Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    Wow, yeah, sure. I mean it's not like it's still one of the strongest weapon types in the game, beaten only by other 15* weapons introduced along with it! One of which requires an entire list of new things to get and the other is limited to an absurdly rare drop and two from titles!

And as shown by that DPS chart, the only other weapons that match it with it's barrier pot is a weapon series which requires you to STOP ATTACKING and one with a pot that Austere HAS AS WELL.

I mean, clearly this weapon is the worst thing ever and we should all use 1* gunslashes now. Because those are better, right?

Or you could be absolutely filled with hyperbole and we should really just ignore you.
    here's a relative damage calc, so that you can understand

ares katana - 1000 damage
    aus NT katana with ares pot which requires ares katana, nemesis katana, slave katana, invade katana - 1010 damage

you are trading a nemesis, slave, invade for an extra 1% damage on your ares katana. that's why it's trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    I'd just get a middle ground here and say it's highly dependent on weapon type.
    Phobos Sword on Hero is incredibly strong, because techs and Weapon action auto-sheathe it and contribute to the 2 seconds buildup.
    Phobos Talis on Sword is really"...meh" because it involves you stopping from attacking altogether for 2 seconds to then redeploy your Talis to only then start dealing damage, where other Talis just can keep the damage piling on.

I also wouldn't say Austere is trash either, but it's more like the (for now) very steep requirement give for a result that's a bit underwhelming ? Then again I think it's largely due to expectations of Austere being an absolute BiS due to how OT was. I do think the Lightstream series, for all the convoluted grind it require from you, will be the actual EP5 "Austere"
    people seem to be missing the bigger picture here. old austere was farmable and BiS. xion weps are not farmable, you can't fill your classes out.
    Last edited by milranduil; Dec 4, 2018 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    here's a relative damage calc, so that you can understand

people seem to be missing the bigger picture here. old austere was farmable and BiS. xion weps are not farmable, you can't fill your classes out.
    Fair enough. Hopefully they buff Austere a wee bit to make it decent. I was kind of surprised too they only give 9% with Neme/Slave potential. at least they could have made it 12 to make the weapon decent, and it would have fit nicely with OT being a 12% pot.

so the 15*'s series wars has begun but from what my friend told me about the math last night, i think its:

Xion>Atra EX>Austere NT now correct?

this is pretty laughable, all this farming and hush hush on Austere NT only to not be the top or at least 2nd place by not much is pretty hilarious, what the hell do i even do with the materials now???

I didnt expect Austere to be the top dog for this ep, but instead the Lumiere upgrade. Never would have thought that the real Uber weapon would ask for old DB CF(which werent even a full line). I am set for all except Elder sadly line ):

Even with the 12* Austere Units Set effect I doubt Austere Wand will beat Lightstream Wand in terms of DPS. The difference is 251 flat S-ATK but due to Wand reactor you have to add additional 98 S-ATK on top (349 S-ATK difference total). Not only that but Lightstream Potential seems to also Recover your PP fully once they become low (with cooldown mind you) but this would help Te/Fi big time in terms of Tech DPS.

Frankly I don't know what Sega was thinking. Do set effects at the very least benefit from Shifta/Deband or do they behave like Weapons stats?

I think the only "equipment" counted as base stat is the Mag. So yeah, I doubt the set effect will make Austere weapon better than the rest, but hopefully is a good set in general.

Only thing that worries me moving onto 15* weapons now is leaving behind the 14* weapons with unique potentials like Radius Arca and Gilles Weihen. Perhaps since Sega is making it easier to obtain these weapons via Crests and CFs we will be able to get their effects with the associated class at all times with a charm or something in the future.

Just wishful thinking though since it seems unlikely Sega would do this since they somehow managed to make Austere barely stronger than one of the materials required to create it and making it the weakest of the three 15* series since it requires the most RNG to obtain.

I guess this explains why Austere-NT is the 15* series that drops from Persona EQ instead of Lightstream.

mmmm, seems like SEGA messed up their infos about the 2nd time stone chronos lol . So a 2nd chronos will be given out via story reward mid-december, and a 3rd will be the title reward via the number of title you got, still for february this one

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-j...tch-12-5-2018/

On a side note, i don't have a Ares NT yet, so even if Austere NT is the least powerful 15* (or just 1% stronger than Ares-NT), it doesn't matter that much to me, at any rate i would rather use Austere NT than Ares NT because most of Ares weapons look just make me want to put a camo ASAP xD, but i really like most of Austere NT weapons looking wise
    Last edited by Cyber Meteor; Dec 4, 2018 at 03:07 PM.

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

I've changed my stance on 15* releasing, because of Atra EX. I'm nearly set up to make a 155 T-ATK talisman with S1-3 damage boosts, and talisman S4 is pretty sweet. I don't like how not very hard to obtain they are, it's gonna be pretty cool having a nearly max possible damage weapon though.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968