Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 74754555657585960 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    What are the currently most efficient skill trees for PH Main and PH sub for TE and FO?
    Ph sub has a huge pool of SP leftover, you could literally grab everything thats not main class only
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Three things

QC Wolken is good and possibly the best option for katana atm.
    Shift Nacht sits at 1690 dps compared to the previous 12XX normal Nacht.
    Shift Schwarze is ~11XX compared to the previous 850 ~ 1060 Volkermord.

Since I'm not good in DPS theory and switched to Katana recently I have a question which one combo's better:
    Rose Schwert x2 -> N3 or Shft Wolken QC macro spam?

I think I asked this before, Full Drive doesn't effect the build up for Phantom Time right?
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I think I asked this before, Full Drive doesn't effect the build up for Phantom Time right?
    it does.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    it does.
    ah well the wording on the descriptions are what sorta gave me doubts but I've still had it maxed out anyways, i was considering on removing it if it didnt but I can just leave it as is then. ty
    PSO2 NGS

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

for the heck of it I was looking at lord of thorn again and I put some stuff on a table like this

but then I thought about making the table look like this:

but really I was just trying to take a crack at figuring out what exactly phantom's relationship between markers, gear generation, and phantom time/finish is supposed to be again. I still felt a little lost as to what I am supposed to be doing on phantom.

I heard there's a decaying factor for gear building on phantom's PAs that is only reset on gear detonation, so I was wondering how fast that starts to happen, and if it's worth detonating stage 1 marks just to get the gear build resets.
    get the resets to build gear faster, then use phantom time to get max stack markers for the big damage when you need it. then you would wind up using lord of thorn to push your marker detonation damage higher if you don't need to reset the gear build rate as often; either through not spamming the same few PAs and/or getting the most out of all three weapon's PAs before needing to reset the build rate

but all of that relies on if I even need to bother resetting the gear build rate at all; I admit, I haven't really done much at all with phantom in months, but even then I dont think I was aware of the gear building situation yet

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I heard there's a decaying factor for gear building on phantom's PAs that is only reset on gear detonation, so I was wondering how fast that starts to happen, and if it's worth detonating stage 1 marks just to get the gear build resets.
    get the resets to build gear faster, then use phantom time to get max stack markers for the big damage when you need it. then you would wind up using lord of thorn to push your marker detonation damage higher if you don't need to reset the gear build rate as often; either through not spamming the same few PAs and/or getting the most out of all three weapon's PAs before needing to reset the build rate
    The gear gain decay builds up per hit. AoE Attacks count single hitboxes against multiple enemies as one hit, so hitting mobs with AoEs is the fastest way to build gear on Ph, since they don't get a gear bonus against bosses like Hr does. The decay still decreases over time like Hr, but detonanting markers makes it instant. It's not really worth detonating blue markers on bosses, but if you happen to get one while mobbing it is, if only because the mob will probably die before you get a purple one anyway, might as well get a gear gain reset out of it. This is actually why I feel Lord of Thorn isn't worth it at all.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 27, 2019 at 12:37 AM.

hm... well I did just think a second. if max stack markers need 5x the time blue markers need, I just took the max stack modifier for katana, divided it in half, and compared it to the blue stack modifier for rod, and its like; rod's blue stack modifier is 840, and katana's max stack modifier is 4300 / 5 = 860, and considering that rod has much higher base atk than katana might mean blue marker rod detonations could still be useful; but im probably still missing something. like I know about the skills that give you some pp back and a heal for reaching max marker stack but im not terribly sure how useful they are

anyway yeah I guess the point of what I was thinking of was just like; inching lord of thorn up enough to make sure you can get a blue marker reset off of a mob here or there, but then when it comes to bosses I guess there's no way to make sure you can drive up phantom gear fast enough to warrent resetting with blue markers to get more phantom times off and using the boosted marker rate skill for phantom time to get the max markers and have them be worth it.

or well, I guess it could also be worth considering how many max markers you can normally detonate during phantom time too; but yeah shrug even with that it might not be worth it. I guess I just was trying too hard to think of what lord of thorn could mean to indirectly increase damage, since on paper it's clearly not a direct damage increase
    Last edited by Zorak000; Aug 27, 2019 at 03:54 PM.

oh right you can't really control which hitbox the rod marker detonation hits can you; shrug