Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    I mean, you're the one talking out of your ass saying it's unplayable.

But sure.

The answer is going to be perfectly fine btw.
    Again, don't ignore my point. You're the one talking out of your ass because you bring nothing to the discussion but assumptions. I say how the system is too restrictive nowadays out of experience and how you basically can't use it in solo endgame content due to those limitations. Do you not understand this? Whenever I use the word unplayable or not viable is just semantics so stop obsessing over it.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Apr 20, 2019 at 02:51 AM.

is Phrase Decay actually worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    is Phrase Decay actually worth it?
    Considering main class Phantom can apply Jellen, that SEGA confirmed Basilis will drop again in UH and that Phrase Decay is 5% more damage it probably is worth affixing if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Again, don't ignore my point. You're the one talking out of your ass because you bring nothing to the discussion but assumptions. I say how the system is too restrictive nowadays out of experience and how you basically can't use it in solo endgame content due to those limitations. Do you not understand this? Whenever I use the word unplayable or not viable is just semantics so stop obsessing over it.

You did it again too.

"You can't use it in solo endgame."

Yes. You. Fucking. Can.

Are you so miserable at this game that you cannot manage to do that? Do you suck so much that you need free flowing PA's to even begin to play at a decent level?

Because all I see here are people whining and bitching about this horrendous 2 button system. Like it's the sole reason anyone could ever do horribly. Which is most certainly not the case, 2 or 3 button isn't going to change someone being bad at their core!

And you're getting so amazingly worked up about it, which is getting me worked up. Because you can't seem to handle someone using 2 button? WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH? Just going by what you say, 2 button is better off deleted and fuck anyone who likes it.

Also my system isn't the greatest, so that video ain't happening. I know what responses saying THAT will get, so no need to say anything.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Apr 28, 2019 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Removed inflammatory portion

So don't be a hyperbolic piece of shit.

You did it again too.

Yes. You. Fucking. Can.

Are you so miserable at this game that you cannot manage to do that? Do you suck so much that you need free flowing PA's to even begin to play at a decent level?

Because all I see here are people whining and bitching about this horrendous 2 button system. Like it's the sole reason anyone could ever do horribly. Which is most certainly not the case, 2 or 3 button isn't going to change someone being bad at their core!

And you're getting so amazingly worked up about it, which is getting me worked up. Because you can't seem to handle someone using 2 button? WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH? Just going by what you say, 2 button is better off deleted and fuck anyone who likes it.

Also my system isn't the greatest, so that video ain't happening. I know what responses saying THAT will get, so no need to say anything.
    woah boy if this isn't bait then idk what is

>download OBS
    >turn shaders off etc to record fine
    >post on youtube
    >done
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

You did it again too.

Yes. You. Fucking. Can.

Look man, 2-button really is shit. We're not talking out of our asses here. Like when they say using 2-button is unplayable doesn't mean that you literally can't do solo endgame content with it, but the DPS loss/flow restriction you have might as well make it unplayable. To attempt that stuff with 2-button is what I'd consider masochism or doing meme runs. Back then you pretty much had to have weapon palettes full of a single PA except for palettes designed for things like Vol Graptor/Banish combos or combos that take advantage of TAJA. Switching between palettes has a delay before you can use PAs/weapon actions after the swap, and you have to deal with latency if your palette swap also involves changing to a different weapon. That stuff straight up leads to a DPS loss (and exposes you to taking damage because you can't use weapon actions like Guard/S-Roll, etc. until you've fully swapped). Yes, we managed back in the day, but that was then.

Shoot, I remember my GU/HU setup back in the late EP2 days up to the update they did towards the end of EP3. It was something like

Palette 1: Satellite Aim x3 (main DPS)
    Palette 2: Dead Approach x3 (short-distance approach)
    Palette 3: Grim Barrage x3 (long-distance approach)
    Palette 4: Elder Rebellion x3 (long-distance chain pops; after Infinite Fire nerf)
    Palette 5: Aerial Shooting x3 (to gain air)
    Palette 6: Shift Period x3 (mobbing)

After 3-button came out, I could condense most things like this (every palette has normal attack and weapon action on it):

Palette 1: Satellite Aim, Dead Approach, Infinite Fire Type-0, Aerial Shooting (main DPS)
    Palette 2: Satellite Aim, Dead Approach, Reverse Tap, Shift Period (mobbing, until S-Roll Arts was a thing)
    Palette 3: Satellite Aim, Grim Barrage, Infinite Fire Type-0, Aerial Shooting (long-distance chase)
    Palette 4: Satellite Aim, Elder Rebellion, Infinite Fire Type-0, Aerial Shooting (long-distance chain pops)
    Palette 5: Rifle swap
    Palette 6: Shifta JB swap

Now I could keep my most-used PAs in a common spot but now I could use other PAs that I need to without bothering with the delay from swapping to another palette. Also, because of the palettes freed up, I have space to swap to a rifle for niche situations like shooting Deus when it's too far away for phase 2/3 and also use those JBs that have Shifta built-in.

So yeah, when people say they are using 2-button, I have to ask "why?". For the life of me I cannot think of a single reason why someone would stick with 2-button, outside of familiarity/refusal of change, when there are literally no advantages to sticking with an outdated system. For example, with Hero, Phantom, and the future successor class, why would you want to split up your PAs across palettes when you could fit all PAs for a weapon onto a single palette? For you to convince us that it is still viable (my definition of viable is clearing solo endgame content like XQ Phantoms, UQ Persona Depth 100+, Endless Quest, solo trigger Persona, etc. without cheesing, at a time consistent with other people using 3-button), you're gonna have to provide receipts. Looks like that's not gonna happen with you though, given that you said your system can't handle recording video.

You did it again too.

Yes. You. Fucking. Can.

It's funny you assume i'm getting worked up about it when I'm just glad people who used that shit outdated control scheme, that was made with Vita limitations in mind, won't be able to be carried to expert matching anymore.

This entire argument started with "2 button is unplayable" "no it isn't" "yes it is, prove otherwise"

I'm not going to go do 99 depths of Masquerade, I have other shit to do. It's not like his moveset is hard, I just don't want to bother doing all that.

This entire argument started with "2 button is unplayable" "no it isn't" "yes it is, prove otherwise"

I'm not going to go do 99 depths of Masquerade, I have other shit to do. It's not like his moveset is hard, I just don't want to bother doing all that.
    you like took the words "unplayable" too serious and exploded into all this anger, now show me solo XQ play
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Let's not forget that when we usually say "unplayable" we mean "10% or less performing than optimal".

The exact same problem exists with the word "unviable". If the optimal meta build deals, for example, 100000dps, then anything that deals 95000 or less is "unviable". This is simply a misuse of the word which has been established since at least the 90s (and possibly even earlier).