Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I would suggest the removal of ARKS Quests, and their replacement/incorporation in Free Fields by special Emergency Codes. There is no reason to have people who do Subdue Fangulf and Subdue Za Oodan in different instances (assuming the 12player limit hasn't been reached). You can have both mpas spawn in the same map, and have each one complete their objective when the relevant EC appears. This could allow the implementation of "new" daily objectives as well, for example "Daily Capture Dark Ragne".
    Yeah, being able to complete your ARKS quest dailies from Emergency Quest is a huge QOL improvement. But don't remove the ARKS quest, because relying on RNG for the completion of the quest feels terrible. I had enough from Garongo not showing up in forest free field.
    Another form of improvement would be reducing the map length of those unnecessary long old ARKS quest.

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuman View Post
    Keep in mind these are just my thoughts and you do not need to be toxic about it, it's just a post.
    Ah my mistake, I thought that this is another post about how 'the development team should cater to our whims and fancies', 'how dare they not do better' and the typical self-importance that a number of foreign players in PSO2 tends to have. I apologise for being caustic with my words.

For lore, in phantasystar.wiki, it was mentioned that
    Humans are one of the four races from which players can select from. Humans are the original entities from which ARKS was born; early in Photon research, it was discovered that Humans have the best aptitude for Photon control, thus making them the basis of all races. The Newman, CAST, and Deuman races were created by using Humans as a template. The other races were initially created to specialize in specific roles, but as research into the control of Photons advanced, the other three races evolved to possess Photon wielding capability nearly identical to that of Humans, thereby making their differences purely aesthetic.
    Each of the other races have the same information 'evolved to possess Photon wielding capacity nearly identical to Humans, thereby making their differences purely aesthetic. Basically, racial differences (and lack thereof for anything but aesthetics) is a done thing, and it is not likely that SEGA will change anything about it. I mean, it had been over two centuries since Human was created, however long for Newman and CAST and less than forty decades for Deuman, if any race were to have say, shorter lifespan, health problems and such, it will be Deuman. But story-wise, SEGA probably won't do that.

Story-wise, well, it went without saying that PSO2 have a star-studded cast, and they might have to leave the episode early (Bethor's VA, the Frieza guy) or take a medical-imposed vacation time (Hitsugi's VA). It was mentioned that Episode 4's story line was not what they had originally planned, but due to conflicting schedules for their VAs, quite a fair amount of their plans were scrapped. Thus, the over-reliance on Earth scenes over Oracle scenes (the voice actors/actresses can't really make it).The only thing I am really interested in right now is how they intend to touch on PC's identity as the world's weapon, and the whole 'not even the Akashic Record knows which of us will survive' prophecy-like thing that Shiva had said to PC .

There might be an epilogue for Episode 5 (according to someone who datamined the stuff, Episode 5 is ending in December), so Episode 6 is gonna take place next year, at the earliest, probably around February or March.
    Last edited by Altrius Véurr; Oct 26, 2018 at 03:35 AM.

Enable enemy stat gain for expert room, and ability to send your sad & lonely support partner into gathering some items for you.

Re: Planning
    Tbh this is more to do with them not expecting such heavy backlash towards the Buster Quests and powergap between Advanced Classes and Regular Classes. Had everything gone as planned they wouldn't have needed to scrap any content.

Re: Free Fields & Arks Quests
    I think Arks quests should boil down to "Kill this Area Boss", similarly to how Tokyo has Train Gidoran Quest, but stuff like subdue Fangulf and Nab rappy are really uneccesary. Furthermore I think AQ's need some overhauls as well.

Re: Enemies
    I don't think you can really do much to the old enemies without making new player experience too hard it's already bad enough that Apostolos Dragon can spawn randomly and fuck your shit up.

Re: Status Effect
    Anti exists so that Fo and Te can make your PP recovery stupid for 30 seconds

Re: Races
    Tbh I don't see Sega trying to make the races more distinct anymore. Lately they gave you the option to use any skin color on any race so it seems they're trying to achieve quite the opposite.

