Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Judging by the gameplay vids and what we know about the skills Phantom looks like epic fun. So many options, so many strats.
    I really hope casting with rod is strong enough to be viable, that would add a ton more options and strats and i-frames during charging sounds amazing.
    I wonder how many Gundams we'll be having once Phantom is out considering it basically has Funnels.

Sega said they are looking into adding Type 0 craft pas as different pas from the original ones, I wonder if will try to do something like Phantom's shift pa system, though for some weapons tapping or even holding the weapon action button for an arbitrary time already has an important function.

How is Phantom gonna work on the traditional 2-button configuration?
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

It wont. There is no point in playing 2 button Layout

Quote Originally Posted by Anon_Fire View Post
    How is Phantom gonna work on the traditional 2-button configuration?
    its time to switch to the 3 button layout man, its gonna feel uncomfortable for a day or two but you'll get used to it. reason being is that you're going to be using Shift Actions a lot while playing Ph so having that Shift Action key usable at anytime is going to be very much needed. Swapping over to the 3 button layout isn't as horrible as you think and opens up for better flow of play. Definitely give it a go during this week before Ph is out and get a feel for it so its not as uncomfortable that day
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Is Phantom (or hero for that matter) even playable with 2 button?

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Is Phantom (or hero for that matter) even playable with 2 button?
    I don't think any class is playable with 2 buttom layout nowaday. You'd always need to drop 1 PA off your Weapon Pallette and made an extra pallette when you wanna spam 1 specific PA. Even tech classes, who use a similar key modifier to 3 button layout, lose out on one Tech slot for no good reason.

So I'm going to say yes it will, because saying no class is playable with 2 button makes me not take their word with much salt.

It'll be easier sure, no doubt about that. But until it comes out or Sega says it won't work... well, I'll believe that it'll still function.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    So I'm going to say yes it will, because saying no class is playable with 2 button makes me not take their word with much salt.

It'll be easier sure, no doubt about that. But until it comes out or Sega says it won't work... well, I'll believe that it'll still function.
    Gimping yourself gotcha, that extra unneeded challenge bbb
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Classes are balanced with the 3-Button type in mind since Episode 4. The amount of PA a class gets is specifically balanced around the amount you can set up in 3-Button type. Using 2-Button type forces you to essentially cut of a limb of your metaphorical body. For Phantom its twice as much because each Pa doubles thanks to the Shift Action gimmick. If you think this system is so playable I'd gladly watch you clear solo XQ, Solo UQ or how you perform in Endless quests.

Also fyi the only reason Sega hasn't outright deleted 2-Button type is because Vita can't handle 3-Button type due to a lack of buttons (thanks Sony for giving us a shitty back touch-pad instead).
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Apr 18, 2019 at 12:58 PM.

It honestly sounds like you're trying to be contrarian for the sake of it. I'm not sure what is to be gained from this type of mindset with this topic matter.