Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

How about just dropping the general powerlevel and mobility for players and enemies? So that getting hit depends more on the player skill, instead of being blindsided?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilich View Post
    How about just dropping the general powerlevel and mobility for players and enemies? So that getting hit depends more on the player skill, instead of being blindsided?
    It would work for sure...but remember, playerbase is a fickle woman. Nerfing overpowered things already poses a lot of problems in that regard, but if you're going to nerf blanket anythingeven though it is in a (overpowered) state of balance. You will get a huge backlash.
    People put a lot of the backlash of EP5 on Hero, but I don't think said backlash would have been that huge if they didn't ALSO nerf the other classes, because those nerfs felt unwarranted and unfair in comparison to what the new class had. Reverting is hard so barring a re-boot (which won't happen given how old the game is), or a sequel (not happening in the near future for sure). I don't see something like this happening any time soon. The very best we can hope is pulling some damage numbers down and enemy buffs.

this make me think about the ol Dodge vs Block debacles that happened on psow, it'll only make the Block people upset because they feel theyre being punished for Blocking "unavoidable" hits or something.

It is entirely possible to revert all powerscaling without nerfing anything, and I have mentioned multiple times how that can happen: Immensely buff both players and enemies in future content, with enemies getting an additional edge:
    - Give massive HP boost per level from 86 to 90 (like 500 per level). All players are now significantly tankier at lvl90 (eg. 2x to 4x).
    - Do not buff healing or lifestealing (so basically all healing is nerfed relative to HP Max by 50%-80%, except for percentage-based heals without a cap)
    - Increase enemy damage so that enemies hit about 2x as much at 90 than they do at 85. This means that players can withstand between equal and 2,5x as many hits compared to 85.

With the above, you have players not getting one-shotted as often, you don't have Hero Boost interrupted with just 1 enemy slap, and you don't have as many Fullcures are before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It is entirely possible to revert all powerscaling without nerfing anything, and I have mentioned multiple times how that can happen: Immensely buff both players and enemies in future content, with enemies getting an additional edge:
    - Give massive HP boost per level from 86 to 90 (like 500 per level). All players are now significantly tankier at lvl90 (eg. 2x to 4x).
    - Do not buff healing or lifestealing (so basically all healing is nerfed relative to HP Max by 50%-80%, except for percentage-based heals without a cap)
    - Increase enemy damage so that enemies hit about 2x as much at 90 than they do at 85. This means that players can withstand between equal and 2,5x as many hits compared to 85.

With the above, you have players not getting one-shotted as often, you don't have Hero Boost interrupted with just 1 enemy slap, and you don't have as many Fullcures are before.
    It would create more problem than solutions. It would merely shift the attention to atomizer/mate lovers,/mag actions unless you nerf that too in which case every fight becomes a battle of attrition. And even if you went that way it would be far easier to go the over way and introduce healing reduction + enemy power nerf than the other way around. Healing reduction can also be fixed on a quest-by-quest basis, but your HP is your main stat so it would have to be that in every quest, making it hell to balance, and making every piece of older content completely irrelevant barring fixing them all which doesn't sound likely

I never had a problem with one-shots in PSO2 (solo XQ aside) because they follow the fair one-shot rulebook of being heavily telegraphed and depending on things that are easy to track (enemy HP, time and so on). Hero Boost is mostly a skill + skill tree issue as was mentioned. High Time for GU isn't nearly as much of a problem, of course because it recovers faster, but even if it didn't, it would be ok because it's one of several multipliers. I wouldn't mind losing Hero Boost that much if I could actually try and work to make the most of my other multipliers, instead of just "waiting for it to come back"
    The overheal problem only touches Resta, Megiverse and lifesteal weapons, which could be easily fixed like zanverse was, a.k.a giving fixed values to them. make 250HP the universal resta tick and 100HP per hit cap the universal megiverse value. I'd straight up change Atra GS S4 at this point but it ain't happening xD. The most elegant solution to lifesteal weapons for me imo would be all of them stopping to heal past a certain value (say after you regained 60% of your HP, you can only refill the rest through healing techs/items)

Done with my wishlist xD, I don't really mind the state of the game as much as I sound to though. It's more that I do think there are more elegant solutions to the healing and damage issues than upscales/downscales. It's unlikely to happen, so I just leave that as random daydreaming

Upgrading mobility was the best thing ep 5 had done. I can't imagine going back to pre-ep 5 sluggishness and still enjoying it, knowing how fast I used to go.

Besides, technically you could still move ridiculously fast before, it just required arcane techniques such as quad dash. Giving all players increased mobility instead of locking it behind mastery of game engine abuse? Sounds like a good thing to me.

