Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

I dunno, calling bullshit on someone saying a class is unplayable doesn't seem contrarian.

Gee whiz, I can't move with this two button set up, my attacks don't work and nothing loads! Sure is unplayable!

OF COURSE I'M SAYING THAT'S NOT TRUE!

OF COURSE IT'S FUCKING PLAYABLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    I dunno, calling bullshit on someone saying a class is unplayable doesn't seem contrarian.

Gee whiz, I can't move with this two button set up, my attacks don't work and nothing loads! Sure is unplayable!

ofc "not playable" is not the right word, but 3 buttons is just so much better. It took me times to switch to 3 buttons so i don't judge, but you should learn it with Phantom, it's easier with a class you never played before (it's what i did with Hero).
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Ok so rather than igniring my point, pls switch to 2 button type and play any relevant endgame solo content and see how playable it is

This talking out of your ass is specifically why people assume youre a contrarian just fir the sake of it.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Apr 19, 2019 at 09:22 AM.

Obviously 14 and 15* weapons are going to be the best for Phantom, but is anyone else thinking how Vades Zapper will interact with Phantom's basic attacks?

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Vades_Zapper

I can't find any youtube videos on the weapon, anyone actually have this thing? It's coming back for the Easter CO's and I'm planning on getting one for the Phantom level-cap release and S2 skill anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Endler View Post
    Obviously 14 and 15* weapons are going to be the best for Phantom, but is anyone else thinking how Vades Zapper will interact with Phantom's basic attacks?

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Vades_Zapper

I can't find any youtube videos on the weapon, anyone actually have this thing? It's coming back for the Easter CO's and I'm planning on getting one for the Phantom level-cap release and S2 skill anyway.
    It probably would work but iirc Phantoms main gameplay mechanic of building up markers and detonating them requires the use of Techs and PA so it probably wont be anywhere near what's viable to be considered a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    It probably would work but iirc Phantoms main gameplay mechanic of building up markers and detonating them requires the use of Techs and PA so it probably wont be anywhere near what's viable to be considered a niche.
    There's nothing preventing you from building markers via basic attacks. Building markers from PAs and Techs is in addition to normals, not the only way to build them.

I doubt that the waves shot from the potential will build markers themselves, but that's not really the point. Phantoms receive huge bonuses to ranged attacks from their tree that should all affect the waves. This could potentially lead to some pretty crazy damage. I found a video of a Te/Hu using a wand with the same potential, and it seemed to hit pretty hard even with the minimal multipliers to ranged attacks.

It's all speculation until the patch drops. There's always the chance that the rod remains FO only for some reason, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Ok so rather than igniring my point, pls switch to 2 button type and play any relevant endgame solo content and see how playable it is

This talking out of your ass is specifically why people assume youre a contrarian just fir the sake of it.
    I mean, you're the one talking out of your ass saying it's unplayable.

But sure.

The answer is going to be perfectly fine btw.

I mean, you're the one talking out of your ass saying it's unplayable.

But sure.

The answer is going to be perfectly fine btw.
    its not unplayable but your overall DPS is going to be in the gutter because of how 2 button layout works and how Ph requires weapon actions to be constantly used.

By all means, prove is all wrong, clear the solo XQ with Phantom with 2 button layout and show us just how good you are (if your time is beyond 10mins, welp you showed us and the time consists from starting the first gate upon killing Elder, not the time that counts during each stage either). Have some grace time and post a vid or something a week after the class is out. I mean it's really the only way to prove us wrong with superior 2 button skills you have
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    its not unplayable but your overall DPS is going to be in the gutter because of how 2 button layout works and how Ph requires weapon actions to be constantly used.

By all means, prove is all wrong, clear the solo XQ with Phantom with 2 button layout and show us just how good you are (if your time is beyond 10mins, welp you showed us and the time consists from starting the first gate upon killing Elder, not the time that counts during each stage either). Have some grace time and post a vid or something a week after the class is out. I mean it's really the only way to prove us wrong with superior 2 button skills you have
    Not that I endorse 2 button or anything but unless they drastically changed it in the 3 or so years since I used it, weapon action on 2 button was always available on the palette shift button (except for rod/talis/wand).

So phantom would have access to 6 of its 12 PAs on its 6 weapon slots, plus I guess you could put the other 6 on the subpalette once ep6 hits. Sounds miserable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Not that I endorse 2 button or anything but unless they drastically changed it in the 3 or so years since I used it, weapon action on 2 button was always available on the palette shift button (except for rod/talis/wand).

So phantom would have access to 6 of its 12 PAs on its 6 weapon slots, plus I guess you could put the other 6 on the subpalette once ep6 hits. Sounds miserable though.
    ah ya i forgot about the subpallete fix which will give him leeway in his playstyle soon which makes my challenge sorta pointless because the only alternative would be to NOT use the subpallete for those and stick to the old ways but I know he wont do it. poked a hole in my bubble lol
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers