Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 105057585960616263 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    If I recall correctly, Resta only takes your base T-ATK into account for calculations, so low base T-ATK (like if you don't have a pure DEX or T-ATK mag) plus the reduction from Quick Charge means low healing numbers.
    Thanks, that's bad. I got pure dex mag.

Quote Originally Posted by shuravii View Post
    Started playing ph recently and got a question about rod: i got dim rod (not +35 yet, 1600 tatk) and resta 17lvl, but healing numbers are hillarious - crafted (+80%) it gives me like 200hp. Am i missing something? Or just healing technics ar unusable by ph?
    Okay so in normal circumstances I heal with a LS rod about 1112, in something that has reduced healing like Lumin UQ, it cuts in half to 556. This is with a 88% Resta craft and Shifta Drink Ex. I don't know what could increase your Resta healing aside general T atk affixes on gear, I've never tried to see if SSA's helped out at all (which I dont think they do). Healing with Resta is fine as Ph, the only things again I can think of is your gear, the other alternatives for healing are Megiverse and S2 Sturdy Intent.

Dex mag is pretty much needed for Ph if you intend to play it's other weapons aside Rod (so the damage isn't nearly as bad), even if you had a 200 T atk mag, a 200 Dex mag would still give you 200 S/R/T atk with Ph's mag skill which is what was intended anyways. Similar to Hr's and Et's mag skill
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Nov 12, 2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

So, to clarify everything all at once: My katana is only good for bossing (God it's fun though), my rifle is for mobbing, and the rod is for being best damage overall.

What techs should I be using? I've been using a high power craft of Ragrants.
    [INSERT SOMETHING WITTY]

Quote Originally Posted by chaoko99 View Post
    So, to clarify everything all at once: My katana is only good for bossing (God it's fun though), my rifle is for mobbing, and the rod is for being best damage overall.

Rod = Mobbing/Bossing
    Katana = Primarily bossing but can do mobbing but it might be a bit more difficult and not recommended in mpa's. People have done 2 laps of EnQ with Kat only though so mobbing is a thing with it.
    Rifle = in XH content can be used for both mob/bossing but in UH its highly recommended you use Rod/Kat over rifle solely because of its Multiplier. But I suppose if you don't care about doing youre most damage then its fine to use it. Can be used for both mob/bossing though

Use Il Grants, Ragrants has its uses still but Il Grants performs better
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Pure Dex MAG is the best for any class that has Ph, Bo or Br as a subclass and mainly for the Br/Bo and Bo/Br combinations and Ph by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoko99 View Post
    Grants, ilgrants, gigrants-0, And rabarta are the standard techs you use on phantom.

Some more questions.
    In case it matters, my units have an equal amount of each atk. Atm I'm using Resonant Katana with S1 Rad Grace, S2 Rad Strike 2 and S3 Rad Grace 2 | Exacrimav | Novel Rod with S4: Saint Shield
    On my tree I got all skills maxed except Mark PP Drain, Mark Heal, LoT and PP High Up

1) How to boss with Katana without using regular Folterzeit? I often have the issue that the target won't stay in Folterzeit range for long, so even if I alternate Rose Schwert and Folterzeit I still don't get much damage out of Folterzeit and iirc Rose Schwert spam isn't that good because positioning and hitting weakspots can be awkward like this.

2) And what is rifle good for? Someone mentioned in UH ranged damage is reduced so it's weaker in bossing and mobbing than the other weapons, by about how much is it weaker and is there no point in using rifle at all in UH?
    When testing a bit I found rifle mobbing with Exacrimav good using shift Verbrechen for dot at the start (and refreshing when it ends) and then using Kugelsturm / Verbrechen x2 > 3rd normal (which is kinda like Grenade Shell with Exacrimav). How good is this compared to rod casting and Katana and can it be improved to be worth using in UH (as it's pretty fun)?
    As a hr main I love swapping weapons a lot, so if possible I'd like to use rifle as well but if it's just too weak compared to rod and katana I might as well not bother.

3) Also, I'm a bit rusty on how Marks positioning work, to explode the mark on the desired body part, e.g.if the mark is currently on Rockbear's body, to explode it on the head I can just straight away use a charged weapon action on the head without having to use a normal attack or pa on the head first?

4) If the weapon action hits more than one body part, how is determined which is hit by the explosion? By which part gets hit first? I just fought Double and Rockbear and couldn't really tell what really happened for a number of detonations.

5) What's the best strategy to detonate Marks on each weapon for mobbing / bossing? I generally wait for purple on bosses and do it dort of randomly on mobs cause I have no clue.

6) I might have asked before but forgot, what techs are good for ranged bossing (mid / long) (I hate Nafoie cause it travels so slowly and it misses a lot for me), I see people mentioned Megid but not Gimegid, I thought Gimegid is quite strong at mid range (changed to umbral craft)?
    And what techs are good for mobbing for small aoe and for larger aoe? Zondeel is quite useless for me cause of my connection or whatever reason, most enemies barely move half a step and all disperse again before I can hit them with a follow up attack.

PS: Brilliant Ilgrants damage is indeed insane, easy 160k per use and lvl 80 Rockbear took less than a minute.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Nov 30, 2019 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    snip
    1. Schmetterling's great for closing small gaps, use it in conjunction with Folter Zeit. Quick Cut also makes you travel large distances. QC Wolkenkratzer or QC Rose Schwert will keep you stationary if QC got you close enough.

5. That's the general idea, detonate blue marks on mobs whenever you need to recover PP/deal extra damage

6. Gimegid and Grants work pretty well for things that are farther away. A lot of people use Megid because of it's great ability to mob and deal large single target damage, especially shines in Armada. Rabarta and Gizonde are great for mobbing, they build markers quickly.
    Last edited by Effarion; Dec 3, 2019 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    3) Also, I'm a bit rusty on how Marks positioning work, to explode the mark on the desired body part, e.g.if the mark is currently on Rockbear's body, to explode it on the head I can just straight away use a charged weapon action on the head without having to use a normal attack or pa on the head first?

4) If the weapon action hits more than one body part, how is determined which is hit by the explosion? By which part gets hit first? I just fought Double and Rockbear and couldn't really tell what really happened for a number of detonations.
    3&4. In terms of detonating marks, the current position of the marks actually doesn't matter. It is just a graphic to help you see how much the marks have accumulated. The point of detonation happens wherever your weapon hits with its charged shift action.

For rifle, marks detonate wherever the shot hits.

For rod, I think marks detonate wherever the automatic target lock is (NOT where your actual target lock is). A strategy for landing the detonation where you want is more-or-less try to be as close to the point you want to hit as possible. It's annoying, but it something you just have to get used to while playing Ph.

I am not sure about mark detonation with katana since I don't use it much, but I believe it hits at the same place that rod would.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Effarion View Post

6. Gimegid and Grants work pretty well for things that are farther away. A lot of people use Megid because of it's great ability to mob and deal large single target damage, especially shines in Armada. Rabarta and Gizonde are great for mobbing, they build markers quickly.
    Megid is great and all but using it on bosses is not great, opt for Gi or Sa Megid. The SnS mobs you encounter in Armada EQ is where you should be using Gi Megid and not just Megid since you obviously lock on to its core wp
    PSO2 NGS