Default Error 650 every single day for over 40 days straight

Hi all,

I've been getting error 650 every single day since October 3rd, the screenshot below shows my login history for the past 10 days (IPs redacted).

Spoiler!

Let me be clear that I primarily login from a desktop PC at home where my ISP public facing IP address doesn't change very often. There has been no change to the desktop PC at home. Furthermore, I also have a laptop that more often than not, when I login to even away from home (friends house, hotel, place of work even) I rarely get the 650 login error.

Moving on to the point: every single day since October 3rd, I have to deal with logging in twice with OTP on top. As such, my login routine has become cumbersome. Basically this is what my login process looks like now:

1. Login w/ Sega ID and Password
    2. Enter Google Authenticatior OTP
    3. Error 650 prompt, temporary code sent to my registered email address
    4. Returns me to login again w/ Sega ID and Password
    5. Enter a new Google Authenticatior OTP (have to wait for last one to refresh, otherwise it errors out)
    6. Enter the temporary code sent to my registered email address
    7. Finally logged in

This whole process is tedious as hell and easily turns what's normally a 30 second login process into about 2 whole minutes.

I believe this whole ordeal started when there was that PSO2/Sega website phishing some time ago. I have since changed my Sega ID as one attempt to resolve this ongoing issue, to no avail. Since this happens to me on both my Desktop PC at home and my Laptop (whether at home or elsewhere), I have reason to believe something is going on either with my account or the login servers.

And to top this off, whatever's happening is either just me or not large scale enough to warrant any discussion within the foreigner player base.

Sorry for the long-winded thread, I always try to be explicitly clear. Anyone know what I can do to fix this annoying problem, or provide any insight?

Thanks in advance.

This might not help in your case since you might have already tried it, but I remember that this would happen to a few people and simply resetting their network hardware would fix the issue. In those cases, I would guess it had something to do with some minor error causing their MAC address to be incorrectly read, thus triggering the 650.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    This might not help in your case since you might have already tried it, but I remember that this would happen to a few people and simply resetting their network hardware would fix the issue. In those cases, I would guess it had something to do with some minor error causing their MAC address to be incorrectly read, thus triggering the 650.
    I came across your post in that thread, but I'll try it anyway. I'll try it on both machines.

Thanks for the input-- I'll report back in a few days.

Update:

Dug up the thread talking about those scam/phishing sites: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...ted-(Oct-04th)

The posting of that thread correlates with my report of having this issue since October 3rd, which was also right after server maintenance.It's been 2 days after performing the Network Reset on both of my machines and I'm still getting persistent error 650 login cycles.

This is beyond frustrating, either I'm the only one facing this problem or no else has brought it up in these forums. At this point in time, I can't think of anything else to try-- this problem is seemingly account or server related. The thing that makes this a real shit-icing topped cake is having to deal with OTP on top of the 650 authentication.

I should add that I'm confident my Sega ID hasn't been compromised, otherwise I would be seeing error 650 email codes hitting my inbox outside of me logging into PSO2. Also, I changed my password about 2 weeks ago, so if anyone had my password-- they would've probably tried locking me out already.

Anybody at all facing this other than me?
    Last edited by A Man in Flames; Nov 18, 2018 at 09:36 PM.

Update:

The problem persists, in case anyone was morbidly curious.

Seems I only have two options:

1. Hope that whatever changed back in early October un-fucks itself, OR;
    2. Contact Sega and risk getting my account banned.