that one back when it came out. Too bad I was a broke student back then -_-

Vita is an amazing console. It goes with me everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    They tried to make Vita a multimedia device in hope that Vita would catter to the phone audience as well, it failed.
    Because people who play free games on their cell phone are totally going to go out and buy a dedicated gaming device with a joystick and buttons and then pay extra for the games they have on their phone already.

Good to know we're never getting a Deluxe Package ever again.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Good to know we're never getting a Deluxe Package ever again.
    Pretty sure we would have gotten a physical EP5 for PC and/or Vita by now if they wanted to release one.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I wanted to get the Vita, but I couldnt justify that price and it's lack of games, at least with the 3ds you could mod it and play everything, what is there even on the vita?