Thread: Mission lock

Default Mission lock

Hey guys, just recently started the game and enjoying so far. Big difference from the Dreamcast original, but fun anyway. Very complicated gameplay mechanics too. I'm currently stuck with only 4 missions in the Forest area. I can't complete any of the Koffie missions because I can't teleport to the planet without selecting 1 of the 4 missions listed.

Subdue Za Oodan
    Subdue Fangulf
    Dagan Extermination: Forest
    Nab Rappy Capture

I've included a screenshot to show.

I have completed these 4 missions at least 2 or 3 times, but nothing changes. I still can't beam down to the planet without selecting 1 of them. I'd really like to resolve this problem soon, otherwise the game will become boring and I'll just stop playing.
    I had 1 of the million XP cards and reached Level 30. The next day, I used the second card, but stayed at Level 30, so being able to play Koffie's client quests is extremely important.

Also, a smaller problem to solve. My character just has a gun, but I've also found swords, however have no idea how to equip them. The menu system is way more complicated than either Dreamcast or Gamecube and I'm completely stuck with it.

Thank you very much in advance to anyone who replies..!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaCas View Post
    Hey guys, just recently started the game and enjoying so far. Big difference from the Dreamcast original, but fun anyway. Very complicated gameplay mechanics too. I'm currently stuck with only 4 missions in the Forest area. I can't complete any of the Koffie missions because I can't teleport to the planet without selecting 1 of the 4 missions listed.

Subdue Za Oodan
    Subdue Fangulf
    Dagan Extermination: Forest
    Nab Rappy Capture

I've included a screenshot to show.

I have completed these 4 missions at least 2 or 3 times, but nothing changes. I still can't beam down to the planet without selecting 1 of them. I'd really like to resolve this problem soon, otherwise the game will become boring and I'll just stop playing.
    I had 1 of the million XP cards and reached Level 30. The next day, I used the second card, but stayed at Level 30, so being able to play Koffie's client quests is extremely important.

Also, a smaller problem to solve. My character just has a gun, but I've also found swords, however have no idea how to equip them. The menu system is way more complicated than either Dreamcast or Gamecube and I'm completely stuck with it.

Thank you very much in advance to anyone who replies..!
    In order to unlock the Free Fields, you need to complete one of Koffie's COs that requires you to complete Dagan Extermination, and judging by your picture, it looks like you have a client order that requires you to complete Subdue Fangulf and one that needs you to complete Dagan Extermination, so I assume you have it.

Unlike the original PSO where every class could use a wide variety of weapons, each class in PSO2 can only natively use a very specific set of weapons (ie. Ranger can use Rifle and Launcher, Hunter can use Sword, Wired Lance, and Partizan, etc.); to use other ones you must change classes or find weapons that are multi-/all-class, and even then, you would only be able to use their PAs if you have the class they go with as a Subclass.

Also, if I were you, I would save those 1 million EXP tickets for once you get the second level cap increase, otherwise you are just wasting the EXP.
    Last edited by Anduril; Nov 5, 2018 at 08:32 AM.

If you're new to the game better don't use any exp tickets (not even 15k) just save them up for later cause you still have to learn a lot and being high lvl too fast won't do you any good. And of course, there are a number of level caps. Iirc once you're lvl 50 there are no more caps except for hero but to unlock that you need to get 3 different classes (melee / range / tech) to lvl 75 first anyway.

You can use every class on every character so once you got your original class combo to a decent lvl and want to try a new class combo (e.g. you start with ranger / hunter and later try force / techer) you can use the tickets cause you don't need to learn the game from round up anymore.

And yeah, you got a main and subclass and need to keep them around the same lvl to be effective.

Oh and turn on 3 button system in the menu, it's like PSO1 but the default for PSO2 (unless sega changed it) is 2 button which means if you press a button once you'll perform the action in the 1st slot and if you press it again you'll perform the action i the 2nd slot, not nearly as good as 3 button layout.

Aside from that, you can change classes any time in the lobby at the class counter (that Bea dude) so try out which class combo you want to try out first, the pinned thread on this board have links to build guides for all good class combos.
    And if you mess up your build you can use the "Set Recommended" option in the game (will re-distribute points spent as well) for good meta skill trees.

Pick your main and sub class carefully (Meta or Niche, you need to make sure what you'll have fun with and not something that may turn you off from playing the game for awhile).

the weapon system isn't exactly like the old games, you cant just be a HU and be able to use TMG's or a Double Saber, you'll have to be a class that mains those specific weapons to be used to its highest rarity (of sorts). There are All Class type weapons that allow you to use them like a Hunter/Fighter using idk a Double Saber, you must know the PA's to use them with that all class weapon but also a subclass that actually supports it. You can't be a Hunter/Fighter using Twin Machineguns because though you may know the PA's, your class combo does not support it. Some weapons come with pre-installed PA's but its just more or less for fun or very niche play

Just remember what class your investing into, do some research on what works (hybrids are there but Sega shat on those with Main Class only skills) before doing a combo like Hu/Gu and regretting it later on.

Also remember a new class is being released in a couple of weeks, you'll need at least 1 of each class type at Lv75 to play Phantom (and Hero). So doing something like Techer/Hunter would work or Gunner/Fighter. Long as 1 of S/R/T atk classes hits 75, you're good to go
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Also remember a new class is being released in a couple of weeks, you'll need at least 1 of each class type at Lv75 to play Phantom (and Hero). So doing something like Techer/Hunter would work or Gunner/Fighter. Long as 1 of S/R/T atk classes hits 75, you're good to go
    Wasn't that changed to "Get any 2 classes to lvl75", or do I remember something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Wasn't that changed to "Get any 2 classes to lvl75", or do I remember something else?
    Yes, it will just be any two classes to 75.

Also, what's with the 5 month necro on this post?