Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Golgotha View Post
    You'd only need detailed infometrics for that. A character window calculating how much all palette attacks would do with current boosts.

What you actually need to know isn't arbitrary damage value. With lvl85 health values going through the roof, you'd probably want to immediately know how much impact your current punches do instead of bashing big white digits out of seemingly immortal enemy. So you could be able to tell if you can defeat it in reasonable time, if you could see a health bar.
    I see this being much more convenient addition rather than yet another quest with big enemies that dont drop anything. We have quite a few of those already.
    I dunno about Kril, but for me it's not about testing actual damage output, it's about testing mechanics in a controlled environment. The game has a bunch of stuff that would be easier to test/practice in a vacuum, like Vol/Banish combos, figuring out how and when certain skills actually proc, and actually being able to compare enemies with various levels of defense and resistance without running back and forth.

Knowing how much damage a PA does is useless without all the other factors, like frame time, and JA timing anyway.

On the topic of bo tree rehaul, i wonder why sega doesnt add a critical damage buff to critical field. That would add some raid utility to bouncer and make that field usefull bcuz MUH DAMAGE. 5% would be decent atleast imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    On the topic of bo tree rehaul, i wonder why sega doesnt add a critical damage buff to critical field. That would add some raid utility to bouncer and make that field usefull bcuz MUH DAMAGE. 5% would be decent atleast imo.
    The fact that they prefer Bouncer as a support-type all rounder that excels with range, I can only guess that they only let other classes (like fi and gu) to get damage benefit from crit instead of bouncer itself. =/

Bouncer has a support label that automatically makes its potential worse than any mainline class. Plus, developers strongly believe that its supposed to use techs. Because otherwise I'm not sure how its supposed to excel in range, if any possible attack outside of pbf requires you to stick to the targets face.

So, if anything that needs rehaul there first, its their outlook on bouncer archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I dunno about Kril, but for me it's not about testing actual damage output, it's about testing mechanics in a controlled environment. The game has a bunch of stuff that would be easier to test/practice in a vacuum, like Vol/Banish combos, figuring out how and when certain skills actually proc, and actually being able to compare enemies with various levels of defense and resistance without running back and forth.

Knowing how much damage a PA does is useless without all the other factors, like frame time, and JA timing anyway.
    It would be immensely easier to test them even in normal conditions, if most of the mechanics had a transcription and indication connected with the effect. Right now even some PA output is impossible to read when it throws a dozen of overlapping random digits. You have to guess most of the stuff, has this stance worked right now? Did TAJA activate? Did TAJA based after effects activate? Overwhelming amount of elements will need at least some feedback instead of letting you guess even harder in dojo. Theres exclusive effects to display working cumulative damage SSAF and Dia potential, but none for the most basic things that affect more than one weapon in the game.
    Its silly that they keep obscuring all these mechanics (with even standing snipe indicator being a ring and not a built in feature) after making FOUR different tutorial courses, counting VR tutorials, arks road, Leontina and several series of youtube videos where they spend ungodly amount of time explaining how to use Photon arts or how to affix Power I.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Nov 2, 2018 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgotha View Post
    Its silly that they keep obscuring all these mechanics (with even standing snipe indicator being a ring and not a built in feature) after making FOUR different tutorial courses, counting VR tutorials, arks road, Leontina and several series of youtube videos where they spend ungodly amount of time explaining how to use Photon arts or how to affix Power I.
    cant explain too much of the game or else it loses the "magic"

To be fair, we are talking about a company that didn't have a QA team for pso2 until after the game deleted a chunk of player hdds. And the company that after hero's release decided to force the entire game to fit hero, instead of changing the class to fit the game.

Here's what I'd like from episode 6:
    - drop vita support
    - allow a proper graphics tier that doesn't render all models apart from your own with lower quality textures
    - allow a proper depth of field/object de-spawning range akin to the old mod tool
    - not to fuck up class balance with phantoms release by repeating the hero introduction (nerf everything, add hero, spend the entire episode unfucking the nerfs and overbuffing everything resulting in a sizeable lack of content)
    - re-add unique units as code rewards akin to episode 1/2, where there was a great variety of units even if a lot of them were bad, where you could actively put in effort and farm them at your own discretion (and make a killing selling the good ones), possibly re-adding unit set bonuses for them.
    - add 12* unit/13* weapon trading/selling already, don't hold it off for 3 fucking years for no reason just to piss people off
    - make whatever planet or area that's added actually spawn its associated unit install crystals in whatever fields or content it has, none of this omega bullshit where the only place you can get omega crystals is from the buster medal exchange even though it has a free field

That's all that comes to mind for now, but there's more i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    The fact that they prefer Bouncer as a support-type all rounder that excels with range, I can only guess that they only let other classes (like fi and gu) to get damage benefit from crit instead of bouncer itself. =/
    Ah yes the descriptions sega gave that let us know they dont know how their own game works. But i do wonder what theoretical boost an mpa could get with the crit field +5% dmg stcked with shifta critical (for classes without any sort of crit boost).
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Don't even start with Sega's class designations. They seemingly know the only role in the game is DPS and Support (passive buff to party's DPS and sometimes mob grouping with techs or status effect application), with support being less relevant than DPS (hence a Techer per MPA, not a Gunner per 11 Techers) . That's why we had DPS and support being the only two real roles mentioned. Rest was just All Rounder/Universal/All Rounder with X which says absolutely nothing, and generally it shows that all the DPS designations (Fighter, Gunner) as a rule were just so much better all around than anything else, besides maybe Hero's Universal.

They should just be honest with themselves and group the classes by things that actually matter, by which I mean single target power, multi target power, performance against aggressive enemies (by which I mean mostly the ability to keep doing damage while evading damage, or just tank damage while doing damage), and support. Maybe it would hit them with some ideas than Gunner would have maxed the 3 mentioned things aside from support, and how Sega should limit easy dodge buttons or dodge-and-do-damage buttons on classes that already have the DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    raid utility
    made me laugh