Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sriracha X View Post
    I had Attack Jellen maxed and put points into Mark PP Drain and Mark Heal at first, but after resetting I just put 2 points into Attack Jellen and none in Mark PP Drain/Heal.

I find that even at 3%, you'll still put Jellen on an enemy that will live past a few hits quite easily and I find that Mark PP Drain/Heal would only apply in mobbing situations. You can get PP back easily enough from detonating a marker and if you need health, just cast Megiverse/Resta and you're done, so they seemed useless.
    Thank you for your thought. In that case Im skipping PP drain and heal since I wasnt sure if it really was useful in getting those. Might as well add 2 points in Attack Jellen

Do zanverse procs stack marks? I've been messing around with trying to do a zanverse build while leveling. Using it plus fast multi hitting techs. Idk if it's strong but it has been pretty fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    I have two more questions (as a PHantom Main) :

-1- I have THIS Lightstream Salvaxion. Is it worth switching to an Atlas Zemus EX with almost the same affixes except two of them being replaced with S1:Eclipsing Decay and Phrase Decay (given all the Jellen mechanics available) or not ?

-2- Does a Jellen inflicted by S1:Eclipsing Decay (or a Basilis weapon for example) benefit from the better duration and debilitation granted by the PHantom's skills Attack Jellen and Jellen Redress or are they treated as two "different" Jellens ?
    No information about this yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    No information about this yet ?
    I wouldn't waste an S1 on eclipsing decay on phantom. Statistically, you should get at least one jellen trigger every other ilgrants with 5 points into attack jellen.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Damage numbers appear 10 frames after the hit actually registers (with jp ping speed). I also have it at 75 which is when the last hit registers, but honestly, I wouldn't expect anyone to be frame perfect with that. So if we go based on what swiki has minus 10, it should be around 1050 dps.
    Thanks but... oof. If swiki doesn't have some weird quirks behind getting their numbers for the normal 1-2-3 string, that will out dps both rose sword and butterfly if you're using atra with calming intent, and only losing out on very slight mark generation and utility.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Apr 28, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

Ok, a few questions around technique usage, because I pretty much never played Force/Techer (I have them at 75 for class boost, but that was accomplished mostly with a Gunslash and bonus quests). I am mostly looking at Phantom as a subclass, but at the same time I don't want to suck at it while leveling it up.

1). Which techniques should I be using with my rod on Phantom?
    2). Which techniques should I be crafting for Phantom and how?

Thanks.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

I am a bit at a loss with how I can use marks on my Katana and rifle, can somebody explain the mechanics behind those two weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    Ok, a few questions around technique usage, because I pretty much never played Force/Techer (I have them at 75 for class boost, but that was accomplished mostly with a Gunslash and bonus quests). I am mostly looking at Phantom as a subclass, but at the same time I don't want to suck at it while leveling it up.

Thanks.
    I don't generally play caster classes so I could be wrong, but I think the staples for phantom are brilliant ilgrants and gigrants t0. Though I'll point out since you said you've never played force/techer that you don't have to use rod on phantom if you don't want to, both of the other weapons are perfectly serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    I am a bit at a loss with how I can use marks on my Katana and rifle, can somebody explain the mechanics behind those two weapons?
    Marks will accumulate any time you hit a target, eventually showing up as a blue icon and later turning purple. You can detonate the mark with a charged weapon action any time after the blue icon appears, but ideally you'd detonate it when it turns purple.

Some other things to note:

You can have marks on multiple targets, but I believe there's a limit to how many.

The mark will shrink and disappear after a few seconds, but it's still there; marks don't actually go away until they're detonated.

If you damage a mob that has a mark the mark will move to whatever part of the mob you just hit, and if you hit it with a charged weapon action it will move before it detonates. So all that matters is where you use the charged weapon action, where the icon is is meaningless. Why the icon works the way it does rather than like ilbarta's glyph I don't know, but it's super confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    I don't generally play caster classes so I could be wrong, but I think the staples for phantom are brilliant ilgrants and gigrants t0. Though I'll point out since you said you've never played force/techer that you don't have to use rod on phantom if you don't want to, both of the other weapons are perfectly serviceable.
    Thanks. As it happens, a couple of things about Phantom address some of the reasons I haven't really enjoyed playing Force before, so I am probably going to experiment with both Phantom Rod and Force/Phantom at least a little bit. I'll confess I'm primarily leveling it for Bo/Ph purposes, though.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Thanks.
    brilliant ilgrants- among the highest single target dps techs
    multi rabarta- strong AOE tech that builds enough marks to get all targets that linger near your 3rd rabarta primed for detonation
    ramegid 0
    safoie 0

Stay away from concentrated offensive tech crafts.

I'm primarily leveling it for Bo/Ph purposes, though.
    That shite needs a nerfing
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Apr 28, 2019 at 09:26 PM.

After playing and getting used to the Phantom class for a bit now, I've noticed one glaring problem that I can't find an answer to. I feel like I'm doing something wrong when it comes to gear buildup. I get my dark blast long before i build one bar of gear to be able to use phantom time. Is there a hidden mechanic I'm missing or does it really build that slow?