Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 94956575859606162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will_2_Power View Post
    Alright... just a quick comment coming through based on my observations.

So after trying out Ph for several days, and from watching some Ph Endless Runs (ぴょんす's run/explanation of how to do Endless on youtube) for reference, to better myself, it appears that in general:

Rod > Rifle > Katana

And yeah, like what Steve said, with rod, it's best to just be mainly using Techs.

So the "optimal" playstyle is to basically/mainly play like Fo while occasionally using Rifle for quick mobbing (Kugel), precision/head-shots (Nacht or Shifted Kugel) in TPS mode

Katana, it seems, is the weakest link of the 3 weapons, and kind of superfluous; whatever it can do, the other two weapons can do it better.
    with strictly t-atk units, katana is basically useless for ph yes (you'd only really use it for masquerade if anything). that being said, katana is still quite strong, but it's much less intuitive than rod phantom. for t-atk phantom, anytime you're hitting a boss where striking damage ends up better than tech DPS (gal gryphon or UH variant, UQ lilipa cats/guranz, DF elder), the first rod PA is decent. if you have hybrid atk units, or at least t-atk focused with some s-atk, katana is still better in these situations than rod.

@Mil:

Thank you pointing out striking damage vs. tech damage and situations where Katana is better than Rod.

Was there a chart buried in here somewhere listing the marker build rates of various techs?

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

oh hm, the talis short charge skill is straight up only theoretically good for ilfoie; and even then I havent factored in the post-tech-casting animation, so even that might not benefit. that skill seemed to look like it was there just to compensate for the half-second it takes for you to shoot out an eisen fugel talis and JA into a tech from it; spend a half-second shooting the talis but you save half a second on charging most techs, but they seemed to have failed to remember they also gave phantom the Tech Short Charge skill.... so that means only techs with at least a 2 second base charge time see any benefit from talis short charge, which is just straight up Ilfoie and Ilfoie only

that's pretty heck'd up

oh right and you still only do the phantom rod tech cast bonus attack from your own position, so using the eisen talis is likely going to make you whiff that too. boy howdy did they not think that through

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    that skill seemed to look like it was there just to compensate for the half-second it takes for you to shoot out an eisen fugel talis and JA into a tech from it;
    That seems to be exactly what it's for. I don't even use the talis PA that often, and when I do the tech I use it with doesn't even benefit from the short charge (Gigrants-0). If you could cast more than one tech from it before it reset then It might be worth using, but without zondeel first it's hard to get mobs into position to get hit by anything you use with it.

remember the Ultra Hard content weapon meta:

Rod=Katana>Rifle
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post

Rod=Katana>Rifle
    maybe if we're talking raid or luminmechs quests but any mobbing involving actual head multipliers (like seasonals and fields) benefits greaty from rifle usage? SO even that is,'t completely true

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    maybe if we're talking raid or luminmechs quests but any mobbing involving actual head multipliers (like seasonals and fields) benefits greaty from rifle usage? SO even that is,'t completely true
    Ranged weapons in UH content have a lower dmg modifier (including headshots) than Tech and Strike so essentially using Rifle while ya it looks good the other 2 are performing better. I may be wording this a tad bit wrong but someone else can explain i guess
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post

Rod=Katana>Rifle
    Started playing ph recently and got a question about rod: i got dim rod (not +35 yet, 1600 tatk) and resta 17lvl, but healing numbers are hillarious - crafted (+80%) it gives me like 200hp. Am i missing something? Or just healing technics ar unusable by ph?

Quote Originally Posted by shuravii View Post
    Started playing ph recently and got a question about rod: i got dim rod (not +35 yet, 1600 tatk) and resta 17lvl, but healing numbers are hillarious - crafted (+80%) it gives me like 200hp. Am i missing something? Or just healing technics ar unusable by ph?
    If I recall correctly, Resta only takes your base T-ATK into account for calculations, so low base T-ATK (like if you don't have a pure DEX or T-ATK mag) plus the reduction from Quick Charge means low healing numbers.