Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Speak for yourself. It was decided not long ago that Lord of Thorns slows down gear accumulation and doesn't deserve points spent... and since I'm not a caster so: mine is.
    uhm... On level 3 Lord of Thorns is actually a DPS boost. Level 1~3 are the only ones worth investing into. 4~10 are the wasteful ones since you spend SP to deal less dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kole View Post
    phantom skill tree build plz XD (90% sure I messed it up)
    mine isn't suited for everyone, caster with whale pp affix + lightstream rod here

------

what i learned so far;
    - i can't time quick cut properly, so i decided to drop it. personally i wouldn't use katana on ph unless it's really on restricted conditions (like Anga's resist), but eh i still prefer gunslash overall
    - i didn't have proper time to do mark detonation during phantom time and keep casting ilgrants seems kills the target faster. the reason i put 1 pt is that 200% mark boost during phantom time is fast enough for me (Shifted Voelkermord + Ramegid-0 + Techs apparently still fast enough to build marker).
    - my mark detonation sucks on 'big' bosses, keep missing. but i'm surprised how far is that rod detonation swing could reach, for guruguru masquerade and *teleport behind you* stage for example, the marker detonation is nice.

btw what is good unit for Ph? i'm currently running with affixed rappy unit (+22pp and few other stats). i was hoping to get celestial rear but the time never comes (and keep droping other arms/legs). should i just use the Mask Of Vain? i can't decide because i'm not sure if loss 150hp from lightstream unit is worth it. i need someone to encourage me if Mask+Lightstream arm+Lightstream leg is good because when i'm asking around my friends just keep telling to wait for rear drop

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    On level 3 Lord of Thorns is actually a DPS boost.
    . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    Lord of thorns was already barely a 1% gain in DPS, it isn't worth the points even without detonation affecting gear gain

. . . . .
    Building det up is so quick and easy with 3pts but i mean if youre just going to bandwagon builds dont use it. Not like Ph tree is hard to mess up
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

... gear accumulation ... I'm not a caster...

Quote Originally Posted by quickasker View Post
    mine isn't suited for everyone, caster with whale pp affix + lightstream rod here
    Looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by quickasker View Post
    btw what is good unit for Ph? i'm currently running with affixed rappy unit (+22pp and few other stats). i was hoping to get celestial rear but the time never comes (and keep droping other arms/legs). should i just use the Mask Of Vain? i can't decide because i'm not sure if loss 150hp from lightstream unit is worth it. i need someone to encourage me if Mask+Lightstream arm+Lightstream leg is good because when i'm asking around my friends just keep telling to wait for rear drop
    I vote for Mask of Vain. But if in doubt, just put Lightstream, lool.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; May 3, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

Wondering if the chase skills are even worth it, outside of Ph time (which builds extremely slowly and I have only got it once so far despite doing a bunch of XH already) the 5% success rate to apply Jellen does not inspire confidence.

Aside from that also feels like katana is super slow at building marks compared to rifle but I'm using katana a lot so not sure if there is a point in spending any sp at all on the max mark count skills (I got all skills to raise mark accumulation besides chase already).

And finally, really not sure about tech short charge, I hear it's great for Ilgrants but it feels so situational because of not just the lowered damage but also the hefty added pp cost, feels like getting it greatly reduces the amount of techs I can use.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Wondering if the chase skills are even worth it, outside of Ph time (which builds extremely slowly and I have only got it once so far despite doing a bunch of XH already) the 5% success rate to apply Jellen does not inspire confidence.
    Just 100% my toughts. I don't pick Chase and Phantom Time Jellen Plus 'cause of that and 2 points in Jellen just for Redress (for MPA).

Aside from that also feels like katana is super slow at building marks compared to rifle but I'm using katana a lot so not sure if there is a point in spending any sp at all on the max mark count skills (I got all skills to raise mark accumulation besides chase already).
    I'm using a Rifle and always have Blue mark while use PAs, but slow normals make mark building tougher. Otherwise Rod's or Katana's normals build mark pretty quickly for me.

And finally, really not sure about tech short charge, I hear it's great for Ilgrants but it feels so situational because of not just the lowered damage but also the hefty added pp cost, feels like getting it greatly reduces the amount of techs I can use.
    I use it only for Safoie-0 fast travel and quick heals.

Hey! I found a good AoE combo for Rifle: WA -> Strafe A -> Strafe. Tested on Haruko TA >_<

~snip

Huh, I thought the skill was reducing PP cost and not increasing? To me technic-using Phantom with Tech Short Charge feels really good. Sure, you lose damage because of the skill but you can cast a lot faster/more. Guess it's personal preferance really, but I like it a lot.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

the hefty added pp cost, feels like getting it greatly reduces the amount of techs I can use.

what.

So basically you don't know how to play the class, gotcha.

Even with 5% trigger rate, Jellen & Chase Mark Boost can speed up your Gear gain by a decent chunk and multi-hit attacks can trigger Jellen very easily. Not to mention MPA's are currently full with Phantoms so Jellen is almost always active.

You don't build up markers only using Attacks. You need to Counter enemy attacks for it to build up. Phantom Attacks have good I frames but Dodging attacks should, just like with Hero, be your top priority, regardless of weapon.

You can do the math yourself but in the vast majority of instances Tech Short Charge is a DPS boost and the PP consumption rate is reduced, not increased. in fact the spammy nature of some techs makes them perfect for Jellen infliction.