Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1353606162636465 LastLast

Question regarding Voltex (Vortex) Rifle - does anyone have more info on this weapon? Browsing through swiki comments on it really only have mentions of the power of the bit shots and with the base R-ATK being lower than Liberate Rifle and only having S1, I'm curious about how it stacks up to other weapons. I've also heard mention of it having a base damage boost that isn't written on the latent.

Then there's the question of the 10M damage requirement to unlock the 2nd bit shot. While not an issue in most content, what about content with damage reduction (e.g. some triggers, Divide Shiva/Varuna)? Is it worth using this if it'll take longer to reach the 10M or would it just make more sense to get Stil Rifle and call it a day?

After using Brilliant Ilgrants for a while I gotta say it's not very reliable and it can partially miss even at close range because the stars don't fly in anything like a straight line and if the target moves a little one or more stars can miss but the dps is only great if all of the stars hit. E.g. on Rockbear, jumping and being within wand normal range of the head Ilgrants frequently does not hit only the head but also the body with 2-3 stars and when Rockbear moves fast 2-3 stars would miss and try to catch up which is of course very difficult because it's so absurdly slow, on Rockbear solo in a small area they could mostly catch up but on other bosses these stars often miss entirely, when the area is larger, the boss moves more (e.g. Ragne or Chrome or banther) or there are other people around which can take aggro so the boss moves even more and less predictably.

On the other hand no issues with Ragrants because damage is dealt faster, swiki lists Ilgrants at 90 frames but that is incorrect because it ignores how long stars can take to hit the target while ragrants will always deal the damage inside the 90 frame window of its animation.
    Ragrants is of course not flawless and can miss in some situations, mainly when the target is small and moves fast but even then the leeway is much more than Ilgrants because Ragrants has medium range and a nice aoe around the lazr. Overall the little bit of higher dps Ilgrants has in optimal situations is not nearly enough to balance out the loss of dps from a couple of the stars frequently missing.

I tested with almost max damage Brilliant Ilgrants / Ragrants.

I'm about to craft Ilgrants for speed again and then compare it to Brilliant Grants for long range use. Sadly even swift Ilgrants has the problem of frequently missing with several stars at any target below mid range which again can happen easily when the target moves a lot.

Dude dont waste more of your time, just stick to and get used to brilliant il grants, theres a reason its good and the best choice. Ragrants still good, it still has its uses on something like Melluda
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    After using Brilliant Ilgrants for a while I gotta say it's not very reliable and it can partially miss even at close range because the stars don't fly in anything like a straight line and if the target moves a little one or more stars can miss but the dps is only great if all of the stars hit. E.g. on Rockbear, jumping and being within wand normal range of the head Ilgrants frequently does not hit only the head but also the body with 2-3 stars and when Rockbear moves fast 2-3 stars would miss and try to catch up which is of course very difficult because it's so absurdly slow, on Rockbear solo in a small area they could mostly catch up but on other bosses these stars often miss entirely, when the area is larger, the boss moves more (e.g. Ragne or Chrome or banther) or there are other people around which can take aggro so the boss moves even more and less predictably.

On the other hand no issues with Ragrants because damage is dealt faster, swiki lists Ilgrants at 90 frames but that is incorrect because it ignores how long stars can take to hit the target while ragrants will always deal the damage inside the 90 frame window of its animation.
    Ragrants is of course not flawless and can miss in some situations, mainly when the target is small and moves fast but even then the leeway is much more than Ilgrants because Ragrants has medium range and a nice aoe around the lazr. Overall the little bit of higher dps Ilgrants has in optimal situations is not nearly enough to balance out the loss of dps from a couple of the stars frequently missing.

I tested with almost max damage Brilliant Ilgrants / Ragrants.

I'm about to craft Ilgrants for speed again and then compare it to Brilliant Grants for long range use. Sadly even swift Ilgrants has the problem of frequently missing with several stars at any target below mid range which again can happen easily when the target moves a lot.
    swift ilgrants has a harder time hitting precisely, so you'd only be hurting yourself more. when something consistently moves a lot, you should use both brilliant ilgrants and grants depending on what the target is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    swift ilgrants has a harder time hitting precisely, so you'd only be hurting yourself more. when something consistently moves a lot, you should use both brilliant ilgrants and grants depending on what the target is doing.
    RIP
    Guess for range grants is the only real choice then.
    For short range I'll mostly stick to Ragrants though cause frequently I see Ilgrants stars missing even though I'm really close.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    RIP
    Guess for range grants is the only real choice then.
    For short range I'll mostly stick to Ragrants though cause frequently I see Ilgrants stars missing even though I'm really close.
    as i've asked numerous times in the past, seeing what you're doing would be helpful. the majority of the time ilgrants shouldn't be missing, so either you're TPS'ing it for no reason, or using it on the wrong target, something of that sort.

I never do tps and I'm really just charging Ilgrants on the way to get close and release when at katana normal distance or less.
    Rockbear causes a lot more misses than most other targets because he frequently swings his large hitbox arms and even if it looks like you'll hit the head you still see low damage but it's not negligible on other targets either.

And I just realized maybe this was not the right thread because it's less of an issue on phantom which moves fast with charged techs and I've been playing much more teet recently (although Brilliant Ilgrants gets recommended for all casters) which doesn't have charge reduction nor charge movement speed so moving slowly while trying to get close to a target moving away can take some time you could spend actually doing damage with Ragrants.

Though, with both classes targets moving a lot means having to constantly spend time to reposition because Brilliant Ilgrants has such a short effective range compared to Ragrants. I don't do much solo content worth making an effort for so enemies moving towards other players and forcing to reposition is common.

you know you can make rockbear stand still in the training quest right? I mean do we need to show you dmg comparisons or something? because Il Grants is going to win everytime. idk why Te/Et over Te/Ph for tech casting but ok
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

How successful of a Phantom would I be with just a tech mag? I’m fine with being pure rod and techs, but will I be severely under powered not dancing between the weapons?

If it’s fine, what’s a good rod phantom tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemhy View Post
    How successful of a Phantom would I be with just a tech mag? I’m fine with being pure rod and techs, but will I be severely under powered not dancing between the weapons?

If it’s fine, what’s a good rod phantom tree?
    You're fine if you want to stick to Rod, with the situation of fighting Anga (and w/e other bosses that resist weps, etc) then you may want to consider investing into a Katana. I'm sure you've read already but Rifle is the worst of the 3 with it's lower dmg multiplier in UH content (which is what everyone runs with currently). I put a Phantom tree build in the General Class Tree thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...scussion-JP-NA
    PSO2 NGS