Re:Story
    I don't think we're gonna go away from the tropes. PSO2 is a Japan orientated product and they eat that shit up with a spoon.

And my personal hopes are really that Sega just tries to be Scifi centric again and that we won't visit another different dimension with their own problem barely related to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sica View Post
    Yeah, being able to complete your ARKS quest dailies from Emergency Quest is a huge QOL improvement. But don't remove the ARKS quest, because relying on RNG for the completion of the quest feels terrible. I had enough from Garongo not showing up in forest free field.
    Another form of improvement would be reducing the map length of those unnecessary long old ARKS quest.
    Emergency Code, please do not confuse these 2. RNG wouldn't even exist. It's the same principle as the "Collect Rare Ores" ARKS Quest; the final map of the ARKS Quest has an area where the Emergency Code activates. This could be done on the main 12-player map and activate when approached by the player with the required daily featured Emergency Code.

(b) I was referring to ARKS Quests, not mob kills. Yes, Garongos are somewhat rare in Free Field. But they are 100% deterministic spawns in Time Attack, so you can just do 20seconds in Naberius Beginner to clear it. Similar for all other daily featured "kill this" quests.

(c) I would prefer a map that is like the Sanctum maps in complexity. There needs to be a sense of exploration, and not just "get in get out".

just add weapons from PSU and Beasts back into the game again and I'll be a happy camper. oh ya and content like some more UQ maps or something iunno make it worth farming like Enchanted Forest. i could give a list of more stuff but some of it has been said and im just not expecting Sega to actually go all out anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Emergency Code, please do not confuse these 2. RNG wouldn't even exist. It's the same principle as the "Collect Rare Ores" ARKS Quest; the final map of the ARKS Quest has an area where the Emergency Code activates. This could be done on the main 12-player map and activate when approached by the player with the required daily featured Emergency Code.

(b) I was referring to ARKS Quests, not mob kills. Yes, Garongos are somewhat rare in Free Field. But they are 100% deterministic spawns in Time Attack, so you can just do 20seconds in Naberius Beginner to clear it. Similar for all other daily featured "kill this" quests.

(c) I would prefer a map that is like the Sanctum maps in complexity. There needs to be a sense of exploration, and not just "get in get out".
    Well you didn't mention anything about the Emergency Code (got it right this time) will definitely appear, so pardon my assumption.
    The Garongo example was mostly just me saying that enemy appearance have the same randomness as Emergency Code, which makes doing daily longer.
    Though I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, since maintaining daily triboost is doable with 2 quest or even 1.

Also doesn't things like Emergency Code determined at the instance creation. For example, Player A has a Nab Rappy Capture quest, thus any
    Naberius free field instance created by Player A will 100% trigger the quest as the, say, first Emergency Code of a certain spot at that field. Player B, with Subdue Fangulf quest, join Player A's map. Because Player A doesn't have Subdue Fangulf quest, the quest won't appear at that map or at least won't appear 100%.

(c)
    It's mostly for quest with 2 single-party and 1 multi-party area. I dunno, I just personally found it too long and annoying for a complicated map.
    The exploration doesn't feels rewarding either, since there is nothing worth mentioning at the dead-end.
    Funny enough, I found Enchanted Forest is the best for the exploration aspect. Like reaching those dead-end and suddenly a Lvl 85 Omega Hunar show up or defying the MPA's guru-guru route and trigger a Mr. Umbra Emergency Code. It feels good.

