Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    im not shitposting
    We are now, just admit it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe its a little late for this comment but recently i trough a change the game needs in a matter of requierments for XH EQ and its a point system like other MMOs

something that really bother me while i was leveling up my 3rd character as a hero is: i was lvl 75 and i couldnt participate in EQs that requier lvl 80 but i have 12* full set armor and my 14* atra sword and 13* schevelle TMG ( i didnt like talis but is still equiped) with all kind of effects for having extra HP, PP and stats at the point of been considered ( in words of a cousin) cheated equipment .

my proposition is to add the point system in which influence the next things:
    1 the class levels main and sub ( which will be easiest of all).

2 the lvl grind and quantity of efects of the main class weapons ,in this case is gonna count only 1 main class type weapon (for example you are a hunter and you have 6 weapons , 2 of each type but for the system only will count the strongest sword , partizan and wire lance you have )

2.5: the highest level pet and the best one equiped with candies of each type in the case of summoners
    3 same for armors ( in my case only have 4 effects each )
    4 having the titles that gives extra stats (not sure about this one, what do you think guys)

my point is , the quality of your equipment should work as a handicap for been able to enter to XH EQs
    Last edited by silo1991; Dec 20, 2018 at 12:10 PM.

Idc if this is a Necropost. This needs to be finally sorted out in EP6.

I've been wanting that since Ep3 bro, still waiting
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Idc if this is a Necropost. This needs to be finally sorted out in EP6.
    Episode 6 is not here yet so I guess it's fine. I'd love this too.

Well since this thread has risen from its grave, I'll add my two cents. I'd like mags improved even better. Strengthen photon blasts more, or add a skill to up its damage even better. They've been completely overshadowed in their supplementary department in getting you out of trouble since they added stuff like dark blasts to the game. Making new photon blasts and evolutions wouldn't hurt either. Also having a pure mag as the end all be all kind of ruined what made experimenting with mags fun in the old PSO. All the experimentation that went into finding the best mag for you based on X stat + Y stat = Z evolution, and where your build went for your character.

Everything is strictly pure this and pure that, and that is all that matters. Quick and dirty will gimp you, and balancing stats will gimp you. On that note, maybe make the S/R/T DEF stats a worthwhile option since going for one pure stat is the way to go? Perhaps grant a far more tankier build by going full defense? I don't know, but in my opinion, mags need a QoL check again if they're gonna remain any sort of interesting. Partner characters got a level cap increase now. When was the last time we seen anything special with mags lately? LV200?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    I'd like mags improved even better. Strengthen photon blasts more, or add a skill to up its damage even better.
    SU has a skill that boost Photon Blast damage and yet nobody grabs it for obvious reason

Making new photon blasts and evolutions wouldn't hurt either.
    I wouldn't mind this even if its hybrids of current PB's, the same what 4? 5? are kinda boring and mostly used in utility

Also having a pure mag as the end all be all kind of ruined what made experimenting with mags fun in the old PSO. All the experimentation that went into finding the best mag for you based on X stat + Y stat = Z evolution, and where your build went for your character.
    People already gave suggestions on Mag builds back then and having a pure mag during Ep 1/2 wasn't a bad thing but essentially people just raised their mags specific stats to get a special mag once it hit Lv100 or in other cases just modded it in. Essentially people either did:

Lv200 pure mag
    Lv175 stat + 25 other stat + 0 + 0
    Lv150 stat + 50 other stat + 0 + 0
    Lv150 stat + 25 other stat + 25 + 0

With how PSO2 is, pure mag is really the only way to go and with how Sega is treating your mags stat conversions on certain classes (Hero, Phantom, Braver, Bouncer), it works out just fine.

On that note, maybe make the S/R/T DEF stats a worthwhile option since going for one pure stat is the way to go? Perhaps grant a far more tankier build by going full defense?
    If they offered something like Max out Def stats but converted a portion of it into attack I can see this working but essentially pure Def in general isn't like a massive improvement which is why people will add All Resist over something like Ability3 or Body 3 because that works better in reducing damage taken

I don't know, but in my opinion, mags need a QoL check again if they're gonna remain any sort of interesting. Partner characters got a level cap increase now. When was the last time we seen anything special with mags lately? LV200?
    Theres not a lot you can really do with Mags that they haven't already done without just adding new attacks/abilities, reducing the amount of energy your Mag consumes when using its abilities or attacks etc. They're mostly there just for an extra stat increase and the occasional Photon Blast.