Regarding Hero Boost, I'm torn. On one hand my own performance is far from perfect so making it harder to drop would certainly benefit me. On the other, Hero is a class that is supposed to be about playing an untouchable and flashy character who doesn't let enemies land a single hit, and because of Hero Boost's all-or-nothing status that class identity is really strong. Making the boost easier to maintain would weaken Hero's identity.

It's almost here. This month went by really quickly...
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    It's almost here. This month went by really quickly...
    Phantom is next year though, time to go into cryo sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    It would create more problem than solutions. It would merely shift the attention to atomizer/mate lovers,/mag actions unless you nerf that too in which case every fight becomes a battle of attrition. And even if you went that way it would be far easier to go the over way and introduce healing reduction + enemy power nerf than the other way around. Healing reduction can also be fixed on a quest-by-quest basis, but your HP is your main stat so it would have to be that in every quest, making it hell to balance, and making every piece of older content completely irrelevant barring fixing them all which doesn't sound likely
    I disagree, as I see it, my solution solves more problems than it creates:
    1) It will help the situation of glass cannons dying too easily, Hero Boost, and other skills/weapon potentials requiring a HP threshold to activate. This includes both cases where a player has to be over a percentage and where the player has to be below a percentage.
    2) It does not diminish the benefit of dodging/blocking in higher end-content, even though it does diminish it in easier content. In other words it lowers the skill floor to experience content, while keeping the ceiling where it was.
    3) It will increase the value of DEF relative to HP Max. So players may have to do some theorycrafting and check if they are better of with DEF affixes instead of HP ones.
    4) It will allow for more enemy attacks other than oneshots to be something the player will want to avoid, without again allowing the player to just facetank everything (unless you build a 10k HP HU/SU or something).
    4a) It will allow for more creative builds to be able to clear content without "dethroning" the absolute-full-100%-pure-dps-but-I-die-from-an-Oodan-fart builds from being the most efficient.
    5) It will allow for better balance between player choice of "should I go for a bit of survivability or for a bit of extra damage?".
    6) It does not effect old content, as my suggestion will work for enemies and content for lvl86+. So there will be nothing to balance and check again for lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    The overheal problem only touches Resta, Megiverse and lifesteal weapons, which could be easily fixed like zanverse was, a.k.a giving fixed values to them. make 250HP the universal resta tick and 100HP per hit cap the universal megiverse value. I'd straight up change Atra GS S4 at this point but it ain't happening xD. The most elegant solution to lifesteal weapons for me imo would be all of them stopping to heal past a certain value (say after you regained 60% of your HP, you can only refill the rest through healing techs/items)
    While I agree about Resta, Megiverse etc. being problematic, I am entirely opposite of your suggestion. Every ability should have a scaling factor to show that the player advances in power.

Resta is problematic because (i) it does not take into account player's weapon T-atk, (ii) it's spammable and (iii) it's useless when everyone flies around the battlefield while you try to charge it. This makes Resta more powerful on a full-dps Force than it does on a full-support Techer. At the same time, because it is so extremely powerful relative to max hp, the talent Resta Advance is useless. I would redesign Resta to take full T-atk into account, have lower output (so instead of Tatk/4 something like Tatk/20 to be closer to a Monomate per charged tick), Resta Advance increasing by 50% instead of just 20%, and maybe even a new talent under Resta Advance which makes uncharged Resta gain the range of charged Resta, while maintaining just 2 ticks and lower healing per tick.

Megiverse if problematic because player output is magnitudes over our HP bars. It would be less problematic if it had a cap like other lifesteal options, for example 5% of caster's T-atk. That way healing per tick is higher the better stats the caster has, and it's not a full-heal per PA used.

Regarding Zanverse, I would actually prefer its redesign from a static 5.5sec duration to infinite duration until it has hit its damage cap, or the caster casts another field. The damage cap of the field would be dependant again on caster's T-atk. This would help in that the player could cast it once when soloing and then "forgetting" about it without missing out on its effect unless movement is required, and more often in a support-ish role in multiplayer content where other players help reach that cap. (In fact I would prefer this treatment for other fields as well).
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Nov 19, 2018 at 06:13 AM.

I see that scaling hp can reduce the damage levels of mobs and players, but such a change is too drastic. For example, SH players that enter XH content are already met with enemies that are brick walls in comparison. Lvl 90 content, and it'll have to be lvl 90 only content, will be 4x as bad.

Sega will probably have to continue the arms race of Player Damage/HP vs Mob Damage/HP, but I don't think that mobility and healing should grow alongside those. I'd prefer for those last 2 to decrease, putting more emphasis into player skill of solving the problem of not enough mobility and healing through classes/gear that are not only damage and teamwork, but alas.