Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Enemies don't have seperate base and weapon stats as far as I know, so it should effectively be the same thing in this case.
    What I mean is the 15% reduction is an enemy stat reduction rather than a flat reduction on received damage. Because of the way the damage formula works that makes it less than a 15% reduction in received damage.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    What I mean is the 15% reduction is an enemy stat reduction rather than a flat reduction on received damage. Because of the way the damage formula works that makes it less than a 15% reduction in received damage.
    I know it affects base stats, but decreasing their stats would directly decrease their damage by the same percent, unless their attacks have flat amounts added to them or something. If we take player defenses and resistances into account then it gets weird but that has nothing to do with the notation order of enemy attack multipliers.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    This way of thinking only works on players because Jellen/Shifta/Deband effects ignore gear and only boost base stats. From what we know Zalure Weak Bullet is the only one that puts a Damage multiplier on the enemy.
    As far as we know Enemies don't have a portion of stats classified as "gear" so a 15% attack stat reduction would be a 15% damage reduction no matter how convoluted the Damage formula is.

If the formula uses basic Atk - Def before multipliers, then the 15% reduction in base atk would be even more than 15% reduction overall. For example 100 atk - 50 def would net to 50 damage taken. But with the 15% reduction, it would be 85 atk - 50 def = 35 damage done(before multipliers) which means 30% damage reduction in this example.

I think Reilet posted the formula a few months ago when comparing the Rappy Shine with other units, but I dont remember it. I know for sure though that stacking defense against low base enemies works well(Masquerade doing 1s in certain floors with high defense)

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    If the formula uses basic Atk - Def before multipliers, then the 15% reduction in base atk would be even more than 15% reduction overall. For example 100 atk - 50 def would net to 50 damage taken. But with the 15% reduction, it would be 85 atk - 50 def = 35 damage done(before multipliers) which means 30% damage reduction in this example.

I think Reilet posted the formula a few months ago when comparing the Rappy Shine with other units, but I dont remember it. I know for sure though that stacking defense against low base enemies works well(Masquerade doing 1s in certain floors with high defense)
    Wait, THAT'S the order it's calculated in? This explains a lot.

can someone explain to me how this works? I know its the shift version of folter but how is he executing it like that? and does it really give invincibility? lol

Quote Originally Posted by rashoood View Post

can someone explain to me how this works? I know its the shift version of folter but how is he executing it like that? and does it really give invincibility? lol
    Executing it like what? It makes you go in the opposite direction you hold, and he's just following it up with quick cut. It's not a high dps combo or anything, it's just really safe. And yes, it has i-frames. Supposedly they last longer than they're supposed to and might get nerfed, but I only heard that from a friend who doesn't actually play much, so take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/commen...hread/emads6w/

This is a reddit comment from Reilet saying percentage reductions in enemy attack stats reduce their damage output by a lower percentage, so...

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Okay I'm starting to think I'm missing something about Phantom.
    I saw several people swearing on Shift Nachtangriff for Damage, while I like to use it for for dashing fast I prefer to use Shift Kugelsturm for damage. Am I missing something with Shift Nachtangriff? Note: Shift Nachtangriff hits for around 40k per shoot for me.
    There is also something about Shift Kugelsturm, In Videos while shooting they have 2 floating bits left and right that also shoot but when I do it those are missing. Anybody knows why that is?
    As for the remaining PAs both Variants of Strafe don't seem to do much damage for me, the Lock on Skill hits things for a mere 2-3k per hit while the Shift Variant explodes with the Power of a Single Normal Rifle Attack for me (around 25k). That kinda feels low considering it needs to be set up but I'm guessing I'm using it wrong.

Anybody has some tips how to properly utilize those PAs?

Swiki states that roughly 50% of the enemies’s attack power is considered “weapon attack” since that much is affected by variance. It is also the amount that isn’t affected by jellen’s attack reductions. (They actually state that with anything inflicting jellen, the actual decrease is half the stated value because of that reason).

Jellen bullet is 15% as stated on the bullet, but you only see a real decrease of 7.5%. (Yes, you can calculate an enemies attack stat by reversing the formula and get critted from them).

Now the reason why i keep saying it’s half that value is because most mobs hit for 20% ~ 120% as their “PA”, with the big meaty hits being closer to what you see as their 100% value (bosses generally hit for 80%). Some mobs hit for 300% and 600% consistently, but in exchange their have significantly lower attack stats (ex: floor 150 masquerade, yamato, and dragon). In rematch, they have 2x the attack stat supposedly.

And the basic damage formula is: (atk - def + element atk) / 5 * 1.05 * JA * PA * skill tree multipliers * potentials * etc... swiki has it on their damage calculation page as well although in it’s complete form.

Mobs apparently do not have element attack in the sense of our weapons having 60% element attack, nor do they have JA, skill tree, pots, and similars.
    Last edited by Reilet; May 2, 2019 at 03:50 AM.