I don't know when the last time I even used my Partner bot outside being decoys on quests or distracting mobs when I'm gathering. They're not even my room either. I'd be really interested if Sega decided to do something about Mags and Partner bots but it just seems like a low priority sorta deal (unless they announce something soon)
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

i just want sega to restore build variety.

revive classes BrGu, FoGu, TeGu, FiBr, RaBr, RaGu, GuHu(lol), FoBr, and other classes that have basically vanished. Better support the lesser classes like FoFi and FiBo that exist but not in any relevant capacity.

stop making main class only weapons. i can count the number of off class 14* weapons on ONE hand.

be more intelligent in what skills are main class only.

So far Ph sub is a fantastic alternative to Hu for striking builds, but that's about it. :/

Revive extends like you said you were going to ages ago too wtf.

revive c-mode please.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Mar 27, 2019 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post

revive classes BrGu, FoGu, TeGu, FiBr, RaBr, RaGu, GuHu(lol), FoBr, and other classes that have basically vanished. Better support the lesser classes like FoFi and FiBo that exist but not in any relevant capacity.
    whys Gu/Hu there? its still a thing even if it has less dmg on SRoll Arts, its the more tankier option
    PSO2 NGS

Regarding mags: It's not hard, it just takes effort. And Sega has other priorities most likely. But since I like to play armchair developer, I'll chime in:

Mag damage suffers because all other damage sources are massively buffed. Even with SU's PB boost and maxxed Mag ring, your mag's active damage contribution will not exceed 1% contribution to your total damage. In fact most of the time I see numbers closer to 0.05% for Persona EQ from other players, which is like 2 weapon swings.

QoL would be to somehow make Photon Blast more foolproof and Mag (re)actions more reliable. With enemies dying left and right in 2 seconds and bosses teleporting around, most PBs do not manage to get many hits before dissipating. This of course would reduce the skill required in activating it the "right" moment. Similarily, modifying abilities like Revival A or HP Restore x to have higher activation chance, would just allow players to play more recklessly and not more clever.

Non-pure ATK mags are not meta because they never have better results than pure ATK. This is because of Sega's design to add mag stats to the character. If mags had different effects depending on their innate stats that overshadowed +200 atk, there would be higher variety. Sega did try a bit with Braver Mag and now with Phantom Mag to give value to DEX, but that just shifts the meta for specific builds (Br and Ph ones in fact) and does not introduce viability to non-pure mags. The fact that Photon Blast, Actions and S-Action is not dependent on mag stats also does not help.

DEF Mags are useless for the same reason why noone uses Mark Grif, Body/React/Mind, the same reason why anyone who has Ability has it for the ATK part, for the same reason why Persona Reverie is better than Elder/Loser/Apprezina Reverie, why noone uses Defense tree boost, why noone uses Deband drink, why noone ever picks DEF skills in trees, why noone uses Guard Stance for survivability and why very rarely do people care to use Deband even as TEchers. Sega actually had an amazing solution to this (-80% healing reduction), and from what I've read the playerbase hated it because it would require them to play carefully. As I said somewhere else, the game is designed so that 800HP / 1200 DEF / 0% Resist characters only get killed by actions that would kill any non-pure-tank build, so why go for survivability. And if something is about to kill you (for example Persona's sphere, Mother's cubes), just Photon Blast through it. Or just have Atlas Ex revive you. Or wait for a Moon Atomizer. Or just Halfdoll. Either way, you still get S rank and your rewards are not effected.

Regarding viability of builds: This is again something that cannot happen due to meta, and there is only 1 way to tackle such issue (and it applies to every game with class/subclass system): Neuter the effect of subclasses so that having subclass A is not really different from having subclass B. If it was possible to have 2 different subclasses within 1% of each other, then the better one would become meta and the worse one would become the wrong/noob choice.