Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 64653545556575859 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    If I had to pick one for Ph rod, should I just go with the almost-obvious lightstream?
    Yes. LS all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    As a Rod-PH, I'm currently using Rappy Shine Rear + Lightstream Arms/Legs. Since I recently got a Lightstream Rear, I was wondering if I should switch my Rear or not.
    What would be the safest/wisest choice for running UH (if there's any consensus about it) ?
    Ph is squishy and UH mobs can do 800+ damage, bosses 1000+. For example Sturm Mizer shoots 3 missiles doing 400+ damage each and all 3 hit with only half a second between them.
    You sure you want to get rid of Rappy Shine?

That aside, is it worth re-affixing a weapon with Elegant Power (wasting it in the process) to add Phrase decay? Or is Jellen not common enough (with all Jellen skills) to be worth it?

Also, how does rod pa damage compare to techs? I got about 25% more damage with e.g. Ruf Concert compared to Ragrants and I really don't know when techs are a good choice and when rod pas are better.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Ph is squishy and UH mobs can do 800+ damage, bosses 1000+. For example Sturm Mizer shoots 3 missiles doing 400+ damage each and all 3 hit with only half a second between them.
    You sure you want to get rid of Rappy Shine?

That aside, is it worth re-affixing a weapon with Elegant Power (wasting it in the process) to add Phrase decay? Or is Jellen not common enough (with all Jellen skills) to be worth it?

Also, how does rod pa damage compare to techs? I got about 25% more damage with e.g. Ruf Concert compared to Ragrants and I really don't know when techs are a good choice and when rod pas are better.
    RodPH has the most braindead spammable invincibility frame with charging techs that I wouldn't call it squishy at all. You shouldn't be dying if you take advantage. I'd definitely suggest lightstream rear since it has a nice cushion of HP in the first place and is an overall amazing unit.

Phrase Decay is all if you want to min-max, I find it pretty useful in the new EQ though. If you have the money to do it go for it, if not just hold off.

Techs > Rod PAs but you need to get the right crafts. Get brilliant il grants (best single target DPS for RodPH, be close so all hits make it), brilliant ragrants for some mobbing situations, brilliant grants for long range single target DPS, type-0 gigrants for mobbing. Il Grants is the most important here though. You can also use megid, il barta, I mostly just use the light techs tbh. As for PAs, Ruf Konzert is pretty great for mobbing still and voelkermord is decent on stationary targets where you can just hold down the PA. Shift voelkermord and type-0 ramegid are great for getting more markers as well.

Character ID: Ayzo
    Ayzo - 75FO/75TE/75BR/75HU/75BO/75FI/75RA/75GU

Thanks.
    Is Brilliant Ilgrants also good for bossing?
    Atm for bossing I just switch to Folterzeit on Katana but I don't know how to use it efficiently without running out of pp as using QC gives a very long shifta pa window and I don't really want to use the shift Folterzeit that much for bossing unless the boss moves a lot.

Also not sure how to use rifle properly, apparently Verbrechen has less dps than normals on top of being very unreliable so it seems quite pointless.
    I switched my Atlas Ex rifle for Exacrimav and it's even stronger with the 3rd normal doing more damage than any pa except a perfectly placed Nachtangriff and also having a big aoe and refilling lots of pp.

Oh and what's the best mobbing on ph?
    Feels like it's rifle to me, with a shift Strafe + shift Verbrechen for dot and then Kugelsturm > Kugelsturm > 3rd normal, re-applying the dot pas whenever a bunch of mobs die. The damage is very high.

PS: I hear people praise Gigrants 0 a lot but I really can't see a point because no matter what the pp usage is far too high, especially on ph which has trouble recovering pp. DPS isn't to be not really that much higher than a good Brilliant craft but you lose a lot of dps from having to constantly refill pp, no?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Thanks.
    Is Brilliant Ilgrants also good for bossing?
    Atm for bossing I just switch to Folterzeit on Katana but I don't know how to use it efficiently without running out of pp as using QC gives a very long shifta pa window and I don't really want to use the shift Folterzeit that much for bossing unless the boss moves a lot.

Also not sure how to use rifle properly, apparently Verbrechen has less dps than normals on top of being very unreliable so it seems quite pointless.
    I switched my Atlas Ex rifle for Exacrimav and it's even stronger with the 3rd normal doing more damage than any pa except a perfectly placed Nachtangriff and also having a big aoe and refilling lots of pp.

Oh and what's the best mobbing on ph?
    Feels like it's rifle to me, with a shift Strafe + shift Verbrechen for dot and then Kugelsturm > Kugelsturm > 3rd normal, re-applying the dot pas whenever a bunch of mobs die. The damage is very high.

PS: I hear people praise Gigrants 0 a lot but I really can't see a point because no matter what the pp usage is far too high, especially on ph which has trouble recovering pp. DPS isn't to be not really that much higher than a good Brilliant craft but you lose a lot of dps from having to constantly refill pp, no?
    Yes, Brilliant ilgrants is good for bossing. Ice fang rabarta has good dpp and builds markers fast on mobbing. Rabarta>Gigrants 0 if the mobs are thick and you can build marker fast enough. Gigrants 0 is nice for spawn camping mobs or if you have decent chunk of pp.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinDeer View Post
    Yes, Brilliant ilgrants is good for bossing. Ice fang rabarta has good dpp and builds markers fast on mobbing. Rabarta>Gigrants 0 if the mobs are thick and you can build marker fast enough. Gigrants 0 is nice for spawn camping mobs or if you have decent chunk of pp.
    When it comes to Rabarta, I tend to prefer the Multi craft for building markers.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Multi rabarta is a larger damage increase, and builds blue marks on all targets fully hit by 2 casts + an extra hit or two of another.

Thanks.

But what is the best mobbing on ph for regular / fast moving bosses?

What are the currently most efficient skill trees for PH Main and PH sub for TE and FO?