Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 LastLast

But Austere 12* Units use a dual set effect system. Even if Austere NT + all 3 units give amazing 2 seteffects... the other 2 weapons can simply use the rear + Arms Set effect for austere Units, unless the Weapon + Leg set effect is way stronger.

Spoiler!

It’s not looking so hot for austere. I also don’t think the ares pot will be much higher than the other ones either. Looking damn good for the light trace (xion) weaps tho.

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Well, there's still S4 from Atra (still useful for some classes, I think) ..... and it's probably about 2%~3% (from atk stat, and additional % from gimmick) lower compared to Xion ....

I'd say Xion and Atra about tied, since it'll be about personal preference (better QoL(?), less damage vs higher damage, + additional damage from gimmick) .....
    Austere will have to wait until all things related to it uncovered (set bonus, exact % for Ares pot, etc)

Could be same goodness between all 3 weapons, just depends on preferences ....

Well, let's wait till it's implemented ^ヮ^
    As long there is an S4 = win ,, for me I need that S4 slot so I can put in the ATRA dual blade S4

All that farming and no Austere takt... I think I need to lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by TakemiShinnosuke View Post
    As long there is an S4 = win ,, for me I need that S4 slot so I can put in the ATRA dual blade S4
    what.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    don't be deceived, these lowered numbers on austere make them trash. unless the set bonus is absurd like 200atk or some % dmg increase, they are trash. im so glad i farmed for hours to make aus NT at end of year only for them to be complete shit.
    Wow, yeah, sure. I mean it's not like it's still one of the strongest weapon types in the game, beaten only by other 15* weapons introduced along with it! One of which requires an entire list of new things to get and the other is limited to an absurdly rare drop and two from titles!

And as shown by that DPS chart, the only other weapons that match it with it's barrier pot is a weapon series which requires you to STOP ATTACKING and one with a pot that Austere HAS AS WELL.

I mean, clearly this weapon is the worst thing ever and we should all use 1* gunslashes now. Because those are better, right?

Or you could be absolutely filled with hyperbole and we should really just ignore you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Spoiler!

It’s not looking so hot for austere. I also don’t think the ares pot will be much higher than the other ones either. Looking damn good for the light trace (xion) weaps tho.
    it seems if we got phobos, we can ignore austere-nt for a while, not really much power gain from those. i expected austere-nt to be almost the same level as lightstream, but it that was ... well not worth it.

and from here we learn again, anything that supposed to be a remake items, will be trash. (looking at you evleda upgrade unit)

i don't expect ares pot will be higher, look at nemesis from 17% become 9%.
    yeah, my engrish is bad

nah phobos is trash wep.. incredibly inconsistent and ares needs its pb active but this is still disappointing to say the least.. still 3rd best

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    nah phobos is trash wep.. incredibly inconsistent and ares needs its pb active but this is still disappointing to say the least.. still 3rd best
    I think someone lacks luck or hands to call trash the Phobos wpn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
    I think someone lacks luck or hands to call trash the Phobos wpn.
    I'd just get a middle ground here and say it's highly dependent on weapon type.
    Phobos Sword on Hero is incredibly strong, because techs and Weapon action auto-sheathe it and contribute to the 2 seconds buildup.
    Phobos Talis on Force is really"...meh" because it involves you stopping from attacking altogether for 2 seconds to then redeploy your Talis to only then start dealing damage, where other Talis just can keep the damage piling on. It's generally terrible for FO to ever sheathe their weapons anyway since you should be dashing around with techs and endlessly spamming offensive techs when you don't need to move around, for as long as your PP allows it. and when you don't have enough...you're probably switching to Orbit or a Spirited Response weapon sooo.

I also wouldn't say Austere is trash either, but it's more like the (for now) very steep requirement give for a result that's a bit underwhelming ? Then again I think it's largely due to expectations of Austere being an absolute BiS due to how OT was. I do think the Lightstream series, for all the convoluted grind it require from you, will be the actual EP5 "Austere"
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 4, 2018 at 12:16 PM.