If I were to say what I want, instead of listing the likes and dislikes from the past, then outside of custom AIS, then a few things:
    Smarter enemies, or at least better designed ones, since they did try to make them with clones and Anga.
    Slower gameplay, with less enemies, or at least less enemies that leap and run around less and have less aoe so that minor things, like crafting, subclass weaponry, debuffs, or terrain matter more. Also, maybe bring back and make more Codes? Attack and Duel are rather boring if they are the only ones.
    More perks to having different classes working together, like it used to be Hu JGs to keep those behind them safe, RA has weak bullet and shoots distant weak points, Te buffs and heals, Fo deals AoE, Gu and Fi are the high risk, high reward DPS. I kinda miss those times, instead of 8/12 self sufficient dps rolling through anything.
    More well designed modes and maps. I really like Tokyo TA, TD ems and Challenge Mode, more of that please.
    Last edited by Kilich; Oct 26, 2018 at 06:50 AM.

Well you didn't mention anything about the Emergency Code (got it right this time) will definitely appear, so pardon my assumption.
    I mentioned it: "I would suggest the removal of ARKS Quests, and their replacement/incorporation in Free Fields by special Emergency Codes."

Also doesn't things like Emergency Code determined at the instance creation. For example, Player A has a Nab Rappy Capture quest, thus any
    Naberius free field instance created by Player A will 100% trigger the quest as the, say, first Emergency Code of a certain spot at that field. Player B, with Subdue Fangulf quest, join Player A's map. Because Player A doesn't have Subdue Fangulf quest, the quest won't appear at that map or at least won't appear 100%.
    I was not clear enough on how this can be coded, so I will give an example:

We start with a a blank map. No exits, just 1 entrance. Group A has the Daily Emergency Code "Kill Rockbear" and enters the map. Group B also has the daily EC "Kill Rockbear", and Group C has the daily EC "Arrest 7 Nab Rappies".

The moment the first player of Group A drops from the campship and enters the map, the game selects a random part of the map (let's say in quadrant B-3) where the Emergency Code "Kill Rockbear" will trigger once a player of this specific group A visits this specific quadrant (B-3). This means that if any player who does not belong in Group A goes to quadrant B-3, the Rockbear of Group A will not be triggered. Similarily, the moment any player from Group B enters the map, the game selects another quadrant (let's say E-4) for their Rockbear.
    Now here's the clutch: Both groups A and B have Kill Rockbear as their daily task. But the 2 Rockbears will spawn only if a player of the proper group goes in the specific quadrant of the map. Any player of Group B who goes to B-3 will not spawn the Rockbear. However, if the Rockbear in B-3 is spawned due to Group A, then any nearby players of Group B who help kill this Rockbear will get full credit for completing their daily task.
    Now let's suppose that all of Group A and Group B killed the Rockbear in B-3, but not in E-4, and they all decide to bail because they did their daily task. The moment that all members of Group B go back to the campship (or lobby), ie. once there is no active Group B member in the main map, the hidden trigger for Rockbear in E-4 will be deleted and the quadrant will be freed for other random events.

Now about Group C. Well, the same applies to it. Group C can help kill the Rockbear and will get credit for killing Rockbear if they have the relevant client order from Hans, but they will have to keep going around the map until the Nab rappies spawn so that they can complete their daily task.

I hope this has explained how I'd design Free Fields.

(c)
    It's mostly for quest with 2 single-party and 1 multi-party area. I dunno, I just personally found it too long and annoying for a complicated map.
    The exploration doesn't feels rewarding either, since there is nothing worth mentioning at the dead-end.
    Funny enough, I found Enchanted Forest is the best for the exploration aspect. Like reaching those dead-end and suddenly a Lvl 85 Omega Hunar show up or defying the MPA's guru-guru route and trigger a Mr. Umbra Emergency Code. It feels good.
    This is something we disagree on. The reward from traversing a maze-like map would be finding your objective. Entering a map like Tokyo or Las Vegas and just randomly flying around to get your boss to spawn in 10 seconds so that you get out for your reward is (in my opinion) way too much over-arcadization. Exploring and finding random stuff, and some rare enemies or events is what keeps the game interesting and non-boring.

Just give us more cute and slutty clothing sega so we can continue phasioning our lolies and waifus. Gameplay is for suckers, nolifes and tryhards.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!