Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    How would I not hit the mask doing that?
    Oh wow i realized i misread that, have you tried going further to the right on the down phase? I get issues with the hitboxes sometimes at zero range with GU not being able to set off the CT and end up shooting the head somehow. If persona is not in his down phase just be up close
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ratatosk View Post
    I'm thinking of strafe but you should be using both since they both are essentially DoTs
    I can't check right now because maintenance, but I'm pretty sure strafe isn't a DoT. And it doesn't matter either way, because even as DoTs shifted verbrechen and strafe are barely better than normal attacks for the time spent. You should only ever use them if your only alternative is a normal 1 or normal 2, even normal 3 is better DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    I can't check right now because maintenance, but I'm pretty sure strafe isn't a DoT. And it doesn't matter either way, because even as DoTs shifted verbrechen and strafe are barely better than normal attacks for the time spent. You should only ever use them if your only alternative is a normal 1 or normal 2, even normal 3 is better DPS.
    It only takes like .5-1 seconds to set strafe. Same with shifted verve. The point of a DoT is to do extra damage not to do more damage than your other attacks. Unlike your other attacks it still hits while you attack. Also I would hope your normal 3 is doing more damage than strafe and shifted verbena considering its the last part of your normal attack

Quote Originally Posted by ratatosk View Post
    It only takes like .5-1 seconds to set strafe. Same with shifted verve. The point of a DoT is to do extra damage not to do more damage than your other attacks. Unlike your other attacks it still hits while you attack. Also I would hope your normal 3 is doing more damage than strafe and shifted verbena considering its the last part of your normal attack
    I'd argue the problem with some DoT-based attacks is the fact that some of them don't do more damage over their entire duration than a single use of the preferred PA spam dujour. I could use the animation frames, and PP spent on that instead

Is there a consensus so far on skills worth taking on Phantom? I've got 7 points left over and can't really think of what to go for after all the obvious ones. I don't see the point of Jellen beyond 3 points to get Redress since you shouldn't be getting hit anyway and every party has enough Phantoms to ensure bosses always have it applied, last I heard Lord of Thorn wasn't worth putting above 1 to 3 (kept it at 1), Mark Heal is really lame, I don't use katana and Phantom Time takes too long to gain for Mark Boost to seemingly be worth going from 1 to 5.
    Last edited by Azure Falcon; May 10, 2019 at 06:30 AM.

im really glad Phantom turned out to be the GunTecher class I've been wanting all these years (with katana just being thrown in because filler wep). I dont know what it is but Ph really made me not want to play Force anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Is there a consensus so far on skills worth taking on Phantom? I've got 7 points left over and can't really think of what to go for after all the obvious ones. I don't see the point of Jellen beyond 3 points to get Redress since you shouldn't be getting hit anyway and every party has enough Phantoms to ensure bosses always have it applied, last I heard Lord of Thorn wasn't worth putting above 1 to 3 (kept it at 1), Mark Heal is really lame, I don't use katana and Phantom Time takes too long to gain for Mark Boost to seemingly be worth going from 1 to 5.
    Phantom Time is literally not suppose to be super ultra fast to build up in the first place and being able to set off a Det as you proc PT AND rebuild a max Det during those 20's to set off another followed by using PTF is pretty freakin nice if you ask me
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    This is what I'd go with. Move long range mark boost to zero range mark boost if you're using katana (maybe katana needs both? take points from attack jellen or pp high up for it), and move bullseye into whichever of the three is appropriate for your weapon.

The thing about phantom time mark plus is that it's basically the only reason phantom time is even worth it. The finishers are barely better than your PAs in terms of DPS, and while 20% cost reduction is nice it's not really anything to write home about when it's only up ~15% of the time. And it's not like there's anywhere else to put those points - pp high up, lord of thorn, and attack jellen (past 2) are all really weak.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    This is what I'd go with. Move long range mark boost to zero range mark boost if you're using katana (maybe katana needs both? take points from attack jellen or pp high up for it), and move bullseye into whichever of the three is appropriate for your weapon.

The thing about phantom time mark plus is that it's basically the only reason phantom time is even worth it. The finishers are barely better than your PAs in terms of DPS, and while 20% cost reduction is nice it's not really anything to write home about when it's only up ~15% of the time. And it's not like there's anywhere else to put those points - pp high up, lord of thorn, and attack jellen (past 2) are all really weak.
    I'm not using katana at all, really not a fan of how it flows. PT Mark Plus was pretty much top of the list of remaining ones, but it didn't seem essential if there was something better I was overlooking, looking at that tree though the answer is not really. I have Mark PP Drain and both Zero and Long boost (since I'm primarily using techs) instead of anything in PP High Up (already at 205 without drink). Guess I'll put the rest into PT Mark Plus, bring Lord of Thorn up to 3 and keep the spare point for a rainy day.

I am using all weapons and also has tech casting component along side my rod pas is
    http://bit.ly/2Vh3MWn
    A decent tree?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    I am using all weapons and also has tech casting component along side my rod pas is
    http://bit.ly/2Vh3MWn
    A decent tree?
    If you're using all weapons (though I don't know why you'd want to) you should take bullseye and max zero range mark boost. Phantom time jellen plus is unnecessary with three points in attack jellen, you should put those points in phantom time mark boost instead. And with your remaining points you should max dodge pp gain and dump the rest into mark pp drain (since four points in pp high up is worthless) and maybe attack jellen if you're having trouble triggering it consistently.

Here's the tree