Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    EDIT: I went ahead and tested it some more, and I think I know where the confusion is coming from. There IS decay on gear gain, I don't know if it builds up exactly the same as Hr's but it's definitely there, and REALLY obvious if you spam an AoE attack on zondeeled mobs in XH with a 1* weapon. However, it seems like either using your charged weapon action, or bursting marks (probably the latter), resets it instantly, so you don't need to change weapons.
    As if rabarta needed even more reasons to be awesome. It primes marks for detonation after 3 casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I went ahead and tested it some more, and I think I know where the confusion is coming from. There IS decay on gear gain, I don't know if it builds up exactly the same as Hr's but it's definitely there, and REALLY obvious if you spam an AoE attack on zondeeled mobs in XH with a 1* weapon. However, it seems like either using your charged weapon action, or bursting marks (probably the latter), resets it instantly, so you don't need to change weapons.
    Huh, so basically... Lord of Thorn is even worse than we though?

Lord of thorns was already barely a 1% gain in DPS, it isn't worth the points even without detonation affecting gear gain

do rod pa damage stacks out of s-atk or t-atk?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    do rod pa damage stacks out of s-atk or t-atk?
    rod PAs use t-atk to calculate dmg, but also use striking *rings*, so c/strike striking would be used strictly for rod PA damage.

thanks for the answer, is it viable to use rod purely with PAs or it would waste its potential?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    thanks for the answer, is it viable to use rod purely with PAs or it would waste its potential?
    You'd love normal Voelkermord PA.

Edit: Whoops, replied in the context of the ring. Anyway it's mixed, though most of the time you'd be using techs. If you do it only purely with PAs then you don't get the benefit of Ambivalence.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Apr 30, 2019 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    I don't generally play caster classes so I could be wrong, but I think the staples for phantom are brilliant ilgrants and gigrants t0. Though I'll point out since you said you've never played force/techer that you don't have to use rod on phantom if you don't want to, both of the other weapons are perfectly serviceable.
    Marks will accumulate any time you hit a target, eventually showing up as a blue icon and later turning purple. You can detonate the mark with a charged weapon action any time after the blue icon appears, but ideally you'd detonate it when it turns purple.
    Some other things to note:
    You can have marks on multiple targets, but I believe there's a limit to how many.
    The mark will shrink and disappear after a few seconds, but it's still there; marks don't actually go away until they're detonated.
    If you damage a mob that has a mark the mark will move to whatever part of the mob you just hit, and if you hit it with a charged weapon action it will move before it detonates. So all that matters is where you use the charged weapon action, where the icon is is meaningless. Why the icon works the way it does rather than like ilbarta's glyph I don't know, but it's super confusing.
    Probably because this way you can decide where the mark explodes instead of accidentally hitting an arm and being stuck with it for 50% damage instead of getting the weakspot multiplier.

I got a couple questions about marks:
    Marks appear on any enemy I hit with a phantom weapon (but not gs?) using normals / pas? Do the accumulate per hit or per pa, e.g. does Folter Zeit build them fast?

And you have to hit the same target x times for a blue mark to appear and then y more times for it to turn purple, which procs the max mark count skills? and purple does a lot more damage considering how much more often you have to hit?

If you keep oneshotting enemies you get no marks at all? I never got one outside training cause I'm doing SH with 14* weapons and oneshot everything?
    How important a part of Ph dps are marks?

And, which of the skills for reaching max mark count worth getting? Sounds to me like marks are rarely a thing outside bosses and getting to purple won't happen that much outside solo.

One more question: How much does Jellen Redress weaken enemies? 85% of the value with normal jellen? E.g. if enemy dmg is reduced 15% without it their dmg is reduced by 28% with it (85% * 85%)?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Probably because this way you can decide where the mark explodes instead of accidentally hitting an arm and being stuck with it for 50% damage instead of getting the weakspot multiplier.
    You decide that with ilbarta too though. The glyph is on the mob as a whole rather than on a specific part, but when it detonates the damage is dealt to wherever that last hit landed. It's also actually gone when it disappears, whereas phantom marks are still there, just hidden.

Marks appear on any enemy I hit with a phantom weapon (but not gs?) using normals / pas? Do the accumulate per hit or per pa, e.g. does Folter Zeit build them fast?
    Reilet posted a chart a couple pages back with damage numbers for all the phantom PAs, it has the mark accumulation values as well. It is per hit, and every PA accumulates them at different rates.

And you have to hit the same target x times for a blue mark to appear and then y more times for it to turn purple, which procs the max mark count skills? and purple does a lot more damage considering how much more often you have to hit?
    I'm not sure about the max mark skills since I haven't used them, but yes, maxed marks do more damage relative to how long they take to build than non-maxed marks.

If you keep oneshotting enemies you get no marks at all? I never got one outside training cause I'm doing SH with 14* weapons and oneshot everything?
    How important a part of Ph dps are marks?
    Correct, you probably won't see marks on non-boss mobs until XH.

DPS with marks is around 10% higher than without. They're not a massive part of your DPS, but they are a noticeable improvement.

And, which of the skills for reaching max mark count worth getting? Sounds to me like marks are rarely a thing outside bosses and getting to purple won't happen that much outside solo.
    Outside phantom time you're looking at maxing a mark once every ~15 seconds even with all the mark boosts, so I wouldn't take either of the max mark skills personally.

One more question: How much does Jellen Redress weaken enemies? 85% of the value with normal jellen? E.g. if enemy dmg is reduced 15% without it their dmg is reduced by 28% with it (85% * 85%)?
    I don't know specifically how it works, but I'm pretty sure Jellen affects the target's attack stat rather than their actual damage output, so the reduction in practice will be less than 15%. I would take it anyway since it sounds like defensive stats are gonna be important in UH and it's only one point, but it's not a huge reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    I don't know specifically how it works, but I'm pretty sure Jellen affects the target's attack stat rather than their actual damage output, so the reduction in practice will be less than 15%.
    Enemies don't have seperate base and weapon stats as far as I know, so it should effectively be the same thing in this case.