Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    If things were not RNG based there would be no point though. It's just like "Awesome, I spent a preset amount of time repeating this task to get a pretty image and number change in a game." With RNG rarity is actually a thing, so it's actually exciting getting something great. This is a loot based RPG, the entire concept since their existence was to slay monsters in hopes of them dropping sweet gear. When you remove that you're just taking a massive step towards becoming another cliche theme park "I choose what you're doing" MMO. It's like playing Ninja Gaiden and saying "Arrrgh I'm dying too much, make the hardest difficulty easier because I don't have time to get that good."
    Well, that's what makes CF great, no? If they apply to every single weapon in-game (from the worst to the best)

People can choose to get the item via RNG for a sense of pride and accomplishment I'm sorry, or for those that only want 1 specific item / don't have the time can choose to get CF can get it and be happy about it (happy customer = more chance to support the game, no?). And CF still takes time to complete too.

The CF system will support both .... unless people who want get the item via RNG wanna enforce the rng-based for everyone, of course.

Making people can freely choose what equipment they want, kinda balance it out and making difficulty of designing content easier too, I think?
    Since the devs will know "almost" everyone will have around same power level (equipment wise), with the only difference is with player skills / build.

Though in this case, it's changed from rarity to "power rank" or something (with not much power difference between each weapon on same rank, hopefully, but using different gimmick / playstyle)
    Last edited by final_attack; Nov 27, 2018 at 07:52 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

I'll be honest, I didn't care for any of those 13 stars that are required for Austere NT. I got some, kept some, then we had a pinata of 14 stars and I just ditched them.
    Ah, well.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

I know that Pickup Stone Online 2 gets meme'd a lot but a lot of this Game's RNG issues could be alleviated if endgame quests dropped Stones that you can eventually exchange for the weapon you want. And then you realize that we've already been here, Galeru, Yurgundur and Caligula + Dark Nero Crystals were able to give you the weapon you wanted if the Quest itself didn't want to and even all the Advanced and Extreme Quests dropped stones that gave you access to decent gear.

However with EP4 Sega seems to have wanted to end the Memes by replacing stones with time limited CF, Orbit is a perfect example of that. Instead of making all Orbit weapons available from Mining Defense 4 Stones @ Zieg they held off on half of the weapons and only distributed the other ones via Mining Defense 5 and if you wanted to reduce RNG with those newer Orbit weapons you had to be active during that period of time because outside of the recent Summoner CF all CF are temporary. I know this seems absurd but a lot of this game's issues can be traced back to EP4.

Getting a weapon to +35 wasn't an issue prior to NT weapons being released because you only needed one copy of a weapon anyway (element can be maxed via other means). And OT weapon Grinding isn't that big of an RNG issue since they added +30% Grind success rate to the Excube shop. EP5 seems like they're trying to go back to what we had back prior to EP4. we have a mix of CF and stones Crests and poor Zieg can't catch a break. If 2019 Weapon badges give Jutus then this will further reduce RNG when it comes to obtaining a Endgame weapon, since Evleda CF is here to stay for a long time. But especially now that we're getting 14* CF and they're limited to 1 Weapon per CF I hope we'll start seeing more permanent Collection files instead of ones that are limited to a certain time period which players might skip due to a new game releasing or irl business (or just being burned out because Sega can't produce substantial content fast enough).
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Nov 27, 2018 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Getting a weapon to +35 wasn't an issue prior to NT weapons being released because you only needed one copy of a weapon anyway
    And that´s another issue that is made even worse by RNG.
    I do have some of the weapons required for Austere but, some of them, i will never be able to get them to +35 since i got random ones.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821;3456287
    I hope we'll start seeing more permanent Collection files instead of ones that are limited to a certain time period [/quote
    And this is probably my biggest issue right here.

Most MMORPG make it so that content from an episode/expansion stays available and ready for players to take at any given time so even if you have RL committments or other things to do, you can still keep up, as long as you are willing to work hard on that older content at your own pace.

Not so much on PSO2.

Someone like me, who has put hundreds and hundreds of hours into the game and has probably a much bigger played time than most top geared people, as i have been here since the beta, has a much smaller progression that people who joined half a year ago but could focus farm at the right time.

It does not feel right, but it it what it is, i guess.

I still have fun on PSO2 and i enjoy the story and the EQ´s for all their flaws, so it´s not like it´s a deal breaker for me.
    But i would ironically, probably play and farm a lot harder if i felt like my effort means something.

But here you cannot do that, here, if you missed the right week or you were working an intensive business period during a patch deployment you are essentially screwed no matter how many hours you put into the game right after that.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    If things were not RNG based there would be no point though. It's just like "Awesome, I spent a preset amount of time repeating this task to get a pretty image and number change in a game." With RNG rarity is actually a thing, so it's actually exciting getting something great. This is a loot based RPG, the entire concept since their existence was to slay monsters in hopes of them dropping sweet gear. When you remove that you're just taking a massive step towards becoming another cliche theme park "I choose what you're doing" MMO. It's like playing Ninja Gaiden and saying "Arrrgh I'm dying too much, make the hardest difficulty easier because I don't have time to get that good."
    the irony of the first part of your post existing alongside using a single-player game that isn't a skinner box as an example. what a contradiction. one's skill based (Ninja Gaiden), the other's a slot machine.

this kind of logic is foolish and the fact of the matter is, games are entertainment, effectively toys. wanting them to be a slot machine for poopsockers with the luxury to nolife it is goofy as hell and is genuinely a sign of a person with problems.

I think some might miss the draw of rng loot games, trying to maximize your chances for the moment you get lucky and boast about it before your team, rising your character above what was possible. Same thing as in tabletop games, MH, or older mmos like WoW.