Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Executing it like what? It makes you go in the opposite direction you hold, and he's just following it up with quick cut. It's not a high dps combo or anything, it's just really safe. And yes, it has i-frames. Supposedly they last longer than they're supposed to and might get nerfed, but I only heard that from a friend who doesn't actually play much, so take that with a grain of salt.
    aha thanks Idk maybe I suck at quick cut but it doesnt look like that when I do it lol

And yes the vid is not about dps just showing the broken i frames XD

EDIT: ah stupid me, its because I was trying it without an enemy to lock on to :P thanks bro
    Last edited by rashoood; May 2, 2019 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    (atk - def + element atk) / 5 * 1.05 * JA * PA * skill tree multipliers * potentials * etc...
    I need to write this down somewhere because interpreting Google translate gibberish always makes me feel like I misunderstand what S-Wiki is trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    Reilet posted a chart a couple pages back with damage numbers for all the phantom PAs, it has the mark accumulation values as well. It is per hit, and every PA accumulates them at different rates.
    Outside phantom time you're looking at maxing a mark once every ~15 seconds even with all the mark boosts, so I wouldn't take either of the max mark skills personally.
    Thanks for the answers, I wasn't sure the basic mechanics.
    Still confused about some aspects.
    Is it counted per pa hit per enemy or only per pa hit, e.g. if Schmetterling's 1st hit hits 3 enemies, does it mean 3.9474 mark gain (1.3158*3)?
    And how to detonate marks? Charged weapon action? I think that does it on katana but it did not do anything on rifle, mobs with marks had them left even after I used a charged weapon action. Do only the marks of the enemies you hit with the charged weapon action detonate?
    No way to detonate all at once?

And it's counted for each enemy individual, 20 for blue and 100 for purple?
    Cause I spammed near 40 keys just now and got 2-3 blue marks total but if it was counted across all enemies since the last mark detonation I should have seen a lot of marks.

PS: Since this turned into a discussion of the damage formula...
    Subtraction and then multipliers added to the result cannot be the full formula cause if attacker atk = target def the result is 0 and when this is a case attacker and target are relatively close in level in which case damage should actually be relatively high.
    That means even a mechanism to avoid this like setting a min of 10 for damage in case of 0 won't work cause it's only appropriate if the attacker is much weaker it's fine if damage is really low.
    This formula might be fairly close to the real damage outside edge cases but it means it's some kind of approximation instead of the correct formula (and that also makes it really awkward to dry to really tell if def or hp is more important, something I only know from experience (hp is far more important)).

Also, How to ph rifle? It works so differently from katana and rod that I got no idea how to use it effectively instead of just arbitrarily stringing together random regular and shift pas.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; May 2, 2019 at 09:19 AM.

What is the DPS for rifle's 1-2-3 sequence again? Swiki still didn't update and going through 40 pages for the 1-2 posts isn't working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    What is the DPS for rifle's 1-2-3 sequence again? Swiki still didn't update and going through 40 pages for the 1-2 posts isn't working out.
    Here:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...=1#post3462750

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    Oh there it is. Thanks. Only 947 before headshots?

So what should the bonus 7SP from not maxing out Lord of Thorn be invested in?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    So what should the bonus 7SP from not maxing out Lord of Thorn be invested in?
    My Ph main character is currently running this Tree: http://bit.ly/2V9RYu3
    If I had 250pp I could've reduced Photon Stream to level 1 and have 4 spare SP, I would probably put them into PP high up.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post

PS: Since this turned into a discussion of the damage formula...
    Subtraction and then multipliers added to the result cannot be the full formula cause if attacker atk = target def the result is 0 and when this is a case attacker and target are relatively close in level in which case damage should actually be relatively high.
    That means even a mechanism to avoid this like setting a min of 10 for damage in case of 0 won't work cause it's only appropriate if the attacker is much weaker it's fine if damage is really low.
    This formula might be fairly close to the real damage outside edge cases but it means it's some kind of approximation instead of the correct formula (and that also makes it really awkward to dry to really tell if def or hp is more important, something I only know from experience (hp is far more important)).
    Because I only posted a simplified version of the damage formula... If you want the exact formula:

(((Base atk [ * shifta * tree boost * shifta drink, if any is applicable] + affixes + temp stat ups) [ * katana gear, if applicable] + weapon attack - enemy defense) * location modifier + weapon attack * weapon element value * element modifier) / 5 * 1.05 [ or 1.15 if zonde ] * JA * PA * skill tree multipliers * potentials * any other multipliers

Techs do not get the [weapon attack * weapon element value * element modifier] portion. That is zero for them. Instead, the location modifier is the element modifier.

That is for your maximum damage, if you want your minimum replace the first [weapon attack] with [weapon attack * 0.9]. It doesn’t affect the element attack value of the weapon.

The minimum damage you can do is 1. Enemies have around 4k attack and 315 defense at Lvl 80. 253 defense and roughly 3000 attack at lvl 63.

Level has nothing to do with the damage formula.
    Last edited by Reilet; May 2, 2019 at 04:38 PM.

zzz Phatom attacks are damaging but its very slow . How we make this class go any faster ? Its like by the time I use one attack , I have to start doging again lol.