Page 1 of 65 12341151 ... LastLast

Default Phantom Class Discussion

soo yeah, i believe we need one of these

weapons are Rod/Rifle/Katana

Gameplay video

Spoiler!

Phantom Native Action 1: Shift PA

PA behaviors change after tapping the weapon action.

Phantom Native Action 2: Phantom Marker

Applies a marker to the enemy hit by the attack.
    When you long tap the weapon action, a follow-up attack can occur.
    Technic Attack (Rods Only)

Activating a Technic causes an additional slash attack to occur.
    This can also recover some PP.
    Subclass Phantom

Phantoms do not support subclasses, however, you can set Phantom as a subclass for standard classes.

Phantom Notes from Attendees

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Batty; Dec 17, 2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: info update
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Hope it won't be another Hero incident.

I'm so freaking hyped. It looks great. The music is great. Hopefully follows with story back on track. Somehow some of the PAs ( or attacks) feel like partisan weapon mechanics, all of the weapons. The first PA shown reminds me of gunslash though
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Oct 30, 2018 at 12:07 PM.

So, what are your ideas for the class?
    Also, yes, make the class a sidegrade, not a straight upgrade over other classes. And especially don't make it a cookie cutter way to play, like 'Spam PA x, if you are hurt, press skill y, if you run out of PP, spam z'.
    Last edited by Kilich; Oct 30, 2018 at 12:15 PM.

From the look of it, though it's still early to speculate, the rifle and katana is pretty much single target, and the (wand?) is the only AoE there is. Unlike Hero that apparently the Sword can do pretty much everything from close range, long range, and even AoE, seems like we can really spread over between weapons equally with this one. We probably need some charging mechanics... maybe like partizan, for final blow or maybe damage boost or whatever, not sure. What I was hoping it could have some auto effects like JB can offer, but maybe next advanced class.

They're yet to reveal all others so for me it's really hard to judge right now. Whether this is going to be a single-target focus, no idea, but I am pretty much convinced this won't be an all-round class cause Hero has already take the spot. But if it is indeed single-target focus... then we're back to previous Hero problem again at least to folks like Gunner and Fighter.

It's kind of strange that the name of this class is the same as a class of monster (is this also true in japanese?). Maybe you will be able to change into a helicopter, a tyrannosaurus rex, or a train.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Love the female costume

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    From the look of it, though it's still early to speculate, the rifle and katana is pretty much single target, and the (wand?)
    most logic idea would be that its wand, having in mind the melee capabilities of it, however its seems unlikely when you see the way it holds the weapon right before it fades to rifle, its holding it with one hand close to one of the ends and the other one closer to the center, both hands way separated from each other, doesnt seem likely to be wand (imaginate holding something like the Master Sword weapon camo like this)

so i think that its either Partizan (unlikely too since it allready has katana) or rod used as a melee weapon. (scythes are considered a type of rod )

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    It's kind of strange that the name of this class is the same as a class of monster (is this also true in japanese?). Maybe you will be able to change into a helicopter, a tyrannosaurus rex, or a train.
    also noticed that the PA coloration effect is blue similar to Ether?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

I, for some reason, think that it might have a lot of photon blades, like the ones created by gunslash Ein Raketen 0. They stay in the air as a DoT until they are moved/transformed by the move's end, or other moves.

Dang too slow to make the thread too hyped for this class

OP please keep first of this thread updated with fps combos and numbers etc, I know I got lazy with the Hero thread but at but at least the vids I posted are still relevant and a reference post